{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was very wrong. A rookie can be better than a vet, it wasn’t a career ranking list.

You’d take Westbrook over Wemby this year?
He was very wrong. A rookie can be better than a vet, it wasn’t a career ranking list.

You’d take Westbrook over Wemby this year?
This nigga has only played in preseason games against scrubs and the fucking summer league. Yeah the talent is there and does looks to be legit but until proven how is he ranked higher than a former MVP?

I get where Kenyan and Gill was coming from IMO!

Why even have rookies on these lists. Plus it’s fucking ESPN. They a joke anyways when it comes to any kind of lists or rankings.

They should tell the public what metrics and criteria’s they are using to rank players. Like they had Luka ranked over Steph and Luka didn’t make the playoffs.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This nigga has only played in preseason games against scrubs and the fucking summer league. Yeah the talent is there and does looks to be legit but until proven how is he ranked higher than a former MVP?

Why even have rookies on these lists. Plus it’s fucking ESPN. They a joke anyways when it comes to any kind of lists or rankings.

They should tell the public what metrics and criteria’s they are using to rank players. Like they had Luka ranked over Steph and Luka didn’t make the playoffs.

The goal is to rank every foreign player over every Black American player. Lower their value then insist foreign players are safer bets. This is the decade after Kobe and MJ stans moved the goal posts for Black American players about winning at all costs. Now the SGAs, Lukas, and Embiids don't have to win at all to be deemed the best. And the whitewashed brands (Kobe, Jumpman) give no push back, still hating on the GOAT to speed up the process. Gen X sold out future generations of Black American players to help the league become more white and international. In 10 years if you arent white, extremely light skinned, mixed race, or from a foreign country you will have no chance to play in the NBA.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad he went to the right team instead of going to a team like Detroit or Charlotte that hasn't developed rookies
Right. You know the NBA wasn’t having that. They were going to send him to a team with a coach that has a track record of developing players.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

It’s not a postseason analysis. It’s a preseason projection. That’s why rookies are on the list. And, yes, David Robinson is a former MVP but you can tell just by looking at preseason that Wemby has more in the tank than some former MVPs. I think that’s obviously true of Westbrook looking at his recent performance and trajectory.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The goal is to rank every foreign player over every Black American player. Lower their value then insist foreign players are safer bets. This is the decade after Kobe and MJ stans moved the goal posts for Black American players about winning at all costs. Now the SGAs, Lukas, and Embiids don't have to win at all to be deemed the best. And the whitewashed brands (Kobe, Jumpman) give no push back, still hating on the GOAT to speed up the process. Gen X sold out future generations of Black American players to help the league become more white and international. In 10 years if you arent white, extremely light skinned, mixed race, or from a foreign country you will have no chance to play in the NBA.
Talk that shit.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s not a postseason analysis. It’s a preseason projection. That’s why rookies are on the list. And, yes, David Robinson is a former MVP but you can tell just by looking at preseason that Wemby has more in the tank than some former MVPs. I think that’s obviously true of Westbrook looking at his recent performance and trajectory.

Yeah but I think the argument Martin and Gill was making is that no one knows what metrics are you using? Where is the data coming from to make these assumptions or are you using an educated guess on how certain players will perform in the season? Are you running sims? Using Vegas data? Minutes being played? Schedule and etc.....

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I fucked up and hit "show ignored content" on that jackass and I see a bunch of bullshit... can't even enjoy a good basketball thread without this crap...

This is one of the guilty parties. A white adjacent Caribbean with a closet full of Air Jordans. He very much wants the NBA to be as whitewashed as he is. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
What crap?

Ignore that Coon. He supposedly has had me on ignore for 5 years but still reads my posts and tries to regulate what I say. He thinks I'm the only one who notices the agenda. Players are starting to speak up and NBA Twitter been clowning "paper bag tests" for at least 2 years now.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I fucked up and hit "show ignored content" on that jackass and I see a bunch of bullshit... can't even enjoy a good basketball thread without this crap...

"Show ignored"?

never-harrypotter.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah man I made a mistake... sometimes that weirdo makes sense and has a solid take but others he may as well be wearing a tin foil hat with some of the shit he spouts...

And this was one of those times I guessed wrong..

I feel you and today I had to add

giphy.gif

he gets moist too quick when replied to and I don't wanna make the mistake of replying :lol:

And if I ain't gonna reply to you, fuck reading yo thoughts and opinions! :roflmao:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Yeah man I made a mistake... sometimes that weirdo makes sense and has a solid take but others he may as well be wearing a tin foil hat with some of the shit he spouts...

And this was one of those times I guessed wrong..

He put me on ignore 5 years ago but still checks for my post. :lol: This coon was mad cuz I said LeBrons 2018 season was better than Harden's and he spazzed out like a bitch. Just another Michael Jordan dick sucker that don't know shit about basketball.

And oh no FAGLINE doesn't read my posts, boo hoo.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Yeah but I think the argument Martin and Gill was making is that no one knows what metrics are you using? Where is the data coming from to make these assumptions or are you using an educated guess on how certain players will perform in the season? Are you running sims? Using Vegas data? Minutes being played? Schedule and etc....

He will be a talent but crowning him over HOFers already is a bit much. There is no bball metric, ESPN put together a crap list and surprise surprise the same 3-4 bozos in this thread glazing a biracial foreign player. What a shock! :lol:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I'm glad he went to the right team instead of going to a team like Detroit or Charlotte that hasn't developed rookies
He would have been fine in Houston or San Antonio, but Fertita drunk ass had that "pray 4 Wemby" twitter post and that along with one of his (wemby) favorite player being Tim Duncan all but stamped his ticket going to the Spurs.

But man, imagine him working with Dream and the rest of the big men they've had along the way... the legacy would have continued and been in good hands with him... oh well... home team can't win em all, and I'm more than happy with our draft picks of Cam Whitmore and Amen Thompson

Last edited:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Scum of the fuckin earth that dude is. :smh:

udidu0.jpg
It's sad bro... you wanna come into a thread and just talk basketball and this weirdo going on about inkosi this, fba that, foreign player agenda, light skin vs dark skin, etc... it's like bro SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY your act is getting old and annoying... go reinvent yourself and be a new troll... this one is washed

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
It's sad bro... you wanna come into a thread and just talk basketball and this weirdo going on about inkosi this, fba that, foreign player agenda, light skin vs dark skin, etc... it's like bro SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY your act is getting old and annoying... go reinvent yourself and be a new troll... this one is washed
You can tell he wasn't loved as a child. I hate that fuckin bastard wit all my heart and soul. If I ever ran into him at Shoprite I'd buss his head wide open with a bottle of Spaghetti Sauce. Francesco Rinaldi would be my choice Then, while he's crying on the ground rolling around writhing in pain I would pick up his shopping cart and slam it on top of him repeatedly. I thought this thing through. I have a found disdain for assholes.

8Lf4di.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah but I think the argument Martin and Gill was making is that no one knows what metrics are you using? Where is the data coming from to make these assumptions or are you using an educated guess on how certain players will perform in the season? Are you running sims? Using Vegas data? Minutes being played? Schedule and etc.....
I’m sure they’ve explained it— I think it’s obviously not totally metrics-driven because of the inclusion of rookies but that’s why humans will always be better analysts than AI (I hope). With Wemby, I’m sure the eye test is a part of it.

I used to really enjoy that stuff— it’s fun seeing who thinks Frederic Weis is the next Wilt, Tyson Chandler will instantly be better than Ben Wallace, etc. And the outlet & reporters reps should rise and fall based on what their prognostications prove they do and don’t know.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
He would have been fine in Houston or San Antonio, but Fertita drunk ass had that "pray 4 Wemby" twitter post and that along with one of his (wemby) favorite player being Tim Duncan all but stamped his ticket going to the Spurs.

But man, imagine him working with Dream and the rest of the big men they've had along the way... the legacy would have continued and been in good hands with him... oh well... home team can't win em all, and I'm more than happy with our draft picks of Cam Whitmore and Amen Thompson
He doesn't want to play in the post, famo. He's a forward, not a center.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He still does that? :confused:

Hey thanks for the info! :roflmao: