{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

This is why the NBA is such a poorly run and covered league. The commish is busy bitching about dunk contest and all-star games while his league adheres to primitive seeding perimeters used when teams flew commercial and valuations were in the mid 7 figures. The entire east and west conference alignment is outdated bullshit.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I been told you he don't watch the games
Neither does the tnt crew

Yeah but you watch and post him so why should he? He can get viewership from you without it. You even were willing to lie and say he's a "LeBron guy" to post him. But somehow manage to never post Nick Wright who actually is a "LeBron guy". :lol:

All NBA fans know Jordan and Kobe fans are liars now. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
And oh yea, I wanna see this little light skin nigga beat LeBron tonight. He needs to drop 40 on his ass to humble these jigaboo nigs thinking "LeFlop" is as good as Mike or Kobe were. It's still Team Light Skin on these BGOL streets. Fuck melanin nigga!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MS_Curry_Stephen_CloseUp.jpg

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
28 teams will be in action tonight, you can't tell me that you're watching all 28 tonight or following all 30 for 82 games. The truth is,you're getting your news from some corporate kiss-ass, talking head on ESPN or Fox, you are not following these teams' local beat writers, who are with the team constantly and in the locker room. Honest it's ok, just admit it.

tekno99

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
28 teams will be in action tonight, you can't tell me that you're watching all 28 tonight or following all 30 for 82 games. The truth is,you're getting your news from some corporate kiss-ass, talking head on ESPN or Fox, you are not following these teams' local beat writers, who are with the team constantly and in the locker room. Honest it's ok, just admit it.

I just watch whichever games are nationally televised

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I hit "Show ignored content" out of curiosity for the first time this month...

And oh yea, I wanna see this little light skin nigga beat LeBron tonight. He needs to drop 40 on his ass to humble these jigaboo nigs thinking "LeFlop" is as good as Mike or Kobe were. It's still Team Light Skin on these BGOL streets. Fuck melanin nigga!! :lol: :lol:

You defend this sad shit @Amajorfucup? This is what you compare to therealjondoe's Miami Heat posts?

Dude needs therapy. Dude got teased about being dark growing up and is still deeply traumatized. If I were rich, I'd pay to get him some help.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I hit "Show ignored content" out of curiosity for the first time this month...

You defend this sad shit @Amajorfucup? This is what you compare to therealjondoe's Miami Heat posts?

Dude needs therapy. Dude got teased about being dark growing up and is still deeply traumatized. If I were rich, I'd pay to get him some help.

Believe it or not, even light skinned people like Shady are embarrassed by the Curry love, because they know its just a fetish for light skin. Same reason wack R&B singers like Tyla and Rihanna get OVERRATED on this board for their looks.

And its not like I lied. White people and light skin Black people be rooting for Curry to beat LeBron to promote whiteness and white passing over Black American excellence. BGOL is no different. Melanin is a sin. :yes:

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
How is this self defense

In a win for Ja Morant, a Tennessee judge ruled Monday that the Memphis Grizzlies superstar fairly acted in self-defense when he punched a teenager at his home in July 2022, according to a court filing obtained by ESPN.

The ruling comes after a December 2023 civil immunity hearing in Memphis, where Morant testified that he "swung first" at Joshua Holloway, then 17, "to protect myself" during an altercation that led to Holloway filing a September 2022 lawsuit accusing Morant of assault.

The altercation came about during a pickup basketball game. Holloway, allegedly frustrated by losing several games, was accused of throwing a one-handed pass at Morant during a check ball situation.

The ball hit Morant in the face, after which Morant said Holloway took a step toward him and that he then stepped forward and punched Holloway.

After that blow, Morant's friend, Davonte Pack, punched Holloway -- an act for which Pack was later arrested for misdemeanor assault. The charge against Pack was later dismissed.

In Monday's filing, Shelby County Circuit Court Judge Carol Chumney ruled Morant "enjoys a presumption of civil immunity" under Tennessee's self-defense immunity statute and that the burden of proof shifts to Holloway and his legal team to prove that Morant didn't act in self-defense.

A trial was scheduled to begin in late April but is expected to be continued to a later date.

"We're disappointed, and we will continue to take the steps necessary to protect and advocate for Joshua," Rebecca Adelman, Holloway's attorney, told ESPN.

Morant's attorneys didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The lawsuit hung over the 24-year-old Morant during a muddled 2023-24 season that began with him serving a 25-game suspension issued by the NBA for conduct deemed detrimental to the league.

That suspension came after a video circulated on social media in May 2023 showing Morant brandishing a firearm. He previously had been suspended eight games in March 2023 after he was on Instagram Live holding up a handgun while at a Denver nightclub.

Morant apologized for both incidents.

After he returned from the 25-game suspension in December 2023, the two-time All-Star and former NBA Rookie of the Year played just nine games -- averaging 25.1 points, 8.1 assists and 5.6 rebounds -- before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury.

Morant's absence, as well as injuries to several other teammates, marred what was once a hopeful season for the Grizzlies, who finished with the second-best record in the Western Conference one season ago.

Entering Tuesday, the Grizzlies were 27-51, the third-worst record in the Western Conference.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Of course nobody is watching all the teams but if you're getting paid millions you should know who is on what team and a little about what's going on with the teams

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Raymond Felton called former UNC Tar Heel teammate Rashad McCants a dickhead and malcontent on that podcast yesterday. Today Rashad is on Gil's Arena with fellow Tar Heel alum Rasheed Wallace. It's almost certain he will address Felton's comments.

Last edited: