{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Sure redpantyline believes in analytics, that's why the numbers are inaccurate and got these players trying to make 3s and homeruns because the analytics tell them that it's better than making a 2. No wonder these teams with players gonna keep trying to shoot 3s no matter how many times they miss them. :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol...did you even read our comments both of us clearly said it's terrible but the game is trying to tell us it's not
You did say that "They" wanted us to believe, my bad! :roflmao:

You know sometimes I'm overly amped up and ready for

assasin-mode.gif

:roflmao:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor

I've been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's nothing exciting about watching teams pass up layups and midrange shots to jack up 20+ three pointers only hit 7 and saying if they shoot at least 35% then it's a good percentage...smh I don't really blame Steph though because the Warriors relied mostly on TWO players Steph and Klay to be their 3 point threats, it was these other teams that decided in order to beat them FOUR-FIVE players on the court had to shoot the 3

Steph is my favorite player so in no way am I dissing him. But just like Pookie and Bob Ryan has said, it’s the “OTHERS”. They’re not Steph, or Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. They’re just dudes who like to shoot the 3 lol. But the way defense is played, the 3 is probably the “best” play unfortunately.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Steph is my favorite player so in no way am I dissing him. But just like Pookie and Bob Ryan has said, it’s the “OTHERS”. They’re not Steph, or Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. They’re just dudes who like to shoot the 3 lol. But the way defense is played, the 3 is probably the “best” play unfortunately.
Nah it's definitely not the defense because every game I see players get all the way to the basket and then kick it out for a 3; on a 2-3 on 1 fast break one or two of those players most times stop at the 3 point line

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Nah it's definitely not the defense because every game I see players get all the way to the basket and then kick it out for a 3; on a 2-3 on 1 fast break one or two of those players most times stop at the 3 point line

To your point:

But as far as defense, running players off the 3 point line seems to be a lost art. Perimeter defense is lacking so these players are going to stay on that perimeter.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
To your point:

But as far as defense, running players off the 3 point line seems to be a lost art. Perimeter defense is lacking so these players are going to stay on that perimeter.

Like I said I see stuff like that every game I watch. I remember this one from a couple years ago Game 7 with a trip to the NBA Finals the Miami Heat are down by two, Jimmy Butler brings ball up the court with only Al Horford in front of him and pulls up for a 3, it wasn't really the shot that had me shaking my head as much as it was the excuses saying he made the right decision because Horford would probably blocked it , it had been a long game so they would have lost in overtime just saying all kinds of stuff

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Like I said I see stuff like that every game I watch. I remember this one from a couple years ago Game 7 with a trip to the NBA Finals the Miami Heat are down by two, Jimmy Butler brings ball up the court with only Al Horford in front of him and pulls up for a 3, it wasn't really the shot that had me shaking my head as much as it was the excuses saying he made the right decision because Horford would probably blocked it , it had been a long game so they would have lost in overtime just saying all kinds of stuff

Ahem…

And we circle back to…. muthafuckin Curry lol

Curry’s shot selection was clearly worse with both being head scratchers but only one went in.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Ahem…

Curry’s shot selection was clearly worse with both being head scratchers but only one went in.

Did you hear what they said at the end "he ties the 3 point record with his TWELFTH THREE POINTER of the game" if you're hitting 3's like that then you get to take those kinds of shots...lol

Also I remember watching this game with my brothers and we all screaming “YOU GOTTA PICK HIM UP AT HALFCOURT“ ..lol

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Ahem…

He's a 4-time champion, curry can have bad shooting nights. Also, he's older. Still one of the greatest shooters ever.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
No i'm not either, did you read my other comment if a team shoots 35% from 3 it considered a good game from 3 because that's the league average, their reasoning is the "analytics" say 33% from 3 is equal to 50% from two
Right, I hate this analytics shit, if you ask me, I think that shit is the worst and should never existed. It's really inaccurate information how a player is doing shooting those 3s. Because 2s are just as valuable as 3s.
Yesterday the Rockets shot 34.9 percent which was 15 for 43 shooting 3's.

Missing almost 30 threes when you took 43 is not considered good or OK shooting no matter what they told you.

At least not in my opinion but it is to you and jawnswoopity :roflmao:

Lol...did you even read our comments both of us clearly said it's terrible but the game is trying to tell us it's not. When the Rockets missed 27 straight 3 pointers in the playoffs a couple years ago some of these basketball experts and some of the people in these comments tried to say the Rockets are a 3 point shooting team so they had no problem with it because it's live by the 3 die by the 3 :lol: :hithead:

"the 'analytics' say 33% from 3 is equal to 50% from two"

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are calling analytics is... just basic math.

Since the example was the Rockets shooting 15/43, let's round up to looking at 45 shots, for the sake of keeping the math simple.

If they're all two pointers and you shoot 50%, that's 45 points. (44-46 since exactly 50% is impossible on an odd number of shots.)

If they're all three pointers and you shoot 33%, that's 45 points.

That's not shit that "analytics" fans say... It's objectively true-- literal inarguable math.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It’s hard to watch man :smh:

Man I've been on this shit for about the last 3 years, Sliver has made the 3 ball the primary focus of the league, through rule changes, the way defense and offense Is played. how many times have we seen open layups and midrange shots passed over for someone camping out at the 3 point line. there ere even coaches that got In front of the TV cameras and stated "we need to shoot 30 to 40 three's per game" or "we need more threes" Shit Is astounding to me. :dunno: