{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
When you basically own a town in Long Island, you have to much money to know what to do with it.

200w.gif

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thibs ran these niggas into the fucking ground

It’s what he does

It’s like a car

Wear and tear and then when u hit a bump, everything goes to shit

OG
Hart
Brunson

U can’t drive a car with 3 bad wheels and a donut.

Thibs style of coaching will have players hurt and drained.

When you have 4 major injuries heading into the playoffs..... what do you expect this isn't all on Thibs

Show me any team not up by 15+ with 3 mins left of the 4th, (outside of garbage time) is making sure the bottom of the depth chart is getting playing time after the 70th game of the season?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

85062669-13435323-Lively_s_mother_Kathy_Drysdale_lost_her_decade_long_battle_with_-a-95_1716127341474.jpg

85062765-13435323-The_rookie_center_tallied_a_double_double_off_the_bench_as_the_M-a-94_1716127147585.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Called it.

It's ironic that Brunson's number is 11.

Oakley's talking that "Brunson is the best Knick in 50 years" bitter bitch shit...

But the sports gods still have NY on 11 more years of probation.

No title for at least 11 years... That'll be 50 since they drafted Ewing.

Doubtful but maybe that shitty city will start giving their franchise GOAT the respect he deserves by then.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When you have 4 major injuries heading into the playoffs..... what do you expect this isn't all on Thibs

Show me any team not up by 15+ with 3 mins left of the 4th, (outside of garbage time) is making sure the bottom of the depth chart is getting playing time after the 70th game of the season?
most people don’t remember the bulls had Jimmy butler when d rose was there.. thibs didn’t play him or didn’t know how to use him so he basically had a 8-9 man rotation even though he had other nice dudes on the squad.. we was up in the playoffs and it was no reason he should had d rose still in the game but he did and that’s when he had that career altering injury.. Noah got injured and he still had that nig on the floor with literally one foot.. rip sat more than he played due to injury, and deng almost died with him getting overused and having something wrong with him internally.. us bulls fan hate that man with a passion.. he is gonna destroy the Knicks

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thibodeau is known for running his players into the ground guess that shit caught up with them. Looks like Obi Toppin will get the last laugh at Thibbs.

Yes he's definitely known to run his players in the ground but is this one of the instances?

Did Brunson dribble and shoot too much causing that broken hand?

Hart caught a shot to the midsection and now he's injured.

Julius injured his shoulder on a fall that required surgery.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
most people don’t remember the bulls had Jimmy butler when d rose was there.. thibs didn’t play him or didn’t know how to use him so he basically had a 8-9 man rotation even though he had other nice dudes on the squad.. we was up in the playoffs and it was no reason he should had d rose still in the game but he did and that’s when he had that career altering injury.. Noah got injured and he still had that nig on the floor with literally one foot.. rip sat more than he played due to injury, and deng almost died with him getting overused and having something wrong with him internally.. us bulls fan hate that man with a passion.. he is gonna destroy the Knicks

You know, I didn't follow thibs or that squad....
(Fuck Joakim Noah 4eva!).... but I'm willing to concede on this one.....

I'll just say this...... the Knicks don't have a TJ McConnell to come off the bench, stir shit up and get in the dirt.....not sure y'all ever had a dude like that this season.....but I do know at least 4 of the what 5/6 injuries you guys did have were key players.....

And again I'm not following the Knicks or Thibs, so I am willing to concede if those injuries were his fault. But with those injuries your playoff rotation is more limited.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jason Bateman is making Teen Wolf 3?
Him and Michael j fox teaming up for the first time for one more installment.. both of them will play for the Knicks and wolf out.. for the first time ever they will lose at the end when they decide not to wolf out for the last showdown

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You know, I didn't follow thibs or that squad....
(Fuck Joakim Noah 4eva!).... but I'm willing to concede on this one.....

I'll just say this...... the Knicks don't have a TJ McConnell to come off the bench, stir shit up and get in the dirt.....not sure y'all ever had a dude like that this season.....but I do know at least 4 of the what 5/6 injuries you guys did have were key players.....

And again I'm not following the Knicks or Thibs, so I am willing to concede if those injuries were his fault. But with those injuries your playoff rotation is more limited.
next yr Thibs gonna Thibs and the Knicks will collapse. They plan on giving him an extension to.. he’s gonna destroy that franchise

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Lemme help you out...

Not everyone loses in the playoffs because of a "season-ending injury" to their main player(s).
Some teams just lose....... And go home. :yes:

But Thibbs always loses his superstar players... and everyone says... "It's not Thibbs' fault, he had to deal with too many injuries". :dunno:

Once again, Thibbs lives up to his terrible reputation of "wearing players out" with the Bulls, the Timberwolves..... and now the Knicks. :hmm:

2011-12 Bulls:
- Derrick Rose tears ACL in Game 1 of the Playoffs against the Sixers.
- Bulls get eliminated by the Sixers 4-2.

2017-18 Timberwolves:
- Jimmy Butler has season-ending knee injury with 6 games left in the regular season.
- The Wolves get beat by the Rockets (4-1) in the 1st round of the Playoffs.

2023-24 Knicks:
- Jalen Brunson suffers season-ending fractured hand during Game 7 against the Pacers
- Knicks get eliminated 4-3 in the 2nd round of the Playoffs.

Yes, it is all on Thibbs.
This is a PATTERN with him. :hmm:

Because he doesn't play his bench enough during the regular season... so by the time the playoffs come around.... the main guys ALWAYS get badly injured and the benchwarmers cannot help out because they haven't had any significant playing time in Weeks, or Months.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lemme help you out...

Not everyone loses in the playoffs because of a "season-ending injury" to their main player(s).
Some teams just lose....... And go home. :yes:

But Thibbs always loses his superstar players... and everyone says... "It's not Thibbs' fault, he had to deal with too many injuries". :dunno:

Once again, Thibbs lives up to his terrible reputation of "wearing players out" with the Bulls, the Timberwolves..... and now the Knicks. :hmm:

2011-12 Bulls:
- Derrick Rose tears ACL in Game 1 of the Playoffs against the Sixers.
- Bulls get eliminated by the Sixers 4-2.

2017-18 Timberwolves:
- Jimmy Butler has season-ending knee injury with 6 games left in the regular season.
- The Wolves get beat by the Rockets (4-1) in the 1st round of the Playoffs.

2023-24 Knicks:
- Jalen Brunson suffers season-ending fractured hand during Game 7 against the Pacers
- Knicks get eliminated 4-3 in the 2nd round of the Playoffs.

Yes, it is all on Thibbs.
This is a PATTERN with him. :hmm:

Because he doesn't play his bench enough during the regular season... so by the time the playoffs come around.... the main guys ALWAYS get badly injured and the benchwarmers cannot help out because they haven't had any significant playing time in Weeks, or Months.
D rose never 4get we was up by 12 points with 74 secs left in the game.. why the fuck was he still in the game.. I remember yelling at the tv screen with like 90 secs left(I think we was up by 14) why does Thibs still have him playing? Sit him down.. less than 16 secs later the end of bulls greatness happened smh

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man Thibs done ruined careers doing this. I mean bett9ing purposes I like him playing them all game but that's not good for them dudes. Randle plays all game...hurt. Hart plays all game...hurt. OG...hurt....He running them boys into the ground.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
D rose never 4get we was up by 12 points with 74 secs left in the game.. why the fuck was he still in the game.. I remember yelling at the tv screen with like 90 secs left(I think we was up by 14) why does Thibs still have him playing? Sit him down.. less than 16 secs later the end of bulls greatness happened smh

I gotta disagree with you on that. 12 points with over a minute left is not a large enough gap to sit your star players. I've seen Reggie Miller drop 8pts in 9 seconds.