That Tatum dad. Nigga looks just like him lol
redfoxx-harlemnights.gif

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
He was never around as a father.
But he was around as his coach only.
Bullshit, dude was in his son's life

Tatum was exposed to basketball early as he often attended his father’s college games and played with the ball, even as a toddler, the Boston Globe wrote. After college, Justin Tatum pursued a career in the Netherlands, meaning that Tatum didn’t see his father very often when he was younger.

Cole-Barnes told ESPN that her son always knew his dad and Justin Tatum was in his son’s life but the two never lived together and Tatum was around 8 years old when his dad returned from overseas.

Justin Tatum began coaching varsity basketball at Soldan High and the Globe reported that the future NBA star joined their practices at the age of nine onward. “By the time he was 12, he was giving my players problems,” Justin Tatum shared. In fact, he became his son’s coach and Tatum revealed that he was very hard on him.

During a candid interview on “In Depth With Graham Bensinger,” Tatum shared that having his father as a coach put a “strain” on their father-son relationship and their entire connection was based on basketball. He recalled his father yelling and swearing at him during matches and he’d push him up against the lockers as the young boy bawled. “I felt like he didn’t like me as a kid because he was so mean to me,” Tatum said. “Of course he did, but as a kid, I couldn’t separate coach and dad.”

Tatum and his father have a great relationship now and the NBA star has credited his father for pushing him to become the player he is now.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bullshit, dude was in his son's life

Tatum was exposed to basketball early as he often attended his father’s college games and played with the ball, even as a toddler, the Boston Globe wrote. After college, Justin Tatum pursued a career in the Netherlands, meaning that Tatum didn’t see his father very often when he was younger.

Cole-Barnes told ESPN that her son always knew his dad and Justin Tatum was in his son’s life but the two never lived together and Tatum was around 8 years old when his dad returned from overseas.

Justin Tatum began coaching varsity basketball at Soldan High and the Globe reported that the future NBA star joined their practices at the age of nine onward. “By the time he was 12, he was giving my players problems,” Justin Tatum shared. In fact, he became his son’s coach and Tatum revealed that he was very hard on him.

During a candid interview on “In Depth With Graham Bensinger,” Tatum shared that having his father as a coach put a “strain” on their father-son relationship and their entire connection was based on basketball. He recalled his father yelling and swearing at him during matches and he’d push him up against the lockers as the young boy bawled. “I felt like he didn’t like me as a kid because he was so mean to me,” Tatum said. “Of course he did, but as a kid, I couldn’t separate coach and dad.”

Tatum and his father have a great relationship now and the NBA star has credited his father for pushing him to become the player he is now.
ask you are not a celtics fan I would not expect you to know.

as you just posted everything I just said. he was not a father. he was a coach.
everything you posted talks about coaching.

he was not in the household....IE father

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
ask you are not a celtics fan I would not expect you to know.

as you just posted everything I just said. he was not a father. he was a coach.
everything you posted talks about coaching.

he was not in the household....IE father
Come on now you think he wasn't there for Christmas, Birthdays, or took Jason to the movies? Or do you think he just show up to Train Jason for an hour and then tell him "Peace out nigga" ?

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Come on now you think he wasn't there for Christmas, Birthdays, or took Jason to the movies? Or do you think he just show up to Train Jason for an hour and then tell him "Peace out nigga" ?
pretty much exactly what you said. Birthdays, Christmas.
But for coaching he was a great coach, but he was too young to be a father to tatum.
So he wanted no part of that day to day stuff.

the Lou is a tough place. so at least he kept Tatum off the streets as a coach

That is why you never see lil duece without Tatum...he said he will never be that way with his kids

BGOL hates seeing Lil Duece everywhere Tatum is but that is the feeling you get when you never had a father.
and lil duece does not have a mother in his life
jayson-tatum-on-his-mom-sending-him-to-school-without-girls-my-mom-put-me-in-a-private-school-it-was-an-all-boys-school-i-had-my-son-when-i-was-19-if-i-would-have-went-to-a-public-school-he-mightve-be.jpg

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Former NBA players Bonzi Wells and Rasheed Wallace, who have firsthand experience playing against Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron, responded to the ridiculous statement made by @jj_redick regarding the "watered down" nature of Jordan's era.

Bonzi Wells made a great counterpoint by highlighting that the players on those new teams were actually part of an expansion draft and were already established in the league. However, Bonzi astutely recognized JJ's underlying motive in his exaggerated take was to diminish Michael Jordan's greatness and elevate LeBron James. Bonzi succinctly addressed this by stating,

“ [] … , 6’9” 250 ’ .” Later saying, “ [ ] , .”

I generally agree with Bonzi's perspective. As someone who has guarded all three players, I believe we should take his view seriously. While Kobe and Jordan certainly had physical advantages compared to the average NBA player, it's undeniable that LeBron possesses a unique blend of strength, size, athleticism, and mobility that gives him a SIGNIFICANT nightly advantage. It's evident to those familiar with the game that LeBron relies HEAVILY on his physical attributes to score and create plays, more so than Kobe and Jordan ever did. Many NBA fans, myself included, appreciate Kobe's and Jordan's style of play more because they relied on skill and footwork to DOMINATE, making their gameplay more aesthetically pleasing to watch.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Seems life after the NBA has been good for Tony Parker, dude was hanging with the Prince of Monaco during the Formula 1 race.