{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Most of liberal ass BGOL still wants them to win. :lol:

Doesn't matter if the owner is a small hat Trump supporting piece of shit, white people want to see their Euro cousins beat the niggas!!! :roflmao:

They announced yesterday that Serbia will play Team USA in basketball next month. In the comments on Facebook all these redneck white people openly saying they're pulling for Serbia to beat them cuz they "hate LeBum". :lol: It felt like BGOL in the 2010's. :yes: White Americans are the least patriotic in the country (see Civil War).

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

You go to Miami and get turned out

giphy.gif
where's the Pope?..................i need him to check this out right quick......

I actually don’t think it looks bad or seems feminine or gay. Gives more of an island vibe to me, like something a Jamaican or Aztec might wear.

He doesn’t look like he’s honoring pride month with this look. Seems like an example of people too stringently associating dress with sexuality, like people would have done with a man with an earring or longer hair in the past.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Jerry West, the inspiration for the NBA's logo, died peacefully at his home at the age of 86, the Los Angeles Clippers announced Wednesday.

One of basketball's most accomplished contributors, West was a staple of the sport across eight decades, winning nine championships as a player, scout, coach, executive and consultant. He was an architect of the Los Angeles Lakers' 10 titles in the 1980s and 2000s and an adviser to the dynastic Golden State Warriors.

Long before West established himself as arguably the greatest general manager in NBA history, he was among the league's first superstars. A legend of West Virginia high school and college basketball and co-captain of the 1960 U.S. Olympic men's basketball team, West made the All-Star Game each season of a 14-year career decorated with 12 All-NBA selections and five All-Defensive appearances, all for the Lakers.

He won a single title in nine trips to the NBA Finals, heartbreakingly losing six title series to Bill Russell's Boston Celtics, and West's Finals MVP award in 1969 remains the only time the honor has been bestowed on a member of the losing team. He averaged 37.9 points per game in a seven-game loss to the Celtics.

“He took a loss harder than any player I’ve ever known,” late and legendary Lakers broadcaster Chick Hearn once said of West. “He would sit by himself and stare into space. A loss just ripped his guts out.”

A trailblazing scoring guard and relentless competitor, West was a deadly shooter before the advent of the 3-point line, and his most famous shot came in the form of a 60-foot buzzer beater that sent Game 3 of the 1970 Finals into overtime against the New York Knicks. He joined Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson as the league's first 25,000-point scorers. West averaged 27 points, 6.7 points and 5.8 rebounds for his career.

The late Hot Rod Hundley once described his fellow West Virginian and Lakers teammate as "the greatest competitor I've ever seen. I don't care what you're playing, he wants to win. His nickname was 'Mr. Clutch,' and he carried that moniker well, because every time we were in that situation, boom, he'd make that shot."

West's pursuit of perfection led him to unprecedented success as a decision-maker in NBA front offices, twice winning Executive of the Year honors. First as a scout and then as GM, he helped construct the five-time champion "Showtime" Lakers of the 1980s. Before leaving the Lakers in 2000, West signed Shaquille O'Neal and traded for Kobe Bryant's draft rights, laying the foundation for another five titles from 2000-10.

West spent five seasons running the Memphis Grizzlies before retiring as a full-time shot-caller at the age of 69 in 2007. He joined the Golden State Warriors as an executive board member in 2011, famously opposing a would-be 2014 trade of Klay Thompson for Kevin Love and recruiting Kevin Durant in the 2016 offseason. West left the Warriors after the second of their four championships in 2017 and joined the L.A. Clippers in the same capacity, contributing to the recruitment of Kawhi Leonard and trade for Paul George in July 2019.

West was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2019.

West's personal life was not as charmed as his basketball career. The son of a West Virginia coal mine electrician, he endured a troubled childhood haunted by the 1951 death of his older brother in the Korean War. West served as a mental health advocate in his later years, sharing his lifelong battle with depression in a New York Times best-selling 2011 memoir titled, "West by West: My Charmed, Tormented Life."

"The greatest honor a man can have is the respect and friendship of his peers. You have that more than any man I know," Russell told The Forum crowd on "Jerry West Night" in 1972. "Jerry, you are, in every sense of the word, truly a champion. If I could have one wish granted, it would be that you would always be happy."

One of West's five children, Jerry, is currently a professional scout for the Detroit Pistons.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
OK, Jayson Tatum it’s time for you to step it up a little further because I think y’all are not going to have that big Russian from the “Rocky movie” for a while.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
The muthafucka ain't even cold yet and you posting some shit that he said about the Heat.

a98acbb6590f9ab445bf5b03c6d364c5.gif

I got an advanced copy of Jon Doe's remarks for the funeral...

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, we gather to celebrate the extraordinary life of an NBA legend, a man whose impact on basketball transcends generations—Jerry West. As an ardent Miami Heat fan, it’s an honor to speak about Jerry, not just for what he did for the game but also for how he touched the lives of those within our beloved Heat organization.

Jerry West, known as "Mr. Clutch," was the epitome of excellence on the court. His iconic silhouette graces the NBA logo, a testament to his lasting influence on the sport. With a career spanning from player to executive, Jerry embodied the spirit of basketball, showcasing relentless dedication and unparalleled talent.

But today, I want to highlight a different side of Jerry—his connection to the Miami Heat. Jerry once said, "I've never seen a better coach than Erik Spoelstra." Coming from a basketball genius like Jerry, this was the highest praise. It wasn't just about Erik's strategies or his wins; it was about recognizing a kindred spirit who shared Jerry's unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation.

Miami Heat owner Micky Arison also had the privilege of experiencing Jerry’s generosity and wisdom firsthand. Micky often spoke of how Jerry welcomed him into the league with open arms, offering invaluable advice from day one, expecting nothing in return. This selfless mentorship is a hallmark of Jerry’s character, one that has profoundly impacted our Miami Heat family.

Jerry’s influence extended to the very core of our team’s ethos. His philosophy of perseverance, his drive to be the best, and his vision for what basketball could be are embedded in the DNA of the Miami Heat. When we see our team hustle, grind, and rise above challenges, we see Jerry’s legacy in action. He was truly the embodiment of Heat Culture.

We remember the man who not only set records but also set standards—standards that our Miami Heat strive to uphold every day. His contributions to the game, his wisdom, and his kindness have left an indelible mark on us all.

Jerry West’s life was a testament to what it means to be great both on and off the court. As we bid farewell to this basketball titan, we carry forward his spirit, his teachings, and his passion for the game. His legacy will forever be a part of the Miami Heat, inspiring us to push boundaries and achieve greatness.

Rest in peace, Jerry West. And let's go Heat!

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got an advanced copy of Jon Doe's remarks for the funeral...

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, we gather to celebrate the extraordinary life of an NBA legend, a man whose impact on basketball transcends generations—Jerry West. As an ardent Miami Heat fan, it’s an honor to speak about Jerry, not just for what he did for the game but also for how he touched the lives of those within our beloved Heat organization.

Jerry West, known as "Mr. Clutch," was the epitome of excellence on the court. His iconic silhouette graces the NBA logo, a testament to his lasting influence on the sport. With a career spanning from player to executive, Jerry embodied the spirit of basketball, showcasing relentless dedication and unparalleled talent.

But today, I want to highlight a different side of Jerry—his connection to the Miami Heat. Jerry once said, "I've never seen a better coach than Erik Spoelstra." Coming from a basketball genius like Jerry, this was the highest praise. It wasn't just about Erik's strategies or his wins; it was about recognizing a kindred spirit who shared Jerry's unwavering commitment to excellence and innovation.

Miami Heat owner Micky Arison also had the privilege of experiencing Jerry’s generosity and wisdom firsthand. Micky often spoke of how Jerry welcomed him into the league with open arms, offering invaluable advice from day one, expecting nothing in return. This selfless mentorship is a hallmark of Jerry’s character, one that has profoundly impacted our Miami Heat family.

Jerry’s influence extended to the very core of our team’s ethos. His philosophy of perseverance, his drive to be the best, and his vision for what basketball could be are embedded in the DNA of the Miami Heat. When we see our team hustle, grind, and rise above challenges, we see Jerry’s legacy in action. He was truly the embodiment of Heat Culture.

We remember the man who not only set records but also set standards—standards that our Miami Heat strive to uphold every day. His contributions to the game, his wisdom, and his kindness have left an indelible mark on us all.

Jerry West’s life was a testament to what it means to be great both on and off the court. As we bid farewell to this basketball titan, we carry forward his spirit, his teachings, and his passion for the game. His legacy will forever be a part of the Miami Heat, inspiring us to push boundaries and achieve greatness.

Rest in peace, Jerry West. And let's go Heat!
You forgot the pat Riley connection