{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

“As for Gilbert's comments, they were certainly more disrespectful and cruel. Personally, I don't care much. I would never trade places with anyone; being African is special. However, for young African and African American kids who admire and listen to Gilbert, these comments can make you think less of yourself and make the rest of the world think less of Africans. Those who are easily misled may make comments that reflect self-hate more than pride. There is nothing about our history that we should run away.”

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

87712397-13668145-image-m-91_1721834827332.jpg
87715737-13668145-image-m-93_1721834838466.jpg

87712395-13668145-image-a-72_1721834411344.jpg

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

“As for Gilbert's comments, they were certainly more disrespectful and cruel. Personally, I don't care much. I would never trade places with anyone; being African is special. However, for young African and African American kids who admire and listen to Gilbert, these comments can make you think less of yourself and make the rest of the world think less of Africans. Those who are easily misled may make comments that reflect self-hate more than pride. There is nothing about our history that we should run away.”

What ignorant shit did Arenas say about Africa this time?

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
:lol:

Thursday will be officially be known as Prime Sports day with the NFL and NBA...

And... We get WNBA along with both League Passes with Amazon...

What TNT/WB offering... Beside Inside The NBA and All Star Weekend?

"As part of the agreement, Prime Video Channels will also be the strategic partner and third-party global channels store destination for NBA League Pass, the NBA’s subscription service for streaming live and on-demand games, in the U.S. and internationally."

" Prime Video’s regular-season NBA coverage will tip off at the start of the 2025-26 season with an opening-week doubleheader, and will include Friday night games, select Saturday afternoon games, and Thursday night doubleheaders, which will begin in January 2026 after the conclusion of Prime Video’s Thursday Night Football schedule. Prime Video will present live NBA pregame, postgame, and halftime shows as part of its coverage, with additional details around talent and production to be announced at a later date. Prime Video will also stream half of all NBA Summer League games, as well as a package of WNBA and NBA G League regular-season and postseason games."

Fuck Amazon Prime video. They better not start charging more for this shit. I’ve been a Prime subscriber since forever so I still can watch it but we’ll see who’s laughing when Amazon starts price gouging mf’s.

Plus streaming quality isn’t better than TNT. Even with the best internet TNF was still fucking up.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well stated response by Deng.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor

Gilbert’s a fucking clown with a shitty podcast. Alijah should be ashamed to call him his father. Fuck nigga

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor

Well said Loul

Gill continues to be a clown. I don't think I've watched more than 5 total combined minutes of any of his commentary since he's become a "media personality".

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Gilbert’s a fucking clown with a shitty podcast. Alijah should be ashamed to call him his father. Fuck nigga

That's why I wonder about any school recruiting his kid :smh:

Is he going to be bashing the coach or the team on his pod?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
That's why I wonder about any school recruiting his kid :smh:

Is he going to be bashing the coach or the team on his pod?

Shit we ain’t gotta always agree with what our dads say or do. His son gotta distance himself from that. Cuz, Alijah might be a superstar one day.

Gilbert was a baller. Won’t deny him that but he’s a fucking awful media personality. His show has some of the worst takes ever.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Shit we ain’t gotta always agree with what our dads say or do. His son gotta distance himself from that. Cuz, Alijah might be a superstar one day.

Gilbert was a baller. Won’t deny him that but he’s a fucking awful media personality. His show has some of the worst takes ever.
I just recently started watching some of his shows and keep saying these guys can't be serious especially Rashad McCants..lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend