{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

“Relative to league average” is very important to factor in with today’s inflated stats!

You got 15 guys putting up Wilt and Kobe numbers offensively… Today’s players are better than ever but the pedestrian legendary performances are misleading. LeBron’s scoring is better than some prime LeBron years and that’s more about the game being different than him being better than he was when he was clearly better.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This dude Jason McIntyre is a fucking moron. This idiot said the ABA was only Dr. J and a bunch of plumbers and off-duty cops. :smh:

Uncle Chuck...

There is no intelligent sport talk

It's hot take fake debate constant inane sh*t show.

It says a lot when Cam and Mase talking nba and doing the pause game is more legit than 90% of Fox sports programs

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
@playahaitian posted this but there have been too many posts for me to dig through and quote it:

I thought this was a dumb take. Sticks and stones—To me, ignoring dumb shit is a grown man move; you gotta react in a way that negatively impacts your career or you’re a bitch? No man has that kind of power over me… Gobert is not better off for the way he reacted.

Then I listened to it and I thought it was even worse in context. He added “I guarantee you Kevin Durant wakes up every day wishing he had stole off on Draymond Green… The only reason Draymond did that is because he felt like ’This dude ain’t gon’ hit me.’”

1) I think KD is smarter than that and I thought Bomani was.

2) It’s wild that when you apply the standard Bomani highlighted in that tweet that he indirectly went on ESPN.com and called KD a bitch.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

Draymond >>>

@playahaitian posted this but there have been too many posts for me to dig through and quote it:

I thought this was a dumb take. Sticks and stones—To me, ignoring dumb shit is a grown man move; you gotta react in a way that negatively impacts your career or you’re a bitch? No man has that kind of power over me… Gobert is not better off for the way he reacted.

Then I listened to it and I thought it was even worse in context. He added “I guarantee you Kevin Durant wakes up every day wishing he had stole off on Draymond Green… The only reason Draymond did that is because he felt like ’This dude ain’t gon’ hit me.’”

2) It’s wild that when you apply the standard Bomani highlighted in that tweet that he indirectly went on ESPN.com and called KD a bitch.

Also, Draymond got into the Gobert topic 9 minutes into his podcast and actually did unironically address the altercation. With his history, it’s wild that he says “Quite frankly, there are just some words as men that you just don’t say to men. And if you do choose to say those words, you also have to be ready to deal with whatever comes with that.”

It’s wild because we all know he did that with KD! I think Draymond’s take at least is not as bad as Bomani’s— he didn’t say you prove yourself a bitch by not retaliating— and he goes on to say that retaliating “doesn’t really work, take it from me, I know how that goes.” Which strongly suggests that we have an answer now as to what triggered the Jordan Poole KO!

It is a very interesting listen…

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's weird, after all these years we still don't know how good he is, or ever was, because he never had to do shit that was meaningful. That's pretty rare. He has no memorable moments of putting the team on his back.

It's like he enjoys his season being over a month early from everyone else. More vacation time and time with family before he goes back to work
I guess not everybody has a mamba mentality. But when it's all over he'll still be a millionaire. That's all that matters.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Nigga got my man Nate fired and now he might be out.

It's the organization's fault for allowing Trae to do whatever he want on the court.

what-lebron-james.gif

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree with you, but unfortunately the era of sticks and stones been gone for a long while now. The sensitivity In today's social climate Is off the charts.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, Zion is "not even close" to returning.
Well he said he is physically fine but waiting to feel like Zion. Man this nigga about to Ben Simmons them

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Didn’t know Landry Fields and Kyle Korver are GM’s for Atlanta. It’s cool to see former players team together on some front office shit

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
I’m genuinely surprised right now
I had Miami. Down 20 at the moment.

The thing about the play-in is anything can happen and none of these teams are that good…

I’ve had a feeling Minnesota will upset the Lakers… I have T’wolves 7 and the Lakers 8 in the west; I had Miami 7 and Chicago 8 in the east.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
This Heat team is just awful. Rebuild mode is needed... including the coach.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sports media spent all morning talking about the Celtics vs Miami
and making up 2K Trade scenarios for Trey Young... :smh:

Awww fuck I haven't been watching and didn't know the implications!

I need The Heat to pick up because I don't wanna see the bum ass Hawks get swept!:smh: