{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Sabonis just got all NBA over bam and nobody here said shit.
Bam was an all star and first team all defense
Sabonis was neither

Sabonis also had noteworthy accomplishments that Bam didn't have.

He led the league in rebounds, was the only player in the league to average double digit defensive rebounds, became one of five players in NBA history to have 25 triple doubles in a season, and had the most consecutive double-doubles since 1976 all while playing in a tougher conference.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sabonis also had noteworthy accomplishments that Bam didn't have.

He led the league in rebounds, was the only player in the league to average double digit defensive rebounds, became one of five players in NBA history to have 25 triple doubles in a season, and had the most consecutive double-doubles since 1976 all while playing in a tougher conference.
And he's a turnstile on defense

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

I wonder at what point this was— seems like a terrible idea.

I looked to see when Iverson left Philly and I did not remember him playing for the Pistons!

It seems that was the end of their run, too…

In the playoffs, the Pistons were swept by the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games in the first round.

During the season, the Pistons traded Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Allen Iverson. McDyess was waived by the Nuggets and was re-signed by the Pistons. It was their first losing season since 2000–01, and the first time they didn't reach the Eastern Conference finals since 2001–02. :eek2:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

NBA Nears $76 Billion TV Deal, a Defining Moment for Media and Sports​

Advanced talks with NBC, Amazon and ESPN spotlight the staggering value of sports rights and could portend industry changes​

June 5, 2024 at 8:37 am
im-966999

The National Basketball Association entered its first TV negotiations in a decade with a problem: Its main business partners seemed to be on shaky footing.

TNT parent Warner Bros. Discovery WBD-1.08% was saddled with more than $40 billion in debt, while ESPN parent Disney DIS 0.54%was battling a Wall Street activist over its slumping stock. Each company was reluctant to pony up the full premium the league wanted. But the NBA had quietly laid the groundwork with two other potential partners, Amazon AMZN0.56% and NBC, who pounced as soon as they got the chance.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Interesting looking at DC ticket prices for Mystics games against the Chicago Sky tomorrow as opposed to the Indiana Fever the next day.

Only resell market tickets available for the Fever... The lowest price tickets appear the same at first until you realize they opened up the upper deck for the Indiana game so you're comparing different levels. The Fever tickets are about the price of a Wizards game vs a marquee team like the Warriors.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Kobe nut huggers and casual idol worshippers are saying shit about him they never said while he was above ground.

There was ZERO goat talk while Lebron has gotten goat talk before he even won a ring.

This was the consensus before he died.

It's wild how confident some people are in their ignorance.

Shaq said it. Mark Jackson said it. I remember them specifically but many people said he was in that conversation or he was flat-out that.

Here's me saying it in 2007:

More Kobe GOAT talk in 2010:

Are you man enough to admit you had ZERO credibility behind your words?

The answer to that final question was no…

Footage backing up my assertion: