{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Melo was a glorified chucker, ballstop, and loser. The romanticizing some of his peers do with his game is overdone. By no metric is he better or a more complete scorer than KD.. There is nothing tangible to support that.

He explained his reasoning. KD don't really got no post-game. And ironically KD still has less career points than Melo. :lol:

KD is by far the better player I don't think he was disputing that, just saying Melo could score on all 5 levels, KD never displayed that. More of an iso guy facing the basket.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Melo was a glorified chucker, ballstop, and loser. The romanticizing some of his peers do with his game is overdone. By no metric is he better or a more complete scorer than KD.. There is nothing tangible to support that.

Second time this week you've called a Knick great a loser!

(Though Melo obviously is not in the same league as Ewing.)

What defines an NBA loser? Is every individual who did not carry a team to a championship a loser? Are role players on title teams winners while some MVPs or players who carried teams to the finals are losers? Define your terminology since you insist on this form of disparagement.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Francesco is the best you've had?
No but it's a thick enough glass to send dat pussy to the emergency room hitting him upside the head wit it. :yes:

rCGhqD.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I think her kid is sick or something, and bottle girls don't have the best insurance... so she hustling to keep them bills to a minimum...

Plus my girl I'm with now is a nurse and ifbb pro bikini competitor... 6 figure salary, no kids, and free insurance for life for everyone in her household... shit saves me over $400 a month... that chic is for recreational use whereas my chic is wife material
I hear ya Spider. Makes sense.

THL6B2.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He explained his reasoning. KD don't really got no post-game. And ironically KD still has less career points than Melo. :lol:

KD is by far the better player I don't think he was disputing that, just saying Melo could score on all 5 levels, KD never displayed that. More of an iso guy facing the basket.

I think the flaw in his argument is that more well-rounded does not necessarily mean better. If I'm in the 99th percentile in three categories and only do the things I have mastered, someone who is 80-95 across the board could check boxes I don't but fail to match my production.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Second time this week you've called a Knick great a loser!
Melo was a knicks great? :lol:
KD missed two seasons of play and also joined up with a dynasty when he was on year 4 of winning 4th straight scoring title.

Also, Melo literally got run out of the league (while younger than KD is today) because his style of play was so archaic and inefficient..
What defines an NBA loser?
Calling him a Knicks great makes YOU (and knicks fans who agree) losers. As you him, hes a loser personified.. A check chasing bum. Guy bailed on Bron nem in the South Beach takeover to cash checks in trash ass NYC. Bron went to 4 finals and won 2. Melo won 30 games a year in NY and was ran out of the league at 34. #LoserShit

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Melo was a knicks great? :lol:

KD missed two seasons of play and also joined up with a dynasty when he was on year 4 of winning 4th straight scoring title.

Also, Melo literally got run out of the league (while younger than KD is today) because his style of play was so archaic and inefficient..

Calling him a Knicks great makes YOU (and knicks fans who agree) losers. As you him, hes a loser personified.. A check chasing bum. Guy bailed on Bron nem in the South Beach takeover to cash checks in trash ass NYC. Bron went to 4 finals and won 2. Melo won 30 games a year in NY and was ran out of the league at 34. #LoserShit

And Patrick Ewing was the #3 scorer of the 90s and led his team to the finals 20% of the time with no real all-star teammates, yet you use the same word to describe him.

So can you define your slur or do you retract your ridiculous Ewing slander?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
And Patrick Ewing was the #3 scorer of the 90s and led his team to the finals 20% of the time with no real all-star teammates, yet you use the same word to describe him.

Hakeem had all star teammates before Drexler and Barkley?

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

Oakley, Jackson and Starks all made all star appearances with Ewing

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Lots of star players don't play defense unless they feel like it... you're not gonna find too many kobe bean's out there

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Oakley, Jackson and Starks all made all star appearances with Ewing
I said "real all-star teammates"-- Oakley and Starks each made one all-star appearance in 94-- that was because of how well the team did that year, they weren't real all-stars.

Jackson's all-star appearance was in 89 and my post was specifically about the 90s.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don’t get it. Why couldn’t Rockets just release dude

I'm sure it has to do with salary cap and money somehow

OKC has cap space and I don't think Houston has much after Van Fleet and Brooks. They can more easily absorb his contract.

But OKC has 150 draft picks over the next 5 years :dunno: I can see them going for Embiid, Giannis or someone for a rental.