{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
“I was watching as a proud American”

I have never felt that way about sports and don’t think I ever will.

Anyone else?

I hate seeing all this "who won the game/gets most credit" talk the shows have been doing since they won. They were down by 13 points going into the 4th quarter LeBron, Steph, KD, Embiid and Booker made big shots, got steals and rebounds to pull out that win, it was a TEAM win

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I didnt realize they got 3 rings after the comment. I thought it was the year KD left.

Miami went to finals every year. The chicago kid fell off a cliff and was trash by year 4 and Pat Riley didnt know his fucking place so Bron had to show him by taking his talents back to Ohio.
No, Bosh fucking almost died.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I hate seeing all this "who won the game/gets most credit" talk the shows have been doing since they won. They were down by 13 points going into the 4th quarter LeBron, Steph, KD, Embiid and Booker made big shots, got steals and rebounds to pull out that win, it was a TEAM win

Agree.

I think that speaks to this argument:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
LeBron just had a triple double to beat Serbia to play for the gold medal...lol

>>> a triple-double

No way LeBron was more valuable in their head-to-head games. The previous game Jokic sat only nine minutes and those are the only minutes the US won.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor

>>> a triple-double

No way LeBron was more valuable in their head-to-head games. The previous game Jokic sat only nine minutes and those are the only minutes the US won.

LeBron had triple double in BEATING Jokic team so how are you gonna say he wasn't more valuable, then Jokic is wearing a bronze while Lebron going for gold so how you figure he's over LeBron

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
LeBron had triple double in BEATING Jokic team so how are you gonna say he wasn't more valuable, then Jokic is wearing a bronze while Lebron going for gold so how you figure he's over LeBron
LeBron is on a much much much better team and, as you articulated, was not central to their victory.

Unless you think that a player on a losing team can’t be most valuable, it seems pretty clear cut. Jokic was much more valuable in his team’s 2nd place finish than any US player to their success.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
LeBron is on a much much much better team and, as you articulated, was not central to their victory.

Unless you think that a player on a losing team can’t be most valuable, it seems pretty clear cut. Jokic was much more valuable in his team’s 2nd place finish than any US player to their success.
His triple double was central to their victory and you're right a player being valuable to their THIRD place team shouldn't be MVP in my opinion

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

8051f2jvxhv61.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I’m not seeing anybody with value to Team USA comparable to Jokic’s to Serbia.

Wemby and the other good French player have been the most valuable in this game, only reason it is even close.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I’m not seeing anybody with value to Team USA comparable to Jokic’s to Serbia.

Wemby and the other good French player have been the most valuable in this game, only reason it is even close.

At 65-56, Wemby’s 20 is 36% of his team’s points.