{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Jokic is "the best player in the league", if you went big game hunting for a championship, why wouldn't you do it with the games best player? Russ and Murray is bout to be a monster backcourt.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I mean, logistically it could definitely work. Especially with Phiil airport right there. But it's a pain in the ass like Jawnswoop said with tolls going up over the bridge. Fuck dat. It's not happennig. :smh:

xPQGV1.jpg
If they can't build the arena in Philly then they might as well forget about that shit. Don't nobody wanna travel to camden to watch games. Fuck that shit.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
i hope russ retires after this. there's no point of him going to these teams and he keep on being the excuse for why they didn't win.
He isn't gonna retire because Isiah Thomas don't know that his career is over still trying to get another team to sign him. Usually when teams don't want a player no more, that's when you hear the player announce their retirement.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Pookie your hatred for Lebron is passing down to the son
Not even skip Bayless is doing that , yet

cb3508d5-c1ff-4497-bb26-8ef684fb25a3_text.gif

Skip Bayless is a 73 year old white man that shows his face on TV everyday. He's spent the last 20 years slandering a famous and successful Black American man on TV to become a multi millionaire. Even he knows how racist and anti-Black American it would look for his brand to instinctively trash that Black American man's kid for his audience. So he's spoken favorably of Bronny. But anonymous white men on the internet and social media don't have as much to lose going at the kid. So thus Bronny hate and his career arc and story is born. :yes:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Not sure how Westbrook fits on Denver.
Energy off the bench. He will get a few runs with Jokic as well. Just need him getting a few quick points and to play DEFENSE. People talk shit about his shooting but ignore the fact that he played some damn good defense last season. The Nuggets need that. Especially on the perimeter.
Yeah energy off the bench and that's it.....

I think they are either going to insert Strawther or Braun in KCP spot next season...

Strawther is a fucking bucket....I know it's summer league, but he has been balling...

@M.H.C. - you seen your team play in summer league?

I have DC. Two words. Julian Strawther. But you know that already. He’s officially graduated summer league. This is 2 years in a row now. Now it’s time for Malone to give him PT and let him learn and develop with the big dawgs. Braun probably getting that starting spot but Strawther better be the 6th man.

I like how some experts are counting the Nuggets out but IF the Nuggets come with a HEALTHY Jamal and Jokic, It’s gonna be problems. Anthony Edward’s ain’t locking up a healthy Jamal. Nobody’s locking up a healthy Jamal. Plus MPJ sound like he’s on a revenge mission(we’ll see about that)

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Energy off the bench. He will get a few runs with Jokic as well. Just need him getting a few quick points and to play DEFENSE. People talk shit about his shooting but ignore the fact that he played some damn good defense last season. The Nuggets need that. Especially on the perimeter.

I have DC. Two words. Julian Strawther. But you know that already. He’s officially graduated summer league. This is 2 years in a row now. Now it’s time for Malone to give him PT and let him learn and develop with the big dawgs. Braun probably getting that starting spot but Strawther better be the 6th man.

I like how some experts are counting the Nuggets out but IF the Nuggets come with a HEALTHY Jamal and Jokic, It’s gonna be problems. Anthony Edward’s ain’t locking up a healthy Jamal. Nobody’s locking up a healthy Jamal. Plus MPJ sound like he’s on a revenge mission(we’ll see about that)
Strawther been balling but we called that out last year

Trey Alexander is looking solid too. I think he is a 2 way contract player but he should get some minutes next year.

PJ Hall been solid also at the 4 spot

Only disappoint has been Hunter. Dude was solid at Clemson, but he has been subpar this year.

Don’t think KCP will be missed as much people think.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Get Prime tf outta here. I’ve been Amazon Prime for at least like 5 years and my Prime Video account got “dust” on it. And those trash Thursday night football games weren’t enough to tune in.

The Boys wrapped up two days ago so I'm likely ditching Prime Video for a while. I cycle through these things and switch up my subscriptions based on what I'm watching.

Barkley made a very good point about the NBA being shortsighted by pursuing the largest amount of money and not caring about fans. If basketball wasn't on broadcast and cable TV when I was a teen, I wouldn't be in this thread right now.

Sure, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount Plus-- none of them are expensive on their own. But when you throw in with any particular one of them, you're either excluding fans who don't subscribe to everything or forcing them to take on another bill.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Pookie your hatred for Lebron is passing down to the son
Not even skip Bayless is doing that , yet

cb3508d5-c1ff-4497-bb26-8ef684fb25a3_text.gif
:lol: :lol:that's you guys problems you take facts as hate, you can check any of my post about in any thread about LeBron and see I'm one of his biggest fans but I'm not one of those diehard LeBron fans that agree with everything he does. Everything I say about Bronny has to do with Bronny, the only time I mentioned them together is saying LeBron is the only reason Bronny is in the NBA which is true