{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Michael Jordan is still the greatest of all time—at least according to an anonymous group of NBA players. The Athletic surveyed 108 NBA players, 58.3 percent of whom said Jordan would top their overall rankings. LeBron James was second with 33 percent of the vote, while Kobe Bryant came in third with 6.8 percent.​
What’s more noteworthy is that the gap between His Airness and King James is closing — and is closing fast, fast, fast. When The Athletic polled NBA players four years ago, Jordan won 73.0 percent of the vote, with James a distant second, at 11.9 percent.​
So, what’s changed? James has added to his incredible list of accomplishments, winning his fourth NBA title (with a third team) and passing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the league’s career points leader. No one in league history, with the possible exception of Abdul-Jabbar, has played as well at 38 years old as James played this season.​
But there’s something else at work: New players have entered the league over the last four years, and with their arrival, an increasing proportion of current NBA players grew up watching James when James was the league’s most dominant player.​
As one player who voted for James told us: “I grew up in the 2000s.”​

I want to know who the one dude who voted for Tracy McGrady was.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

I want to know who the one dude who voted for Tracy McGrady was.
Interesting category that I have not seen get press:

You’re building a roster from scratch: Who are you going to sign first?​

104 votes

Giannis-52.4%
Jokic- 8.7%
Doncic- 6.3%
Curry- 5.8%
Embiid- 5.8%
Tatum- 5.8%
LeBron- 3.8%
Remember that whole speech up above about how reputations can change quickly in this league? Well, Giannis has something to say about that. His stature has indeed changed since 2019, when he won this category by receiving 36.4 percent of the vote. But like him, his rep has gotten better.​
He’s not only an all-time great — two MVPs, a Finals MVP, seven All-Star appearances and a Defensive Player of the Year award already at the age of 28 — but he’s on track to be near the tippy-top portion of that list (we had him at No. 24 in January 2022).​
“He looks like he has no signs of slowing down,” a player said. “He’s been dominating the NBA for so long. He’s so serious about his craft and his work ethic. He’s going to be great for at least another eight or nine years. That makes for a good, long run.”​
Speaking of timelines, it’s quite remarkable that LeBron is still inspiring fellow players — in 2023 — to declare him the best building block of them all at the ripe OLD age of 38.​

I guess the four people who voted LeBron were thinking only about winning a title this year. Still an insane pick.

But the main point-- that is a decisive margin for Giannis.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Chuck and Shaq going at Derrick White and Stephen A. :roflmao3:

I keep wondering if Derrick White realizes how he looks especially with that over sized headband trying to hide it

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chuck and Shaq going at Derrick White and Stephen A. :roflmao3:

I keep wondering if Derrick White realizes how he looks especially with that over sized headband trying to hide it
They talking about it on "Get Up". :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

SAS is supposed to have some get back ready for Chuck and Shaq on "First Take" this morning.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Draymond is getting suspended because he's Draymond

That wasn't deserving of a suspension since his leg was held
I agree he was suspended for being Draymond, but dude forgets that are a million cameras looking at him. Also there are SLOW MO REPLAYS!!!

Draymond was grabbed and should've turned that on Sabonis and just fell out!!! Dude is too fuckin' emotional at times!

Dude is always kicking somebody and trying to play it off.

Last edited:

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
He is just an asshole. I don't know how the Warriors have put up with his antics for so long.
They don’t win any of those titles without him. He’s the second most indispensable player on the team. Leader in plus/minus this year, leader in blocks as you might expect but also leader in assists.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Has Dray ever took accountability for his behavior?
No.
When Steph came on his podcast, they talked about him blowing the 73-9 season.

I’ve heard him reiterate that a handful of times.
Thats not taking accountability.. Thats making an excuse for blowing a 3-1 lead. Dray missed one game of 7 and they act like he was suspended the entire postseason.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Granted, I don’t listen to every podcast, read every article, or listen to every soundbites, so I don’t know.

But, he doesn’t come off as the type that says he fucked up. It’s usually what others are doing to him that he justifies his own actions. Regardless if it is at the expense of his team.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
So y’all just going to continue to obsess over Draymond and ignore that bitch ass cracka grabbing him? He didn’t stomp on him like everybody keeps exaggerating about. Sabonis also did the same shit to Klay Thompson so GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE YOU CAC WORSHIPPING FAGGOTS

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
When did you turn into this?
Truth spamming this thread turned me into this. :lol: Think about it, if we were adults in a group convo about this in person and there was one dude that just kept screaming “Fuck the NBA” we’d all think something was wrong with em’.

As far as Draymond, I’m not even close to a fan. Can’t stand dude.

As far as the “Kings in 4” stuff. I like to give you and Truth shit just cuz it’s playoff time

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Draymond gets suspended he definitely won't be a Warrior next year.

He'll be playing for The Antarctica Antelopes, The Belarus Beagles or The Singapore Salamanders!

200w.gif

If Draymond's still lucky enough to play basketball in the states, he might get to play for the Fort Lauderdale Llamas

CreativeLinedFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So y’all just going to continue to obsess over Draymond and ignore that bitch ass cracka grabbing him? He didn’t stomp on him like everybody keeps exaggerating about. Sabonis also did the same shit to Klay Thompson so GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE YOU CAC WORSHIPPING FAGGOTS

We all acknowledged it, the refs also acknowledged it by giving Sabonis a technical.

Sabonis grabbed Draymond's leg which was dirty and not a basketball play.

Draymond stomping on him was extra and I think we all can admit that. I don't think he should've been suspended because Sabonis started it.

Still doesn't excuse Draymond stomping on him though.

I guess the league doesn't agree with stomping on niggas who grab your leg. :dunno:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
I do think the suspension is going too far....

He got suspended because of who he is and I’m perfectly fine with that. It’s a cumulative thing. Draymond needs to stop acting like a bitch. Sabonis has done some dirty shit in both games and he should be next on the chopping block. Fuck em all gotdamnit.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
We all acknowledged it, the refs also acknowledged it by giving Sabonis a technical.

Sabonis grabbed Draymond's leg which was dirty and not a basketball play.

Draymond stomping on him was extra and I think we all can admit that. I don't think he should've been suspended because Sabonis started it.

Still doesn't excuse Draymond stomping on him though.

I guess the league doesn't agree with stomping on niggas who grab your leg. :dunno:
He didn’t stomp on him, was he supposed to stand there like Daniel San in a crane pose? He was held and his leg happened to come down on the idiot holding him. He wasn’t stomping he was trying to get free. If somebody is holding on your leg that’s a natural position. Watch football when niggas are holding a leg it looks like a stomp but it’s just trying to get free. FUCK SABONIS!!!!