{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
This clown is on some “I made that bitch famous” shit.

I really think this is SAS at his most unlikeable. Good people don’t throw their supposed goodness in people’s face, especially not to distract from the merits of an argument.

FYI: I was doing First Take before it was even called that (it was originally called Cold Pizza) and BEFORE Stephen A Smith was a regular and then a permanent co-host of the show. Now, when SAS had his show, Quite Frankly, he had me on twice, I believe. It was a huge opportunity — one he did not have to extend. I’m just not sure what that has to do with the topic, but hey, it ain’t my debate!

But this idea of “making” people is … odd.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really think this is SAS at his most unlikeable. Good people don’t throw their supposed goodness in people’s face, especially not to distract from the merits of an argument.

FYI: I was doing First Take before it was even called that (it was originally called Cold Pizza) and BEFORE Stephen A Smith was a regular and then a permanent co-host of the show. Now, when SAS had his show, Quite Frankly, he had me on twice, I believe. It was a huge opportunity — one he did not have to extend. I’m just not sure what that has to do with the topic, but hey, it ain’t my debate!

But this idea of “making” people is … odd.

Jemele is about as insufferable as you.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
This clown is on some “I made that bitch famous” shit.

This is totally uncalled for as a response to, as it says on the screen in his own graphic, “you could have been (talking WNBA) 3 years ago”

For the slow folks:

All of ya'll embarrassing yourselves.

It's like math and business is too hard for ya'll to understand.

What show had and has more WNBA?

Name the show.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
All of ya'll embarrassing yourselves.

It's like math and business is too hard for ya'll to understand.

What show had and has more WNBA?

Name the show.

How often did they cover the WNBA and who are you comparing it to?

Skip and Cowherd? One reason they cover it more...which is a joke...is because they have the rights to it.

They might cover the WNBA once a month.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Breanna Stewart with the New York Liberty. She faced A'ja Wilson and the Las Vegas Aces in the Finals last year.

That was basically the equivalent of Embiid and Joker playing in the Finals.
Thanks I appreciate it.

So I have to ask, their MVP's a white chick, and their GOAT is Taurasi right? Another white chick. And there's this other white chick I'm thinking about who came in recently with a whole lot of hype before Clark and kinda plays and looks like her too.

So why is there so much talk about Clark being white like its something new? The league been had white superstars no?

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
h/t @playahaitian

Stephen A Smith is an egomaniacal scumbag. Wants all this praise for putting people on like he is doing charity work rather than profiting from their labor. Quite frankly, he can't carry a show on his own and he knows it. But he wants to be exalted like he's a DEI champion putting on people out of the kindness of his heart and then wants to take credit for people's entire careers and forbid them to ever say a word against him (not even as a personal attack).

kareem chin

Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.webp

Would they have won another championship if he had stayed in Cleveland?

No, KD was too much of a beast during that time

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

"The most gifted player the NBA has ever seen"

Interesting because I view LeBron as the most gifted with his size, speed, strength and durability... Whereas Kyrie is often called the most skilled and skills are acquired through work, not gifted.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks I appreciate it.

So I have to ask, their MVP's a white chick, and their GOAT is Taurasi right? Another white chick.

So why is there so much talk about Clark being white like its something new? The league been had white superstars no?

One big issue with the WNBA is how it promotes white women over black women. Especially those that haven't achieved what the black players have. That's why Clark getting this much attention while potentially being a bust has become such an issue.

To put it in NBA terms, some white guys like Joker and Luka deserve the attention. But imagine if someone like Sabonis got a shoe deal instead of Kevin Durant, that happened in the WNBA.

Sabrina Ionescu, the white chick who competed against Steph in the three point competition at the all-star game, got a shoe deal with Nike becoming the third WNBA player to have one. All of which are white. Ionescu at that time had only one all-star appearance.

A'ja Wilson on the other hand, at that time had:
Multiple MVPs
A championship
Multiple All-Star appearances
DPOY
ROTY
Multiple All WNBA First Teams

All that but no shoe deal for her. Lol.

Here's an excerpt from an article talking about it last year.

"We counted every time each active WNBA player’s name was mentioned in more than 550 articles that ESPN, CBS Sports, and Sports Illustrated posted online over the course of the 2020 season. We controlled for points and rebounds and found that across the league, Black WNBA players received significantly less coverage — seemingly because they’re Black. The box score: An average 52 media mentions for Black players, compared to 118 for white players."

There's also issues with the availability of black player's jerseys. Some of their jerseys aren't readily available and have to be special ordered which adds to the cost. Others jerseys aren't available in kids sizes.

Tina Charles was the scoring champion in 2021, but her jersey wasn't readily available for order.

"They found that, during the 2020 WNBA season, regular season MVP A’ja Wilson received half as much coverage as Ionescu, who played in three games before getting injured."

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
One big issue with the WNBA is how it promotes white women over black women. Especially those that haven't achieved what the black players have. That's why Clark getting this much attention while potentially being a bust has become such an issue.

To put it in NBA terms, some white guys like Joker and Luka deserve the attention. But imagine if someone like Sabonis got a shoe deal instead of Kevin Durant, that happened in the WNBA.

Sabrina Ionescu, the white chick who competed against Steph in the three point competition at the all-star game, got a shoe deal with Nike becoming the third WNBA player to have one. All of which are white. Ionescu at that time had only one all-star appearance.

A'ja Wilson on the other hand, at that time had:
Multiple MVPs
A championship
Multiple All-Star appearances
DPOY
ROTY
Multiple All WNBA First Teams

All that but no shoe deal for her. Lol.

Here's an excerpt from an article talking about it last year.

"We counted every time each active WNBA player’s name was mentioned in more than 550 articles that ESPN, CBS Sports, and Sports Illustrated posted online over the course of the 2020 season. We controlled for points and rebounds and found that across the league, Black WNBA players received significantly less coverage — seemingly because they’re Black. The box score: An average 52 media mentions for Black players, compared to 118 for white players."

There's also issues with the availability of black player's jerseys. Some of their jerseys aren't readily available and have to be special ordered which adds to the cost. Others jerseys aren't available in kids sizes.

Tina Charles was the scoring champion in 2021, but her jersey wasn't readily available for order.

"They found that, during the 2020 WNBA season, regular season MVP A’ja Wilson received half as much coverage as Ionescu, who played in three games before getting injured."

The WNBA and NBA both have the same goal, reduce the amount of Black Americans on their rosters, and promote white faces as the best players. The LordSinisters, costanzas, MHCs, and others on this board worked hard to devalue Black American players on this board for 15 years so that white players like Luka could be the star today, who they don't clown or troll. The agenda will continue to get more and more obvious which is why white stars no matter how talented will be viewed as "industry plants" if you will to gain white casual fans. Their rise and Caitlin's coverage simply isn't organic.