{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He definitely contributed, but per the stat posted above this is only the fourth time we've seen numbers like this.

He had some amazing passes.

No attempts is not ideal but I don’t think it hurt the team. The offense was fine, it was turnovers and the Pelicans just being ridiculously hot from 3.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Ring #4 more impressive and discussed more than any of Sidekick Bean's rings or Scottie's rings. 20 years from now people will still remember Kobe dying in 2020 and Bron winning a chip with his old team that year. Iconic. :yes:
lol @ rings with asterisks

NOBODY will celebrate that 1 peat championship or that neighborhood cup.

Didnt byron Scott say something about that???

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
They gave AI a statue and put it outside the practice arena.
Really????
Gotta keep in mind it's easier to control what you do when YOU OWN THE BUILDING. Iverson's statue was put in legends walk in Camden because the Sixers own the building. They can do what they want without permission or negotiations. The Flyers actually own Wells Fargo Center. So any statues have to go through them. A fact many do not know. That can be a contentious ordeal. The clowning of this statue because of it's size comes from dickheads who are misinformed and have no clue. All of the states there are small.

llz0Sz.jpg

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

Look at this soft ass nigga crying @M.H.C. and @shaddyvillethug. :lol:

This little boy was only 34 years old, younger than Steph, KD, Bron, are right now and he knew it was over. He knew he didn't have the heart or drive to get back to an all NBA level. Bean would only play in 107 of a possible 246 games the next 3 seasons RESTING, while leading the league in salary selfishly. He averaged 18.9 points on 36.6% shooting, which won the Lakers 65 games over that span (22 wins a season, rookie Wemby level).

The Lakers couldn't attract free agents because nobody wanted to play with the Black Hole who was washed and refused to play defense. Carlos Boozer and Roy Hibbert were the two biggest names Kobe's team of handlers were able to draw to the Lakers those years. This overrated inefficient shot chucker be having grown men crash out and create alt accounts on the internet just cuz he gone and they can't accept it. His wife already done moved on but they never will.

4 top 75 players lead by Lebron couldn’t make it out the first round.

:lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

GG is only 19 years old. Bron been ballin in the NBA longer than he's been alive. He never saw MJ and was only 6 years old last time Kobe actually won something. These young boys don't care about you lil niggas born in the 60's and 70's. They didn't see you play and didn't gain nothing from ya, so why would they? Having all girls no boys and sucking as a mentor has consequences. Prioritizing a fading shoe line over the next generation has consequences. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

The GOAT also made his 2,410th 3 pointer last night, surpassing Mike (581) and Kobe (1,827) COMBINED (2,408) when it comes to hitting threes. They played 35 combined seasons, this is his 21st. Casuals and haters will still insist they were better shooters despite way less production at a worse percentage. If you ain't willing to lie you not no real Bron hater.

@Amajorfucup

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
The top 3 in the West need to win for the NBA. If they lose, it only adds more fuel to those that feel the regular season seeding is insignificant. Nobody truly believes the Thunder and TWolves will make any noise. Especially since the fucking bottom teams includ Lebron James, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Known killers.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
The top 3 in the West need to win for the NBA. If they lose, it only adds more fuel to those that feel the regular season seeding is insignificant. Nobody truly believes the Thunder and TWolves will make any noise. Especially since the fucking bottom teams includ Lebron James, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. Known killers.

What about the Celtics? They have the best record in the league!

I think you’re wrong regardless because seeding is not the sole summation of the season. The Warriors at 10th have a better record than last year at 6th. The top 3 are 5 games up on the #4 Clippers. That margin doesn’t invalidate the 82 game season. And the #4 Clippers are only 3 games ahead of the top play-in team.

The west is stacked and everyone knows it.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
What about the Celtics? They have the best record in the league!

I think you’re wrong regardless because seeding is not the sole summation of the season. The Warriors at 10th have a better record than last year at 6th. The top 3 are 5 games up on the #4 Clippers. That margin doesn’t invalidate the 82 game season. And the #4 Clippers are only 3 games ahead of the top play-in team.

The west is stacked and everyone knows it.

Not sure what you're getting at but what i'm saying is, If top seeds continue to lose to the lower seeds, what does that mean? Regular season seeding won't be a motivating factor and regular season will never be taken seriously. Especially with the play-in.

Years ago Lebron said, he didn't care what seed his Cavs were. I believe they were a 6th seed and still made the Finals. Regular season didn't mean shit then. Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers came from the Play-In and made a deep run. Regular season, smegular season. 2012-13, your fucking Warriors, as a 6th seed, beat my Nuggets(3 seed). When the Nuggets were up and coming and were a 2nd seed NOBODY believed in them(they ended up losing the Blazers in the 2nd round).Seeding didn't matter then either. This the NBA playoffs, not March Madness. Nobody is talking about Minnesota, OKC and Denver more than they are talking about Warriors, Lakers, Suns and even the Kings for some fucking reason. Sports media isn't even talking about the top 3 as much they talk about the play-in teams. Yes market size and superstardom has something to do with it but also nobody believes that all of the top 3 will all make it out the first round. Gotta prove them wrong

Now switch the top 3 teams with the bottom 3, and I bet none of these experts would think, the Wolves, Thunder or Nuggets would upset a top seeded Warriors, Lakers or Suns. So yes, the top 3 in the West NEED to win to prove that their regular season seeding isn't a fluke.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Not sure what you're getting at but what i'm saying is, If top seeds continue to lose to the lower seeds, what does that mean? Regular season seeding won't be a motivating factor and regular season will never be taken seriously. Especially with the play-in.

Years ago Lebron said, he didn't care what seed his Cavs were. I believe they were a 6th seed and still made the Finals. Regular season didn't mean shit then. Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers came from the Play-In and made a deep run. Regular season, smegular season. 2012-13, your fucking Warriors, as a 6th seed, beat my Nuggets(3 seed). When the Nuggets were up and coming and were a 2nd seed NOBODY believed in them(they ended up losing the Blazers in the 2nd round).Seeding didn't matter then either. This the NBA playoffs, not March Madness. Nobody is talking about Minnesota, OKC and Denver more than they are talking about Warriors, Lakers, Suns and even the Kings for some fucking reason. Sports media isn't even talking about the top 3 as much they talk about the play-in teams. Yes market size and superstardom has something to do with it but also nobody believes that all of the top 3 will all make it out the first round. Gotta prove them wrong

Now switch the top 3 teams with the bottom 3, and I bet none of these experts would think, the Wolves, Thunder or Nuggets would upset a top seeded Warriors, Lakers or Suns. So yes, the top 3 in the West NEED to win to prove that their regular season seeding isn't a fluke.

I thought my point was pretty clear. If the Clippers, only 5 games back of the top three, win the title, it would be silly to say the regular season was a fluke. That’s not a huge difference over 82 games.

You can’t just look at seeds— Games won matter as well. And there has been a lot of parity in the west over the last two years.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
I thought my point was pretty clear. If the Clippers, only 5 games back of the top three, win the title, it would be silly to say the regular season was a fluke. That’s not a huge difference over 82 games.

You can’t just look at seeds— Games won matter as well. And there has been a lot of parity in the west over the last two years.

I understand the games won argument cuz if the top 16 made the playoffs, it would look crazy. But there is a 10+ game difference between first and last in the West. Top seed lose that, regular season becomes a failure(in my Giannis voice).

You're talking about a 4 seed. I'm thinking a 1 seed possibly losing to 9-10th seed, 2 seed possibly losing to an 7th-8th. The top 3 have been head and shoulders above the West the entire season. 2nd round anything goes because the competition typically gets better. I love upsets but the NBA doesn't necessarily thrive with upsets. Again, this isn't March Madness. If we had say, 5 straight years of a play-in team making the NBA Finals, is that a good thing for the regular season? I don't think so.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Come on dawg.we seen Giannis bend his whole leg backwards in the playoffs, then come right back and win the finals. He's fine.
My dude, he got hurt without contact.

Vinny Testaverde, Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Durant and what happened?

Time to worry.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I understand the games won argument cuz if the top 16 made the playoffs, it would look crazy. But there is a 10+ game difference between first and last in the West. Top seed lose that, regular season becomes a failure(in my Giannis voice).

You're talking about a 4 seed. I'm thinking a 1 seed possibly losing to 9-10th seed, 2 seed possibly losing to an 7th-8th. The top 3 have been head and shoulders above the West the entire season. 2nd round anything goes because the competition typically gets better. I love upsets but the NBA doesn't necessarily thrive with upsets. Again, this isn't March Madness. If we had say, 5 straight years of a play-in team making the NBA Finals, is that a good thing for the regular season? I don't think so.
Okay, so you’re just talking about the first round re: the top 3 winning— I don’t think one or two of them losing will send the message you argue it will but that makes more sense.

But re: “The top 3 have been head and shoulders above the West the entire season”— a 5 game margin is not “head and shoulders above.”

I think the play-in has changed the nature of seeding. Everyone wants to be top 6 and seeding has become more important in terms of top 6 vs everyone else. But among those top 6, in a conference with this level of parity, the entire difference comes down to flukes and injuries.

The Kings and Warriors records this year would have them at #4 in last year’s west. The Kings might finish with two less wins and go from #3 to the play-in. The Warriors already have more wins than last year’s #6 seed team. Seeding can be deceptive.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Nigga in here talking to his self. :lol:

Just cuz yo dumbass was using regular season seeding to troll teams that are focused on the playoffs is your issue. It's always been this way. The media just hypes up regular season now that Bron is older and his teams don't get top 4 seeds no more. In the 2010's yall said regular season don't matter. Now all you do is hype seeding and MVP races. :roflmao:

Denver faced a play in team (7th seed) in the WCF and the Finals (8th seed) last year to win the easiest path to a championship ever, I don't think they faced 1 50 win team. A real McNuggets fan wouldn't be crying bout this cuz they know they benefited. Also, if the top 3 seeds choke, that's their fault for prioritizing regular season glory over the offs. Cry louder Kobe dickeater.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Interesting perspective:

On one hand, Wemby is one of one and that is not something that you saw a year ago.

But on the other hand, he’s just the most extreme example.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
If the Chicken McNuggets repeat as champions, Nikola Jokic surpasses Kobe Bryant all time. He will have 3 MVPs and as many Finals MVPs in less than half the time. He will have won them without a single all star teammate, unlike Bean. Add in his standing at 3rd on the all time trip dubs list, it's a no brainer. Dude has simply been more dominant and efficient. Plus he's white and still alive. I see a lot of this next generation being elevated above the players directly before Bron because they lack efficiency which is a staple of the modern NBA. :yes: