{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Listening to a podcaster talk about how “bizarre” it was that Draymond did not attempt a single shot last night.

Made me think back to the speculation about if this pass was a shot, how easily Draymond could have shot it if he wanted to and how much better it was to get the two points by getting his rookie teammate a nice bucket early.

Stats can be so misleading.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Do you think Wemby will be better than Duncan and have a more successful career?

I feel like he’s guaranteed top 5 if he has a healthy 15 year career. Framing it conservatively. (And Duncan is not top 5 in my book.)

That’s a big if but the only grounds on which the conversation is worth having.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
If Wemby has LeBron’s luck with longevity and injuries, there will be no GOAT debate. It won’t be LeBron, it won’t be Kobe, it won’t be MJ, it won’t be Kareem, it won’t be Wilt. Maybe some contrarian will say Russell assuming Wemby wins a single digit number of championships. But there won’t be a GOAT debate like there is now.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

@therealjondoe most of the comments saying D Wade is the weakest link and don't belong in this pic. The days of Wade being able to hide behind Bron slander have unfortunately came to an end bruh. :lol:

3 had a ring WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before lebronze did. And then when bronze tried to do it like wade the same year he got creamed by the softest champions in nba history.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

@therealjondoe most of the comments saying D Wade is the weakest link and don't belong in this pic. The days of Wade being able to hide behind Bron slander have unfortunately came to an end bruh. :lol:

Lmaooooo

Take away lebronze rings that say hot lips on them and his snot bubble ring he has only 1.

Wardell has 2 without KD

KD has NONE without Wardell Jr

It’s only 2 eastern conference players in that pic and neither of them are the worse. (In fact both of them are the only 2 avg more than 40 in a finals)

The obvious answer is the poser hiding in this pic.

The only person who doesn’t have ANY significant Defensive team awards.

Defense wins championships. Not that other bullshit

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel like he’s guaranteed top 5 if he has a healthy 15 year career. Framing it conservatively. (And Duncan is not top 5 in my book.)

That’s a big if but the only grounds on which the conversation is worth having.

honestly, that was a travel......but there refs werent gonna dare call it.
he took 4 steps after the last dribble.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
honestly, that was a travel......but there refs werent gonna dare call it.
he took 4 steps after the last dribble.

That is not what I see…

But that particular play is not exactly key to the 15-20 year projection I’m talking about.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

gif.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
If the play in was back in 2002 and 2003 they woulda made it

And how many times has lebronze missed the playoffs as a laker????????

Or even the 2nd round for that matter

Don’t worry guys. He will be done after the warriors beat them in the play-in.

The Lebron seeds about coach ham and his teammates have begun.

A shooting guard in the 2000's went 2 whole months without attempting a 3 pointer. And Shaddyville Thug thinks he's the GOAT. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
If Wemby has LeBron’s luck with longevity and injuries, there will be no GOAT debate. It won’t be LeBron, it won’t be Kobe, it won’t be MJ, it won’t be Kareem, it won’t be Wilt. Maybe some contrarian will say Russell assuming Wemby wins a single digit number of championships. But there won’t be a GOAT debate like there is now.

So you got Wemby surpassing Wilt, Kareem, and Russell, as the greatest center of all time. Noted.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
5 rings? Best ever at his position?

No.

What do you think is a realistic expectation for his career?

I dont see many players winning a bunch of rings going forward because the league is too competitive and its too much movement now from year to year. I think Wemby WILL win a chip or two, but his body of work is where he can do damage. Especially on the defensive end. That being said, he's gonna have to be able to play big minutes like he said, to really accrue them. I think he can become the all time blocks leader and reach top 10 in rebounds which would be a major accomplishment. He's not seeing 40K points with that frame or playing 20 seasons tho.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What do you think is a realistic expectation for his career?

I dont see many players winning a bunch of rings going forward because the league is too competitive and its too much movement now from year to year. I think Wemby WILL win a chip or two, but his body of work is where he can do damage. Especially on the defensive end. That being said, he's gonna have to be able to play big minutes like he said, to really accrue them. I think he can become the all time blocks leader and reach top 10 in rebounds which would be a major accomplishment. He's not seeing 40K points with that frame or playing 20 seasons tho.
Absolutely agree on bolded part. I dont see anyone winning more than 3 titles as lead dog again in my lifetime (its only been done 3 times and 2 of those players were lifers with one franchise and HOF coaching). Too much movement and no clear cut best generational icon to build around in sight. Wemby looks the part but the odds are stacked against it. And honestly i dont see him playing more than 13 years give or take and hes almost certain to miss significant time at some point with such a unique frame and skillset. Add to that he has an absolutey shit team filled with D league talent, and a coach nearing 80 years of age. It will be 3 years at best before hes title ready so that would give him another 8 seasons or so (based on my 13 year time frame) to win 4 rings. Nearly impossible.

Shit man, i think we are another year away from even knowing what position this nigga gonna really play. Pop is literally using this season as conditioning and to see who the fuck the guy is.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Gotta keep in mind it's easier to control what you do when YOU OWN THE BUILDING. Iverson's statue was put in legends walk in Camden because the Sixers own the building. They can do what they want without permission or negotiations. The Flyers actually own Wells Fargo Center. So any statues have to go through them. A fact many do not know. That can be a contentious ordeal. The clowning of this statue because of it's size comes from dickheads who are misinformed and have no clue. All of the states there are small.
Nah Jack, my issue is that they put Iverson's statue outside of the 'practice' facility.

Practice. Really

It's bad enough that the larger sport media world won't let go of that damn practice rant, but c'mon Philly. We gotta do better.

The man's best friend was on trial for his life and he was getting grilled about missing a practice, so he went off.

It's like 20 years later and people still laughing their ass les off at A.I. & the concept of practice. As if Iverson didn't ever practice. He was just going thru some real shit at moment.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

The wording of the question is your basic trolling social media bullshit. There isn't a worst in that list of players.

I would leave Sun's KD off that squad. All those other player won at least one title in the jersey they're wearing in that pic, except Sun's KD.

Oddly enough, if that was young OKC Durant in that picture, that same logic goes out the windows. Because in that case I'd drop Flash, even though Wade has 3 in that jersey and OKC Durant has 0 :dunno:

Young OKC KD was just different. Title or no title, if you can sign young KD to your squad .... you lock that contract up quick.