{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Embiid the "Global Citizen" chose between 3 different sovereign nations to play for. Black Americans can't relate. :smh:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and it's not about them

It's corporate America period. You being paid millions doesn't absolve you of that. You're still an employee and not a member of the family.

I know that, but I'm talking about common courtesy which apparently isn't so common.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Bro, nobody is going to feel sorry for him or her.

That shit happens every day to people making far less.

How many times have you heard people got laid off on a fucking zoom call during the pandemic?

You shouldn't accept bad things simply because worse things happen.

Y'all so mad at a white woman that you don't think this guy deserves a text, email, phone call or letter in the mail that he's being traded.

It wasn't about her.

You're right.

It's also more about right/wrong than "feeling sorry" for anybody.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all so mad at a white woman that you don't think this guy deserves a text, email, phone call or letter in the mail that he's being traded.

This shit Is nothing new. They did the same thing to Chris Paul. He found out he was traded while doing an interview. These Front office execs don't care. That's why those that are able to get a contract with a no trade clause can at least avoid being blind sided by bullshit.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Correct.

It's the business. Same business allowed him to take off a year to take care of her when she had cancer. Same business allowed him to make hundreds of millions and provide her best medical care and life.

Her making an entitled post about not being entitled and sending it out to poor people is clown shit. Fuck that nigga and his video.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Correct.

It's the business. Same business allowed him to take off a year to take care of her when she had cancer. Same business allowed him to make hundreds of millions and provide her best medical care and life.

Her making an entitled post about not being entitled and sending it out to poor people is clown shit. Fuck that nigga and his video.

"It's the business" = it's the status quo

Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean no aspect of it should be re-examined.

Players sometimes take less to be with a certain team, players develop real ties to communities. Saying "Hey, give me 10 minutes before you call the office and tell Woj, I just want to give my guy a heads up" should be the bare minimum.

And organizations that don't handle transitions with class should be stigmatized. The best recent example being Isaiah Thomas-- players should factor that into joining that organization for decades to come. TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES RIGHT. I assume we're all workers here, right? We should demand nothing less, across the board, regardless of compensation or entitlement. Employers need to do right by their workers.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"It's the business" = it's the status quo

Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean no aspect of it should be re-examined.
No. It does make it "right".. Right being standard operating practice, fair under current conditions AND COMPENSATION, and contractually agreed upon. If we gonna start "re-examining" shit then we also gonna "re-examine" 9 figure compensation contracts for cats who can load manage, play when they want, bitch about working back to back nites, charge paying fans weeks/months worth of their salary and then no show to games... etc..
Players sometimes take less to be with a certain team
And teams sometimes pay more to be with a certain player. stfu.
TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES RIGHT.
Jrue Holiday has made $300 million from the his employers AND COUNTING.. $140 million of it came from the employer you are asking to treat him right. You sound about as removed from reality as that silly white bitch he married. But shes a rich white liberal cancer survivor so her delusion is atleast not surprising.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Correct.

In short, I believe that players should be notified by the organization that they're traded and you don't.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit Is nothing new. They did the same thing to Chris Paul. He found out he was traded while doing an interview. These Front office execs don't care. That's why those that are able to get a contract with a no trade clause can at least avoid being blind sided by bullshit.

You're right it's nothing new. I just feel that the organization should have the decency to inform players that they're being traded and not having them find out the same time as everyone else.

Apparently I'm wrong in my thinking.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WNBA announces Bay Area expansion team to begin play in 2025​

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WNBA announces Bay Area expansion team to begin play in 2025​

The WNBA should reinstate the 3 teams that won Championships that folded....

The WNBA should reinstate and relocate the Monarchs (Sacramento) with their WNBA history , One Championship, and update and Rebrand them as Golden State Monarchs ....

The same for the Dallas Wings should Rebrand as the Texas Comets, reinstate the history (4 Championships) and rep the whole state.....

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Believing that they "should" is fine. But thinking its owed or poor treatment to not is clown shit. And going on social media complaining about it to bunch of people making 40k a year is super clown shit.

I think it's clown shit siding with white ownership on the decency of telling players in a majority Black league that they've been traded.

I think it's clown shit siding with the same ownership that was laws and rules enacted to restrict and punish the same majority Black players from requesting trades.

I know how you feel and you know how I'd feel so I'm guessing we can move on.

122a779109901e0be7801acd8eb32e10.gif

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

The WNBA should reinstate and relocate the Monarchs (Sacramento) with their WNBA history , One Championship, and update and Rebrand them as Golden State Monarchs ....

The same for the Dallas Wings should Rebrand as the Texas Comets, reinstate the history (4 Championships) and rep the whole state.....
Or just bring back the Houston Comets...

There's enough dykes here to support them

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

I forgot the Houston Comets don't exist anymore

Correct.

I forgot he took a year off

They want it both ways. It's sort of crazy to me.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I forgot he took a year off

They want it both ways. It's sort of crazy to me.
Its insane how detached from reality they are.. And then even from a contractual standpoint.. they dont have a fucking leg to stand on!! Its literally the business. They own rights to your services and can trade them at any point! How is this news or shocking?

Bitch need to take that shit to the NBA wife text chain and bitch and moan there.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Good ideas.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think it's clown shit siding with white ownership on the decency of telling players in a majority Black league that they've been traded.

I think it's clown shit siding with the same ownership that was laws and rules enacted to restrict and punish the same majority Black players from requesting trades.

I know how you feel and you know how I'd feel so I'm guessing we can move on.

122a779109901e0be7801acd8eb32e10.gif
No. Clearly you don't know how I feel if you ascribe me to "siding" with anyone you slow ass nigga. Listening and reading comprehension will be the death of you dumb ass niggas. My entire take and stance was directed at the response and communication platform of the tone deaf wife. While also pointing out how she greatly benefited from the system she now bitches and moans about to poor folk.

None of which had a thing to do with ownership you got dam idiot.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. Clearly you don't know how I feel if you ascribe me to "siding" with anyone you slow ass nigga. Listening and reading comprehension will be the death of you dumb ass niggas. My entire take and stance was directed at the response and communication platform of the tone deaf wife. While also pointing out how she greatly benefited from the system she now bitches and moans about to poor folk.

None of which had a thing to do with ownership you got dam idiot.

So it takes three replies before you fag out and show your true bitch nigga tendencies? Duly noted.

Comprehension escaped you because I've stated several times that I was speaking about the courtesy of ownership notifying players that they were being traded. And not about his wife.

But for some reason yo shit for brains ass can't get past her post to understand any aspect of ownership informing players that they were traded. Even though the first paragraph of her post was about her husband, you wanna focus on her.

And then keep talking about poor people in relation to the money Jrue makes.

Maybe you poor muthafuckas should've learned how to dribble and shoot a basketball instead of being mentally slow brain dead bitches stuck on stupid mad at a white woman who spoke about her husband not being notified that he was being traded.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sidebar...

I really dislike on all levels that we live in a society that now people can have a career rehashing the same story over and over again and again.

And not from actually doing the job you claim to love so much. Or for being successful at that job or doing it well.

And notice when SHE is accused of the same freaking thing? Of course SHE WOULD NEVER DO THAT.

But EVERY ONE else definitely would.

Last edited: