{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
To your point:

But as far as defense, running players off the 3 point line seems to be a lost art. Perimeter defense is lacking so these players are going to stay on that perimeter.

"the 'analytics' say 33% from 3 is equal to 50% from two"

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are calling analytics is... just basic math.

Since the example was the Rockets shooting 15/43, let's round up to looking at 45 shots, for the sake of keeping the math simple.

If they're all two pointers and you shoot 50%, that's 45 points. (44-46 since exactly 50% is impossible on an odd number of shots.)

If they're all three pointers and you shoot 33%, that's 45 points.

That's not shit that "analytics" fans say... It's objectively true-- literal inarguable math.
Ok we will use the video above as an example, that type of stuff happens every game and was happening in that Rockets game, if one of those players went to the basket and they chose the layups they have at least 80% chance of making it (65% if you're in the WNBA) instead of choosing this high percentage shot that will result in 2 points they are instead choosing to shoot 3's that has a success rate of 35% for the majority of players. There's no player not even Steph Curry that has ever shot 3's at a percentage that makes choosing a 3 over a layup the better option

$moneyPit$ said:
Man I've been on this shit for about the last 3 years, Sliver has made the 3 ball the primary focus of the league, through rule changes, the way defense and offense Is played. how many times have we seen open layups and midrange shots passed over for someone camping out at the 3 point line. there ere even coaches that got In front of the TV cameras and stated "we need to shoot 30 to 40 three's per game" or "we need more threes" Shit Is astounding to me. :dunno:

I'm talking about getting right to the basket and then kicking the ball back out for a 3 pointer that player missing it they get an offensive rebound and then kick it out again for another 3, I swear I saw PJ Tucker do that at least 4 times when the Rockets missed all those 3's, you talking about somebody standing up in front of the TV screaming “STOP SHOOTING THREESSSSSSSSS!!!!“...LOL

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Awww fuck you know who Cooper Flag is and you might be a fan! :(

Listen, he's a good player. He's not Caitlin Clark and not a part of the Miami Heat.

When it comes to Cooper, we don't want or need to see 15 years of this

i-show-speed-speed.gif

from you about him.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I've been on this shit for about the last 3 years, Sliver has made the 3 ball the primary focus of the league, through rule changes, the way defense and offense Is played. how many times have we seen open layups and midrange shots passed over for someone camping out at the 3 point line. there ere even coaches that got In front of the TV cameras and stated "we need to shoot 30 to 40 three's per game" or "we need more threes" Shit Is astounding to me. :dunno:
I agree, the game now is truly hard to watch :smh: