{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
This would be cool if you called out clowns like hotnixonwhatshisface and others who literally spam the board with Bron hate all day. KingT does the same shit @therealjondoe does, repost social media content about his particular team/player of interest. Acting like dude is a thread terrorist or FTP is drama queen nonsense.
Isn't there an early bird special or a in the heat of the night marathon you need to be watching??

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The lengths the MJ era gatekeepers go to to discredit this guy is sad. Attempting to usurp his greatness and pass it off to Riley is loathsome. Rileys near 30 year tenure in Miami minus the LeBron years is rife incompetence and failure wit a one year blip of success.

Every time we see him in his downtime, he's sporting the brand. Them Jumpman checks pay well. :yes:

spider705

BGOL Investor
I cant read the thread and reply to posts?
You're not reading the thread tho. If you were you'd have seen my ranting about this so called "heat culture" that @therealjondoe discusses all the time. And to bring up @HotNixon36 while overlooking the fact that he's clearly trolling that goofball is disingenuous. I'm a LeBron fan but if I can piss that dude off by having "light skin non ados LeBron hater" on my tag line I will... because others only do the shit in response to his bullshit. So read all the posts you want but don't sit here acting as if this dude is innocent and don't deserve the shit that he gets.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I cant read the thread and reply to posts?

No you can't. A message board thrives by having 3-4 close minded middle aged people controlling all the convos and gas lighting everyone to dickeat the players they like and to hate and troll the ones they don't. We are all supposed to call MJ the GOAT, hate LeBron, and ooh and ahh over Curry shooting 3s because he's so fair. That will be acceptable.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

I can tell you the fact BGOL completely stops talking about Wemby when he doesn't play well or team loses isn't a good sign for his league face projection. To be a league face, people have to want to talk about EVERYTHING, not just the good times. Now media darling that people root for to beat the league face can get away with that, but if you're gonna be the main athlete people think of when it comes to the sport, you have to be viewed in detail and your story can't be super sanitized.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I can tell you the fact BGOL completely stops talking about Wemby when he doesn't play well or team loses isn't a good sign for his league face projection. To be a league face, people have to want to talk about EVERYTHING, not just the good times. Now media darling that people root for to beat the league face can get away with that, but if you're gonna be the main athlete people think of when it comes to the sport, you have to be viewed in detail and your story can't be super sanitized.

ESPN is always on that bs
We were just in the finals, how many ESPN games do we have?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He did attend the same university as MJ’s ideal growing up, Earl the Pearl. I never noticed this, but you might be on to something.

Stephen A is the typical Gen X'er that worships Jordan Brand because no one from their generation became a transcending athlete and their low self esteem was boosted by sneakers. :lol: He represents the old guard and old way of thinking that becoming a crossover athlete that isn't well paid is success. He hasn't interviewed a player in years and doesn't have access anymore. His job is to hold Mike's nuts so Jordan Brand can continue to eat which means bashing LeBron who is a greater player and more box office at this point. That's literally how he became the highest paid analyst, it damn sure wasn't from covering Mike's bball career. :smh: Mike don't even gotta be relevant today, he's just a mascot for a white shoe corporation that needs promo.

spider705

BGOL Investor
I'm aroused
:rise:
loss_for_words.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

The league wants to move away from dumbed down narratives and teach fans more x's and o's now that a certain someone left basketball. This could be big. It's been downhill since 2016.