{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Steph Curry changed the game but not for the better.
I've been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's nothing exciting about watching teams pass up layups and midrange shots to jack up 20+ three pointers only hit 7 and saying if they shoot at least 35% then it's a good percentage...smh I don't really blame Steph though because the Warriors relied mostly on TWO players Steph and Klay to be their 3 point threats, it was these other teams that decided in order to beat them FOUR-FIVE players on the court had to shoot the 3

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Steph ain't ruin shit, bums thinking they can shoot like Steph ruined it.

Everyone can shoot a basketball so they think that they can shoot a 3 and make it. And they can't.

Steph makes his 3's. If these muthafuckas wanna emulate MJ by missing dunks from the free throw line go ahead!

breakfas-cclub-donnell-rawlings.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Everyone can shoot a basketball so they think that they can shoot a 3 and make it. And they can't.

Steph makes his 3's. If these muthafuckas wanna emulate MJ by missing dunks from the free throw line go ahead!

I don't think Steph ruined it

But when I read that comment I immediately thought of Bob Ryan.

But I do think in every sport a player a coach or a system comes around and completely rocks the establishment

Steph Jordan the triangle Steve Walsh Gretzky Air Raid, amoeba, Princeton offense, Mike Martz Rams offensive etc etc all "messed" the game up to an extent.

Sidebar: we as an audience people fan base and society have ALLOWED click bait hot take so called journalism to exist and thrive so real debate is dead.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Oh and Bob old cracker ass came around

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think Steph ruined it

But when I read that comment I immediately thought of Bob Ryan.

But I do think in every sport a player a coach or a system comes around and completely rocks the establishment

Steph Jordan the triangle Steve Walsh Gretzky Air Raid, amoeba, Princeton offense, Mike Martz Rams offensive etc etc all "messed" the game up to an extent.

Sidebar: we as an audience people fan base and society have ALLOWED click bait hot take so called journalism to exist and thrive so real debate is dead.
I do think that people thinking that they can or wanna shoot like Steph ruined the game.

That and the analytics of 3's being more than 2's forcing teams to shoot more 3's ruined it also.

I can't blame Steph, I blame people wanting to be like Steph. And to be honest, watching people make 3's is exciting.

When I play I shoot lots of 3's too! :lol: But it's always been like that.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Fuck the haters, to be able to shoot a ball in a small ass hole 30 feet away is incredible in my book, especially to do it consecutively.
That's the problem only a very small percentage of people are doing it consistently, in no scenario is 35% considered a good percentage but they want us to believe hitting 35% of your 3 pointers is a good thing. Watching Caitlin Clark play this year made it even more clear to me, chick taking 8-12 three pointers a game and only hitting 2 or 3 of them and I'm seeing people saying well the league average is 33% so she's good

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I've been saying this for YEARSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's nothing exciting about watching teams pass up layups and midrange shots to jack up 20+ three pointers only hit 7 and saying if they shoot at least 35% then it's a good percentage...smh I don't really blame Steph though because the Warriors relied mostly on TWO players Steph and Klay to be their 3 point threats, it was these other teams that decided in order to beat them FOUR-FIVE players on the court had to shoot the 3
Get used to it, everybody wants to try to be the warriors with everyone looking to shoot a 3. Big men today don't have to play in the paint anymore, it's either a mid range shot or 3. I miss how players would score and not try to shoots 3s all the time whether that was a layup or midrange shit to get points and the 3 was a bonus shot making it. So, things have definitely changed and you also see hardly no defense in the regular season which is why the score be so high with almost every player out there looking like they're having a 3-point contest. I've come to accept what the NBA has become today.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the problem only a very small percentage of people are doing it consistently, in no scenario is 35% considered a good percentage but they want us to believe hitting 35% of your 3 pointers is a good thing. Watching Caitlin Clark play this year made it even more clear to me, chick taking 8-12 three pointers a game and only hitting 2 or 3 of them and I'm seeing people saying well the league average is 33% so she's good
Ain’t nobody said shooting 2 for 8 or 3 for 12 shooting 3’s is a good or an ok shooting game.

You’re stretching it a bit. Shit 2 for 8 or 4 for 12 is a bad shooting game on 2’s or 3’s.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Ain’t nobody said shooting 2 for 8 or 3 for 12 shooting 3’s is a good or an ok shooting game.

You’re stretching it a bit. Shit 2 for 8 or 4 for 12 is a bad shooting game on 2’s or 3’s.
No i'm not either, did you read my other comment if a team shoots 35% from 3 it considered a good game from 3 because that's the league average, their reasoning is the "analytics" say 33% from 3 is equal to 50% from two

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
No i'm not either, did you read my other comment if a team shoots 35% from 3 it considered a good game from 3 because that's the league average, their reasoning is the "analytics" say 33% from 3 is equal to 50% from two
Right, I hate this analytics shit, if you ask me, I think that shit is the worst and should never existed. It's really inaccurate information how a player is doing shooting those 3s. Because 2s are just as valuable as 3s.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yesterday the Rockets shot 34.9 percent which was 15 for 43 shooting 3's.

Missing almost 30 threes when you took 43 is not considered good or OK shooting no matter what they told you.

At least not in my opinion but it is to you and jawnswoopity :roflmao:

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Yesterday the Rockets shot 34.9 percent which was 15 for 43 shooting 3's.

Missing almost 30 threes when you took 43 is not considered good or OK shooting no matter what they told you.

At least not in my opinion but it is to you and jawnswoopity :roflmao:

Lol...did you even read our comments both of us clearly said it's terrible but the game is trying to tell us it's not. When the Rockets missed 27 straight 3 pointers in the playoffs a couple years ago some of these basketball experts and some of the people in these comments tried to say the Rockets are a 3 point shooting team so they had no problem with it because it's live by the 3 die by the 3 :lol: :hithead:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But @pookie you are correct about the low 33% or whatever it is averages, and teams goals are to shoot better than that thinking it's ok.

It's analytics etc but it's still shitty shooting, at least in my opinion.

This ain't baseball so batting 300 ain't like shooting 30%, at least not to me.