{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 NBA Champs Boston Celtics Boston vs Dallas (4-1) {~}

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

@dik cashmere

Thanks fir this

I was trying to tell them

FUCK A DANNY GREEN CUZZO. HE NOT GOING ON FOOD STAMPS. HE GON BE AIGHT.

P34EFP.jpg

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why are they having an in season tournament 5 games into the season, I thought they was going to have it mid season right before all-star break

Most people don't check for the NBA until Christmas. A mid season tournament is useless cause people are already watching by then. An in season tournament put eyes on the NBA before Thanksgiving which I assume is what the NBA wants.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Most people don't check for the NBA until Christmas. A mid season tournament is useless cause people are already watching by then. An in season tournament put eyes on the NBA before Thanksgiving which I assume is what the NBA wants.
The NBA should have a thanksgiving game like the NFL!

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

Yeah….no Tyrese. I don’t think this tournament will last long. Doesn’t sound like $500k is the incentive the league wants it to be

I hope Adam Silver is listening to Tyrese Haliburton and implement that in the in-season tournament because teams that can't make the playoffs would have a chance to make it regardless of the their record.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I'm real surprised folk are so up in arms about this in season tournament.

They decided to start it early cause they felt it would be a good way to juice up the dead time before Christmas.
I really don't understand the push back

It's new it's different it isn't permanent

Sit back watch or don't

Its not effecting the season the in season championship game doesn't count toward the season total its essentially an exhibition.

Good lawd I'm so happy I'm not THAT old.

I didn’t realize it would be this early in the season and the fact that it is not continuous is going to make it herky jerky.

But I also don’t think the league should do nothing to work against the perception that the first 20% of the season is not worth paying attention to.

Me too.

All the games already sold out

The Vegas championship game’s minimum cost tickets were going for well over $200.

Yeah….no Tyrese. I don’t think this tournament will last long. Doesn’t sound like $500k is the incentive the league wants it to be

Thats actually not a bad idea.

I’d be okay with an automatic 10th seed where they are guaranteed a final chance to get in if they win the play-in. A guaranteed playoff spot— top 6– is way too much.

I’d hate to see a veteran team coasting in the playoffs because they were able to come in perfectly healthy and use the last month of the season as training camp due to winning a game in December.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
This is why players need to stop being loyal to these owners taking a pay cut and shit when they would cut or trade them without a second thought.

Get ya money and let the owner's pay out their own pocket when they go pass the luxury tax.
Fuck Josh Harris fa sure. But that bullshit Harden talking is ridiculous

F2t9V4.jpg