{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
More importantly, is that Scottie's son?

black-man-laugh.gif

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
@Costanza face of the league played like utter shit today. Hes been a disaster the last two games. I really thought he and Bron would be leading this team. Hes been a disappointment thus far.

We talking about an exhibition? An exhibition? Not a game that counts in the standings… an exhibition?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Not the best speaker but hes spot on. The truth comes in all forms.

Interesting that you selected that video to focus on since most people would not.

Mamba mentality / a rainman-like focus on basketball is why Kobe couldn’t “function enough to talk to his parents”? I don’t know what that even means.

You like to pretend people only put Kobe on a pedestal because of his untimely death but this thread from 2015 is half of why Kobe’s my favorite player ever:

Telfair’s “fuck the Lakers” “fuck the NBA” shouting totally misses the point. Like Kobe did what he did for either of those entities. He was on a quest to be the greatest player ever and those were the vehicles. Kobe was what Teddy Roosevelt described as the man in the arena and Telfair speaks with a sideline mentality that seems like a way of justifying his relative mediocrity.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Interesting that you selected that video to focus on since most people would not.

Mamba mentality / a rainman-like focus on basketball is why Kobe couldn’t “function enough to talk to his parents”? I don’t know what that even means.
His implication is that his priorities were screwed and focus misdirected. He put professional accolades over fostering relationship with his parents.
Telfair’s “fuck the Lakers” “fuck the NBA” shouting totally misses the point.
No. It actually underscores his point. And i think it actually gives a more favorable view of Tobe than i would. It presumes he was not a horrible guy but rather one who singularly focused on set goals in his career at the expense of personal relationships with loved ones. Personally i believe he was just a horrible guy.
It’s 4:43am. It’s true.

yH38C0.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

His mom passes as white and he has plenty of white family members. He also went undrafted with 0 hype, so it's ok to support this kind of nepotism. After he settles down with a white girl, all of his wealth and resources will be back in the white American community. That's why whites root for Scotty, who I like and support, but not Bronny.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Personally i believe he was just a horrible guy.

You can easily tell he was a horrible guy by how his fans act. He's been dead almost 5 years and they haven't uplifted anyone or made the world a better place under his legacy this whole time. They use his legacy to make fun of people and to put people down because he was a selfish person that hated himself and didn't do anything for anybody. His fans don't care about his family outside of his white passing family and they looked the other way when he paid off his rape accuser instead of clearing his name. They'd rather lie and pretend he was perfect and never hold him accountable for mistakes. They shame people for revealing his flaws, so no documentary or biopics are coming.

Kobe was a piece of shit and that's why he didn't live very long. The pinnacle of his life was winning the wack ass Buss family a bunch of championships, only for them to lead the Lakers to what they are today depending on LeBron. He was a winner at times on the court, but a complete LOSER off of it.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I'm wondering how much are tickets going to cost in comparison to the Lakers

because when Kawhi is in and out of the line up......

Clippers are looking like a bottom four west Team
That effect is cool, but .... reason # 52 why ticket prices are so damn much!

The owners & advertisers have turned the arenas into theater shows to entertain, because half the teams aren't worth watching :dunno:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Slow day, saw the most recent post was from an ignored poster and decided to hit “show ignored posts.”

I was shocked by what I saw.

6 years ago...

This seems like an oddly pro-Jordan post, comparing their influence on the next generation in these terms.

Did this guy have a come to (Black) Jesus moment and convert like Saul?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Wikipedia page edit conspiracy theories.

Glad you are doing so much to make the most out of your one life on this planet.

When you get away with raping a white woman, but end up paying the toll later in life, your fans have to lie and manipulate the truth to keep you propped up.