{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Another show for me to ignore.

There's not a single ESPN studio show worth watching. Not one.

They're filling time with podcast, so it's not like they don't have room for this :dunno:

I just wonder how they're going to do it, is it going to be for college also? It's huge gaps in the year with WNBA and college. It's not like the NFL and college football where it's almost 365 days a year.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
They're filling time with podcast, so it's not like they don't have room for this :dunno:

I just wonder how they're going to do it, is it going to be for college also? It's huge gaps in the year with WNBA and college. It's not like the NFL and college football where it's almost 365 days a year.
ESPN is basically like wrestling.

They'll pretty much talk about Clark and Reese for 98% of the time and throw in another story or two to save face.

Just like every single day they talk about LeBron and Dak Prescott.

I have no idea how anyone isn't bored to tears watching the same thing every day.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
ESPN is basically like wrestling.

They'll pretty much talk about Clark and Reese for 98% of the time and throw in another story or two to save face.

Just like every single day they talk about LeBron and Dak Prescott.

I have no idea how anyone isn't bored to tears watching the same thing every day.

and this is why I don't fuck with a lot of their shows...

I'm not trying to hear about the same shit every day over and over

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
and this is why I don't fuck with a lot of their shows...

I'm not trying to hear about the same shit every day over and over

For the last decade my channel stayed on ESPN damn near all the time. Watched different shows talk about the same topics. It really just became background noise.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Another show for me to ignore.

There's not a single ESPN studio show worth watching. Not one.

I’m not going to argue it will be a good show but the existence of a women’s basketball program on ESPN would be a big deal for the sport.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I’m not going to argue it will be a good show but the existence of a women’s basketball program on ESPN would be a big deal for the sport.
It's not going to be about women's basketball. It's going to be about Caitlyn Clark.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
It's not going to be about women's basketball. It's going to be about Caitlyn Clark.
Folks like Monica McNutt aren't going to let that happen. Clark will be most discussed, which makes sense. But it won't be The Caitlyn Clark Show.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Folks like Monica McNutt aren't going to let that happen. Clark will be most discussed, which makes sense. But it won't be The Caitlyn Clark Show.
Does Monica McNutt run ESPN?

Do you think the people on every show want to talk about Dak Prescott every fucking day?

They will tell McNutt to sit her ass down and do what she's told or her ass will be out. Ask Jemele Hill.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Do you think the people on every show want to talk about Dak Prescott every fucking day?

They will tell McNutt to sit her ass down and do what she's told or her ass will be out. Ask Jemele Hill.

Eh, there's a big difference between bringing A'ja Wilson into a discussion as opposed to Donald Trump.

It will be Clark-centered but, IMO, not The Clark Show.

We shall see, hopefully.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Eh, there's a big difference between bringing A'ja Wilson into a discussion as opposed to Donald Trump.

It will be Clark-centered but, IMO, not The Clark Show.

We shall see, hopefully.
We can hope.

But there is no way McNutt will be able to say "We're doing too much Clark content so, I'm switching some of this to other players"

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
We can hope.

But there is no way McNutt will be able to say "We're doing too much Clark content so, I'm switching some of this to other players"

Yeah, agreed.

I do watch NBA Today from time to time, though, and there is a fair amount of on-camera griping about how much they have to cover the Lakers regardless of if they are any good or how much more relevant other teams should be. She won't be able to dictate the agenda but there's a lot of precedent for calling bullshit on air.

They'll lead with Clark at every possible opportunity but its still great for women's basketball in general and everyone will benefit.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
452227891_885976196895761_1534550274163309004_n.jpg

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Maybe the toughest

but football is more specialized...especially now in basketball, you have 6'9 guys(KD :rolleyes: ) who have skills 6 foot guys have
Huh

So Julius peppers was a better basketball player than football?

And KD is 7 feet. Don’t let him lie to you. We seen the team USA pics

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend