{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
J Cole over both them niggas but nobody in their right mind is choosing Kendrick’s career over Drake’s career. Kendrick won one little rap beef but Drake been had shit on lock since like 08’. He’s the Lebron of Rap at this point.
Do you know how big Kendrick is?

From the Grammy's to having a fucking theme song of the George Floyd protest?

Drake is a industry plant who makes lame music for bitches that has had songs created for him for 13 years.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
J Cole over both them niggas but nobody in their right mind is choosing Kendrick’s career over Drake’s career. Kendrick won one little rap beef but Drake been had shit on lock since like 08’. He’s the Lebron of Rap at this point.
Overrated? At least Bron shoots his own shot, and doesn't use Ghost dribblers

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

7ff5b10bde2944fc971c76106ad0191b_md.jpg

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Do you know how big Kendrick is?

From the Grammy's to having a fucking theme song of the George Floyd protest?

Drake is an industry plant who makes lame music for bitches that has had songs created for him for 13 years.

Appreciate the info.

I feel you. Been fucking with K Dot since Section 80. Industry plants tend to have great careers tho. Look at Sexy Redd. Music trash but Popularity equals money. That’s what I meant.

But there was no explanation as to why Bronny chose Drake so we don’t where his mind at lol

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
First Dwayne Wade, now Joel Embid…

Joel Embiid Believes He Could Have Been the GOAT

Explain to me why having a child made you take basketball more seriously. Because for some people, the thought process might be: I have a kid now. Maybe basketball’s not the most important thing.

It was all about setting a good example. I think it came from my dad. Growing up, he was a handball player, and really good too. He was also in the army. I was always going to all his games and watching him competing and succeeding. That was like the bar for me. I always told myself, I want to be better than him. I don’t want to put that pressure on my son, but if that’s the way he wants to look at life, then he has to be the greatest player ever. Which, to me, it’s all about health. If I was healthy in all the seasons, that would be a different conversation.

Is the implication that you think you would be in the greatest-player-of-all-time conversation without the injury problems?

I think so. I think I’m that talented. Obviously you need to win championships, and to win championships you need other guys. You can’t do it by yourself. I want to win so bad. But if you don’t, you just got to understand that as long as you care about the right stuff, if it doesn’t happen, maybe it wasn’t meant to happen. So, yeah — I kind of forgot the question.

The question was whether you felt as if you were on a greatest-of-all-time trajectory.

Yeah. If you think about it, the thing that stopped me all these years is just freak injuries. Every single playoffs, regular season, people falling on my knee or breaking my face — twice. It’s always freak injuries at the wrong time.

Most of us can relate to wanting to achieve something and working hard at achieving something, and then through circumstances beyond our control — in your case injuries — not being able to. How have you learned to not get discouraged?

Going back to how I was raised and where I came from: It’s always about pushing, wanting to be better for yourself. There’s only one injury that kind of put me — it was this past year, where mentally and physically it was tough. But every other one was always about, like, What am I supposed to do about it? It’s life, you know? Then this past year — you play your best basketball of your career, and it’s becoming so easy. Every single night. You’re winning games and dropping 40, 50, 60. You finally got it figured out. You have an answer for everything that’s presented to you on the floor. Double-, triple-teamed, you just know where to go. The system is in place, and everybody’s doing their job, and you’re on your way to accomplish a lot of good things, and then just like that someone falls on your knee. I don’t have any explanation for why it was so tough, but it just was. Mentally depressing, physically your body not responding the way it should.

You’ve been in Philly for about 10 years. I think you’ve had three coaches in that time, there’s been front-office turnover, other star players have come and gone: James Harden, Jimmy Butler. Do you find yourself ever having questions about whether Philly is the place where you can win a championship?

I’m sure everybody asks themselves questions if you care about the right things and you care about winning and it hasn’t happened. Which, I’m probably at fault, too.

Why would you be at fault?

Injuries. I don’t perform at the level that I should. I could take the easy way out and not play through injuries, but I’m just like, I’ll play. So that’s all my fault probably because I haven’t performed at times at the level that I know I can and I know I should. But then again, if you want to win, the thing that I always talked about is stability, continuity. Actually, having three coaches, based on what I’ve seen, is not too bad. But it’s still three coaches, three different systems. Then the players: Every single year is like, new co-star, new players. When you start looking at the teams that have won, whether it’s Golden State, Boston this year, Denver last year, those guys have been together for a long time and then just added a few other pieces that were able to take them over the top. You go through the years. The Jimmy [Butler] years: We had a pretty good team, and then we end up losing on a game-winning buzzer-beater against the eventual champion, Toronto.

Kawhi Leonard’s shot: The ball bounced around the rim and went through, and you guys lost.

The way I look at it is, like, you got so close, and instead of what can we do to make the team better but also having the same core — changed the whole team. No continuity.

Last edited: