NY black couple charged their wedding guests $333 each in an effort to save money, only 60 out of 350 guests came

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
wife and I got married with a minister and a witness (minister’s husband) in a little room in an office building. That’s all. For me it was for legal purposes to ensure my wife and daughter are taken care of if something happens to me.

Other than that, the idea of marriage isn’t sacred enough for me to give a fuck about. I’m not a spiritual nor romantic. So asking me to care about any of that stuff is way out my element. My wife knows this about me. lol.

I know there are many times she would want me to be romantic, but I don’t have it in me. Makes me feel awkward as hell.

I’m glad she likes me for who I am because I wouldn’t be in a relationship ever again if we don’t work out.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Another couple with this bullshit idea... :smh:

Then,he criticizes folks how they spend their money.

Idealistic people can really be delusional to reality. I only keep realist in my circle because I don’t have to time to feed into people’s idealisms, especially when they are accompanied with narcissistic behaviors.

In that short clip, he displayed everything I dislike about those type of people. And the entitlement? He trippin’.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
wife and I got married with a minister and a witness (minister’s husband) in a little room in an office building. That’s all. For me it was for legal purposes to ensure my wife and daughter are taken care of if something happens to me.

Other than that, the idea of marriage isn’t sacred enough for me to give a fuck about. I’m not a spiritual nor romantic. So asking me to care about any of that stuff is way out my element. My wife knows this about me. lol.

I know there are many times she would want me to be romantic, but I don’t have it in me. Makes me feel awkward as hell.

I’m glad she likes me for who I am because I wouldn’t be in a relationship ever again if we don’t work out.

H6eA9j.gif

8cfe39141c17e1a1f8914e49962023bbc4c3227e.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Idealistic people can really be delusional to reality. I only keep realist in my circle because I don’t have to time to feed into people’s idealisms, especially when they are accompanied with narcissistic behaviors.

In that short clip, he displayed everything I dislike about those type of people. And the entitlement? He trippin’.

ec930a98dbcfdbeda4a175192840742e.gif

These negroes ain't Vulcan

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smart, and that sounds dope.

They knew what was important and having a big wedding wasn't it.
Think about all the weddings you've been to...the bride and groom are being bombarded with questions, picture requests, and just general bothering. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend enough to buy a Benz Suv in straight cash, on some music, pictures, and a bunch of nicely dressed people.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Smart, and that sounds dope.

They knew what was important and having a big wedding wasn't it.

Now hold on...If that is what THEY want?

I have no issue with it.

If they choose to budget save plan all that?

Beautiful and I will attend bring a gift and a check.

as much as I would tell them it's not necessary? If it's something they always wanted and can afford and necessary for them?

Go all out!

this specific couple was on some Ole bullsh*t so I don't take that seriously or the norm. But I got WEDDING HORROR STORIES but that's for later.

Realize we have dudes on here waste money on sneakers, crypto, and cars and watches, etc? Same for women with hair, shows, bags etc

So why can't 2 people have a blow out party celebration of love that's essentially free for everyone else?

as much as an older person I can talk against it? I also understand tradition and family.

It's tricky. Weddings are too expensive. But real talk?

I spent as much on my mom funeral now that I think about it

So bro... it's simple but complicated.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Think about all the weddings you've been to...the bride and groom are being bombarded with questions, picture requests, and just general bothering. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend enough to buy a Benz Suv in straight cash, on some music, pictures, and a bunch of nicely dressed people.
Back then, I used to think those big weddings were how you should show out, but the more I read and became older as I matured, I came to the conclusion that them big weddings are a waste of money. Now, I'll never get married having a big wedding, so if she isn't down with that, she can get the stepping.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But if that's they dream? If that's what THEY want? I get it it makes sense.

My wedding still gets talked about decades later. People still got the actual photos on their walls.

It's not just some music. That was the first dance with my wife in front of everyone we love. And we danced with both our moms. Those pictures are cherished and filled with happy faces I will never see again. And those weren't just nicely dressed people it was friends and family celebrating together because time is fleeting as f**k.

Having said all that? Sh*t was still too expensive.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

I have no issue with it.

as much as I would tell them it's not necessary? If it's something they always wanted and can afford and necessary for them?

Go all out!

this specific couple was on some Ole bullsh*t so I don't take that seriously or the norm. But I got WEDDING HORROR STORIES but that's for later.

Realize we have dudes on here waste money on sneakers, crypto, and cars and watches, etc? Same for women with hair, shows, bags etc

So why can't 2 people have a blow out party celebration of love that's essentially free for everyone else?

as much as an older person I can talk against it? I also understand tradition and family.

I understood very clearly what you mean, I just don't believe going all out for a wedding for a day, not even realizing if this marriage is gonna last. To each their own!!

I'm not telling others what they should do with their wedding, some would agree on having a big wedding and some won't. The issue most people having these big weddings can't afford them.

There's nothing wrong with having a wedding that fits your budget that you can afford as long as both are happy because that's all that matters.

Yeah we used to waste money on dumb things but people become wise on making smarter decision as they get older to know what's important and what isnt.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But if that's they dream? If that's what THEY want? I get it it makes sense.

My wedding still gets talked about decades later. People still got the actual photos on their walls.

It's not just some music. That was the first dance with my wife in front of everyone we love. And we danced with both our moms. Those pictures are cherished and filled with happy faces I will never see again. And those weren't just nicely dressed people it was friends and family celebrating together because time is fleeting as f**k.

Having said all that? Sh*t was still too expensive.
I'm glad your wedding was dope, but you weren't fleecing people for cash. That's the difference. Those folks were on some "ya'll gonna pay for our extravagant bourgeois wedding" shit.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
My mom don't want me spending all that money on her funeral when the time comes if something was to happen to her. I don't even want to think about that shit and she makes me mad mentioning it. That shit would be tough having to deal with it.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

I have no issue with it.

Go all out!

I mean it's great your wedding was a success and will forever be cherished. So, at least it was worth it even though it was expensive at the time.

But you can't expect everyone to want the same thing.

I just believe we can do more without having to spend a lot of money for a big wedding especially with things being high and people charging way more compared to back then.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I mean it's great your wedding was a success and will forever be cherished. So, at least it was worth it even though it was expensive at the time.

But you can't expect everyone to want the same thing.

I just believe we can do more without having to spend a lot of money for a big wedding especially with things being high and people charging way more compared to back then.

But you didn't understand my point

That is EXACTLY what I've been saying in every post

I ain't gonna criticize either way

As long as you can afford it and it isn't going to hurt you who cares how much you spent?

YOUR point about being smart, responsible and making yourselves happy is what I'm saying too.

The couple in this example though is just foolishness personified

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My mom don't want me spending all that money on her funeral when the time comes if something was to happen to her. I don't even want to think about that shit and she makes me mad mentioning it. That shit would be tough having to deal with it.

That's a seperate thread but i see the connection.

We didn't even know what my mom wanted because she NEVER wanted to talk about death. No planning. And it was a big amount. And to spend that much on a "party"? Trust me bro I get it.

I would tell my kids I'd help on a house or condo etc first. But again I understand it's a big day.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm glad your wedding was dope, but you weren't fleecing people for cash. That's the difference. Those folks were on some "ya'll gonna pay for our extravagant bourgeois wedding" shit.

These aren't serious people

they are jokes.

My wedding the bar had all my uncles ordering black label 6 hours straight. Wait staff just kept bringing out plates. 3 different entrees plus vegan plus kosher and we ain't even Jewish it's for co workers.

And month after our wedding?

There was a family bbq and I told ALL the parents and kids present - okay we did ALL that so NONE of you need to. Save your money. The cycle is broken. We all need to invest and save moving forward.

happily MANY thanked me and listened. Most said f**k that we going even bigger.

I tried.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I understood very clearly what you mean, I just don't believe going all out for a wedding for a day, not even realizing if this marriage is gonna last. To each their own!!

I'm not telling others what they should do with their wedding, some would agree on having a big wedding and some won't. The issue most people having these big weddings can't afford them.

There's nothing wrong with having a wedding that fits your budget that you can afford as long as both are happy because that's all that matters.

Yeah we used to waste money on dumb things but people become wise on making smarter decision as they get older to know what's important and what isnt.

Gawd damn it man

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
But you didn't understand my point

That is EXACTLY what I've been saying in every post

I ain't gonna criticize either way

As long as you can afford it and it isn't going to hurt you who cares how much you spent?

YOUR point about being smart, responsible and making yourselves happy is what I'm saying too.

The couple in this example though is just foolishness personified
Trust I have family who did this of what this couple did but a different way.

That's why I said, I'll never want my family paying to attend anything, if we can't afford it then cool, get something that's affordable.

I also don't mind being in the courtroom and then having a big party at a nice place to eat and drink with the family and dance..

But I'll never judge, but you gotta understand people don't even budget nor plan their wedding, it's like they just find a expensive place and how many people they want and even though the price is high, they still want to have the wedding and then find ways to charge people to help them pay for it which is foul especially what these couples did on the thread that I made about them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

True but that goes with everything bro.

People buy houses and cars that they can't afford too.

your overall point on people especially our people bring more fiscally responsible not succumbing to pressure to show out is not new and sadly is a GENERATIONAL issue and trust extravagant weddings is far from the worst examples of this issue

Don't let this one dumb ass couple represent the majority of weddings

Extravagant weddings like mine were already getting played out. I think post covid there was an understandable resurgence.

I believe for the most part we okay

but I know you reading that like...

giphy.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Trust I have family who did this of what this couple did but a different way.

That's why I said, I'll never want my family paying to attend anything, if we can't afford it then cool, get something that's affordable.

I also don't mind being in the courtroom and then having a big party at a nice place to eat and drink with the family and dance..

But I'll never judge, but you gotta understand people don't even budget nor plan their wedding, it's like they just find a expensive place and how many people they want and even though the price is high, they still want to have the wedding and then find ways to charge people to help them pay for it which is foul especially what these couples did on the thread that I made about them.

Real talk thank the Lord I do not know these type of people

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oh yeah, I got fam who had those big weddings that got a divorce and now won't ever marry again.

But bro big or small that's no guarantee of anything.

Small wedding... a bunch of kids bitter divorce alimony child support end up in a car life ruined

Big wedding amicable divorce no kids no alimony still cool.

That's just life

Wedding price got nothing to do with guaranteed happiness either way.

Again these 2 are horrible people. And instead of seeing how many 'friends" didn't attend because of their foolishness

they wanted clout and internet fame

They were doomed way before they met with a wedding planner.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Yes! Those 60 are the real ones. Those 60 helped a young couple not begin their marriage in supreme debt
If YOUR wedding puts you in debt then you shouldn’t be having a wedding. Justice of the peace is free or at max 100.

On another note. Is the father of the bride expected to pay?

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Who know 350 people in real life though?
That's the issue nobody don't even fuck with you until you have something.

So, why the fuck are you having a big wedding that after it's over they go right back not giving a fuck about you

I don't have a lot of friends, my family isnt big either for the ones who been there for me through it all, while there is a big family but a lot of them I don't even fuck with, so why would I invite them.

Makes no sense having a big wedding when you don't have a lot of friends and family that fuck with you like that but only come around when you have something. FUCK DAT. Also, women's act like they got big family but don't realize she's being used because they only want to attend the wedding even though they don't give ah fuck about you.

No kids would be allowed either, keep them home or don't come..Weddings aren't supposed to be family friendly. I'm gonna have explicit music on and a open bar.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's the issue nobody don't even fuck with you until you have something.

So, why the fuck are you having a big wedding that after it's over they go right back not giving a fuck about you

I don't have a lot of friends, my family isnt big either for the ones who been there for me through it all, while there is a big family but a lot of them I don't even fuck with, so why would I invite them.

Makes no sense having a big wedding when you don't have a lot of friends and family that fuck with you like that but only come around when you have something. FUCK DAT. Also, women's act like they got big family but don't realize she's being used because they only want to attend the wedding even though they don't give ah fuck about you.

No kids would be allowed either, keep them home or don't come..Weddings aren't supposed to be family friendly. I'm gonna have explicit music on and a open bar.

Bruh...

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
You definitely are. People in general only fuck with people that can do something for them which can be totally cool if motherfuckas keep it real. Relationships are based on what each party can do for each other anyway. There is always a trade off but you have people who just want to take and never give.
Im making love to her, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with her that I hope would be a long lasting marriage until death. So, it's not about them, it's about the person you're marrying.

That's why you gotta make the rules and if they don't follow em, access denied.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Im making love to her, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with her that I hope would be a long lasting marriage until death. So, it's not about them, it's about the person you're marrying.

That's why you gotta make the rules and if they don't follow em, access denied.

Post of the damn day