{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Colorado is beautiful, go outside.

BGOL may be clowning but the world is not.

I’m in Orlando and it’s definitely beautiful but I’m not speaking on just BGOL. I’m speaking on a lot of sources and I’m not just talking about the Nuggets. I’m talking Bucks, Lakers, Raptors etc. They all got clowned for not making it back.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I remember that year…..

fnl-nba-jumbo.jpg

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was the last playoff series he ever won. His linsanity run was even shorter than Jokic's. Stole money for the next 8 years, now never gets mentioned. Another underachieving big man of the 2000's decade. What a waste.
You could never block his shot because he shot it behind his head, kind of like Larry Bird. Dirk, you can talk about top power forwards and top players of all time at that position. He was right up there with [Charles] Barkley, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kevin McHale, and those guys.

-Lebron James

:lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You could never block his shot because he shot it behind his head, kind of like Larry Bird. Dirk, you can talk about top power forwards and top players of all time at that position. He was right up there with [Charles] Barkley, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kevin McHale, and those guys.

-Lebron James

:lol:

That nigga is just talking bruh. :lol: He panders and doesn't hate on players. Dirk played 21 seasons, went to 2 Finals. Choked away one, and won the other. He ain't at the top of no all time lists and choked in the first round the one year he was MVP. The owner that drafted him already says Luka is better. He's an underachiever living off beating Bron in the last series he won. He literally never gets mentioned for anything else.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That nigga is just talking bruh. :lol: He panders and doesn't hate on players. Dirk played 21 seasons, went to 2 Finals. Choked away one, and won the other. He ain't at the top of no all time lists and choked in the first round the one year he was MVP. The owner that drafted him already says Luka is better. He's an underachiever living off beating Bron in the last series he won. He literally never gets mentioned for anything else.
Talk to Lebron about it…..take it up with him them his words :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Talk to Lebron about it…..take it up with him them his words :lol:

Take it up with Cuban, a ringless Luka already better than the dude with all them first round exits. Does Dirk even have a scoring title? :smh:

How do you play 21 years but only 1 of your playoff series is remembered? It's simple. You underachieved and weren't better than any of the premier bigs of the era. :ssshhh:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Absolutely.

I'm keeping it consistent because when it was shitty MFS on the squad while Steph was excellent wasn't all this well he did his best for Steph

The 2nd Steph had a #2 who could get his own shot and do something suddenly that #2 was the reason and not Steph
These aren't things I wanted to be arguing against this is what the stuff evolved too once the posts kept moving

Murray kcp and Gordon were ass cheeks
And joker should have found a way on a night ant man was 6/24

When you are in the echelon they are putting him in those are the rules have been the rules continues to be the rules
We ain't taking it light on jokic
Wardell made IGGY get finals mvp?

And slow your role

It’s Wardell (finals mvp) compared to Joker (finals mvp)

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Take it up with Cuban, a ringless Luka already better than the dude with all them first round exits. Does Dirk even have a scoring title? :smh:

How do you play 21 years but only 1 of your playoff series is remembered? It's simple. You underachieved and weren't better than any of the premier bigs of the era. :ssshhh:

YOU ASKING THE WRONG PERSON.......Lebron the one said he one of the best not me or Cuban or Luka. :lol: Take that shit up with LeBron. :lol:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
You can wait for whatever you like.

Three starters on the Knicks didn't finish the game yesterday so for the Pacers to beat on their chests on how they won a game 7 in New York was weird.

But maybe it just me and I'll accept that.

If three starts are injured you're supposed to win.

Fluke championship is not a fan narrative, I watch the games and I know what happened. There will be no asterisk on their championship in the record books but those who watched will know what happened.

In the end it doesn't matter but the facts are still known. If you choose not to acknowledge or understand them that's on you.
We gonna forgot about all those backup guards Wardell went up against for they finals runs?

Shit was cakewalks and even in the finals

Matthew delladova was a fucking 2nd option in the finals

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Fluke championship is an opinion and a bad one at that, it's not backed by facts or any consistent metric only opinion based on the individual claiming the fluke, it basically argues that unless all contending teams are healthy then that years champions are illegitimate, that's stupid.

It wasn't a fluke that the Knicks were injured, they made the choice to run their starters into the ground to make it as far as they did, nobody slipped on a banana peel thrown on the court, that would be a fluke, What that was is a strategy that backfired.

And im I'll still be waiting for you to name the year where every single competitive team had every player available and nothing out of their control went wrong. Because according to you that's the only way to win a legitimate championship and that makes no sense.

Ultimately like you said, there will be no asterisk, most people will forget about any bullshit narrative in a few years for the next bullshit narrative and your personal opinion means less than nothing when it comes to how championships will be remembered. :cheers:
There are definitely pop up championships or one and dones

2007 spurs wouldn’t beat any other finals team who won a championship.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
YOU ASKING THE WRONG PERSON.......Lebron the one said he one of the best not me or Cuban or Luka. :lol: Take that shit up with LeBron. :lol:

I posted a video with a date. You posted a quote with no source or date and a bunch of emojis. Bron haters being habitual liars helps the brand, it doesn't hurt it CAC. :ssshhh:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Warriors faced Nuggets without Murray and MPJ, Memphis without their best player, and a weak Dallas Mavs to get there.

Celtics faced a Bucks team without their 2nd best player and an injured Heat team in the ECF.

And yes there are people who consider the 2022 Dubs championship a fluke like all the others since 2016. Team championships just don't hold the importance they once did for individual players. This year's Finals MVP won't be the face of the league next year, for example.

Casual fans debate "rings", basketball fans talk strategy and analytics. We know most of you dumbasses are casuals cuz you never go past Michael Jordan's lazy ring narratives.
4-6 be eating you alive huh

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
4-6 be eating you alive huh

Hell naw. All time scoring king and chips on every squad including Kobe's Lakers after he died, has me sleeping good nightly. Plus this dude still playing?!!? :lol:

I can't imagine having to suck dudes dicks 20+ and 8+ years after they retired like you dudes do. It's gotta be miserable. Bron gon be playing in the Olympics in a month. Mike and Kobe will never be on a bball court ever again. You never gonna see that fam. There's a finality to that that's gotta suck for you.