{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
The best thing for the NBA is for the Clippers to win out. Push GS into the play-in. They’ll win and play first round against Memphis……and hopefully get eliminated. It’s what’s best for all.
Sounds like you want no chance of GS meeting your boys and winning again? Only team I see taking them is the Suns and that really depends.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Sounds like you want no chance of GS meeting your boys and winning again?

This is where it all started. Playoffs 2013. 10 years ago. Permanent scarring. Before they took over the league. Golden State must go. They gotta get up outta there. :lol: I hope they lose in the play in gotdamnit

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
The best thing for the NBA is for the Clippers to win out. Push GS into the play-in. They’ll win and play first round against Memphis……and hopefully get eliminated. It’s what’s best for all.
I don’t think the Clippers winning out would have that effect. I’m rooting for them to win out so they get the 5 seed and the Warriors land at 6.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Yes

Yes it should.

What the f*ck is going here?

FtKVnK-WwAcSUAy

It's not as a former Knick fan I'm saying this

I BEEN SAID THIS.

you cannot have legal gambling

And tank games

Cause then it's all rigged.

@4 Dimensional right?

On Sportscenter last night, the announcer claimed they pulled him in the 2nd so he could get a standing ovation.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Zeke ain't gon' let it go no time soon.

“Every time you were hitting him, he was crying” - Isiah Thomas still resents Michael Jordan for wanting to change the rules (msn.com)

Michael Jordan dominated the NBA in the 1990s and revolutionized the way the game was played. But even the arguably greatest player in history was susceptible to harsh fouls and aggressive play from rivals.

Isiah Thomas still harbors resentment toward Jordan since he was known to complain to NBA Commissioner David Stern about the treatment he received on the floor, which ultimately led to the rule change to favor the Bulls’ legend.

“Every time you were hitting him he was crying” Zeke said while mimicking MJ’s whining. “He was going to David Stern’s office, going to the commissioners office, having a meeting about getting hit, getting fouled, like ‘You gotta change the rules’," he continued.

The Detroit Pistons point guard was one of Jordan's most renowned competitors. The Pistons also referred to as the "Bad Boys," were notorious for their violent play and tendency to hurt rivals. On such teams, Thomas was an important player, and his conflicts with His Airness were nothing short of legendary. But because of issues they had when they were still active, their rivalry continued long after they had stopped playing. Zeke has often claimed that the NBA purposely changed the rules to help MJ win.

The Pistons notably employed the "Jordan Rules" in the 1988 Eastern Conference Finals, a defensive plan aimed to limit Jordan's scoring. Jordan was double- and triple-teamed, and he was roughed up anytime he drove to the basket. Jordan was dissatisfied with their methods and complained to Stern about their violent play. He even proposed modifying the regulations to make the game less physically demanding and to safeguard players from injury.

Others didn’t complain

The league and the rules around it have evolved through the years. And, despite the fact that we now find the new rules to be normal and the former style of play to be overly rough, that wasn’t always the case. As Thomas notes, previous stars have also been subjected to a similar level of roughness, and they didn’t complain as much as Jordan did.

“I watched Dr J. get beat up, I watched Magic get beat up, I watched Max get beat up, I watched Bird get beat up, I got beat up, everybody get beat up. But wait a minute, now we got to change the rules cause of him?” he concluded in an interview on the Cedric Maxwell podcast.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Silver ignored the sexual harrassment he BETTER look into this

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THIS I can confidently say aint got NOTHING to do with Kyrie

that place BEEN a sh*t show
it just that white so called sports experts aint ever said sh*t.

Mavs are 9-16 with Kyrie.
Adding him has destroyed the team inside and out.
Kyrie is the definition of a team killer

Now your star wants to leave......This is textbook Kyrie throughout the years.
kyrie-irving.png

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
kyrie-irving.png

I understand if you want to say that but since the Mavs won the chip what have the Dallas front office done WELL?

No one FORCED them to trade for Kyrie in the first place right?

So is THAT his fault too?

Luka being out of shape and complaining to the refs EVERY night?

Has Luka really LIVED up to his potential?

Has the Mavs surrounded him with talent? Has he made the players AROUND him better?

What about Porzingis? Jalen Brunson? firing Carlisle? the picks they gave up to the Knicks in BOTH those trades?

The off the court sexual harassment charges?

Was all that there BEFORE Kyrie?

Just asking.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand if you want to say that but since the Mavs won the chip what have the Dallas front office done WELL?

No one FORCED them to trade for Kyrie in the first place right?

So is THAT his fault too?

Luka being out of shape and complaining to the refs EVERY night?

Has Luka really LIVED up to his potential?

Has the Mavs surrounded him with talent? Has he made the players AROUND him better?

What about Porzingis? Jalen Brunson? firing Carlisle? the picks they gave up to the Knicks in BOTH those trades?

The off the court sexual harassment charges?

Was all that there BEFORE Kyrie?

Just asking.

I agree with you on management throughout the years; But the move to add Kyrie is what every team that picks him up thinks.
Teams on the out don't see his bullshit until he is on the team.....then it is too late.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree with you on management throughout the years; But the move to add Kyrie is what every team that picks him up thinks.
Teams on the out don't see his bullshit until he is on the team.....then it is too late.

you 1000%

but then THAT is on the TEAM

NOT him though.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Kyrie is the definition of a team killer

kyrie-irving.png
Do you know their +/- with him as opposed to Luka?

I bet you don’t… I don’t know how to look that up tbh but as of last week they did great with him in and Luka out but were in the negative with just Luka.

Blaming Kyrie is the easy narrative but the facts suggest otherwise. Their terrible defense is not his fault.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you know their +/- with him as opposed to Luka?

I bet you don’t… I don’t know how to look that up tbh but as of last week they did great with him in and Luka out but were in the negative with just Luka.

Blaming Kyrie is the easy narrative but the facts suggest otherwise. Their terrible defense is not his fault.

Luka's +/- is +128
Kyrie +/- is +96

+/- don't put wins on the table.
Kyrie was brought in to help Luka.
Kyrie has always been a chemistry killer(historically proven)
Mavs are learning quickly why with his talent he can't stay with a team.

Now the Mavs can concentrate on the draft this week....congrats