Official 2024 Democratic National Convention Thread - Chicago

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. Thats the coverage from Roland's channel.

Lmfaooo I tuned in JUST at the moment after she said it...I was wondering why dude had such a serious look on his face. She got too comfortable she felt like she was in a safe space with family and forgot it's still media coverage lol.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmfaooo I tuned in JUST at the moment after she said it...I was wondering why dude had such a serious look on his face. She got too comfortable she felt like she was in a safe space with family and forgot it's still media coverage lol.

I get it! But as someone in the political light that’s NEVER something you should put on camera. Especially as a black women. That will always be twisted and point to as “You See!”

@Camille

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get it! But as someone in the political light that’s NEVER something you should put on camera. Especially as a black women. That will always be twisted and point to as “You See!”

@Camille

eh...I hear you bro...but this political climate is different than ones in years past. Rashida Talib was on camera saying "We're gonna impeach the motherfucker!" and won another term, Marjorie Trailer green's Neanderthal ass is on camera constantly dropping f-bombs on reporters and she's still being elevated.

Having said all that....I hope the sista doesn't make a habit of doing that in public.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

@Camille

Pre-Trump I may have agreed with you. However, all these respectability ideals went out the window when the GOP and evangelicals lifted him up as their standard bearer. Any and all transgressions they can accuse dems of, he has already committed in abundance. Besides, she wasn't giving a traditional media interview, she was on Roland Martin UNFILTERED.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pre-Trump I may have agreed with you. However, all these respectability ideals went out the window when the GOP and evangelicals lifted him up as their standard bearer. Any and all transgressions they can accuse dems of, he has already committed in abundance. Besides, she wasn't giving a traditional media interview, she was on Roland Martin UNFILTERED.
Right

And I agree with Reecie Colbert when she says “This is the season for matching energy.” That we go high shit is for the birds.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I hear you! Not gonna lie, I’m not a fan of this new generation(overall) of politicians.

They’re openingly nasty and aggressive. Ultimately not sure it’s the best for the country!

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
chicago-illinois-director-and-producer-spike-lee-looks-on-prior-to-the-start-of-the-evening.jpg
chicago-illinois-attendees-pose-for-a-photo-ahead-of-the-evening-session-on-the-final-day-of.jpg
a-delegate-carries-an-image-of-singer-taylor-swift-during-the-democratic-national-convention.jpg
chicago-illinois-former-u-s-rep-adam-kinzinger-speaks-to-the-media-during-the-final-day-of.jpg
chicago-illinois-a-detailed-view-of-an-alpha-kappa-alpha-sorority-pin-during-the-final-day-of.jpg

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5:30 PM CST

Call to Order

Minyon Moore

Chair of the 2024 Democratic National Convention Committee

Gavel In

The Honorable Veronica Escobar

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Texas

Invocation

Everett Kelly

National President of the American Federation of Government Employees

Imam Muhammad Abdul-Aleem

Masjidullah Mosque, West Oak Lane, PA

Presentation of Colors

Illinois State Police Honor Guard

Pledge of Allegiance

Luna Maring

6th Grader from Oakland, California

Welcome Remarks

The Honorable Veronica Escobar

Joint Remarks

Becky Pringle

President of the National Education Association

Randi Weingarten

President of the American Federation of Teachers

Remarks

The Honorable Alex Padilla

United States Senator, California

6:00 PM

Remarks

The Honorable Marcia L. Fudge

Former United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Remarks

The Honorable Ted W. Lieu

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, California

Remarks

The Honorable Tammy Baldwin

United States Senator, Wisconsin

Remarks

The Honorable Katherine Clark

U.S. House of Representatives Democratic Whip

Remarks

The Honorable Joe Neguse

U.S. House of Representatives Assistant Democratic Leader

Remarks

The Honorable Leonardo Williams

Mayor of Durham, North Carolina

Remarks

The Honorable Raja Krishnamoorthi

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois

Remarks

The Honorable Bob Casey

United States Senator, Pennsylvania

Remarks

The Honorable Elizabeth Warren

United States Senator, Massachusetts

Remarks: “Project 2025—Chapter Four: Making America Weaker and Less Secure”

The Honorable Jason Crow

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Colorado

Remarks

The Honorable Elissa Slotkin

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Michigan

Remarks

The Honorable Pat Ryan

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, New York

Remarks

Reverend Al Sharpton

Civil rights leader

Joint Remarks from representatives of “the Central Park Five”

The Honorable Dr. Yusef Salaam

Member of the New York City Council

Korey Wise

Activist

Raymond Santana

Activist

Kevin Richardson

Activist

7:00 PM

Joint Remarks

Amy Resner

Former prosecutor and friend of Vice President Harris

Karrie Delaney

Director of Federal Affairs at the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network

Lisa Madigan

Former Attorney General of Illinois

Marc H. Morial

President of the National Urban League

Nathan Hornes

Former student at Corinthian Colleges

Tristan Snell

Former New York State Assistant Attorney General

Remarks

The Honorable Maura Healey

Governor of Massachusetts

Remarks

Courtney Baldwin

Youth organizer and human trafficking survivor

Remarks

The Honorable Deb Haaland

Remarks

John Russell

Content creator

Remarks

The Honorable Maxwell Alejandro Frost

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Florida

Remarks

The Honorable Colin Allred

Joint Remarks on “A New American Chapter”

Anya Cook, Florida

Craig Sicknick, New Jersey

Gail DeVore, Colorado

Juanny Romero, Nevada

Eric, Christian, and Carter Fitts, North Carolina

8:00 PM

National Anthem

The Chicks

Host Introduction

Kerry Washington

Joint Remarks

Meena Harris

Ella Emhoff

Helena Hudlin

Remarks

D.L. Hughley

Remarks

The Honorable Chris Swanson

Sheriff of Genesee County, Michigan

A Conversation on Gun Violence

The Honorable Lucy McBath

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Georgia

Joined by Abbey Clements of Newton, Connecticut, Kim Rubio of Uvalde, Texas, Melody McFadden of Charleston, South Carolina, and Edgar Vilchez of Chicago, Illinois.

Remarks

The Honorable Gabrielle Giffords

Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Arizona

Performance

P!NK

Remarks

The Honorable Mark Kelly

United States Senator, Arizona

Remarks

The Honorable Leon E. Panetta

Former United States Secretary of Defense

Remarks

The Honorable Ruben Gallego

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Arizona

Remarks

The Honorable Gretchen Whitmer

Governor of Michigan

9:00 PM

Remarks

Eva Longoria

American actress and film producer

Remarks

The Honorable Adam Kinzinger

Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois

Remarks

Maya Harris

Remarks

The Honorable Roy Cooper

Governor of North Carolina

Remarks

The Honorable Kamala Harris

Vice President of the United States

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you! Not gonna lie, I’m not a fan of this new generation(overall) of politicians.

They’re openingly nasty and aggressive. Ultimately not sure it’s the best for the country!
See that’s the problem. MAGA are not real Republicans.
They are the ones that bought out the ugly side.

You pick at kids, you pick at the disable, you show nothing but hatred in everything you do. At some point, people get tired of that BS.

The days of candidates like McCain are no longer in that party or atleast not in the fore front.

I agree it’s not healthy for the country, but at some point you have to start defending yourself against the Bully.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
eh...I hear you bro...but this political climate is different than ones in years past. Rashida Talib was on camera saying "We're gonna impeach the motherfucker!" and won another term, Marjorie Trailer green's Neanderthal ass is on camera constantly dropping f-bombs on reporters and she's still being elevated.

Having said all that....I hope the sista doesn't make a habit of doing that in public.

Like I was saying to @Camille @DC_Dude this new generation of politics is openly nasty!

Gotta always worry about the clap back.

Is this going to turn into they escalate and we “match that energy?”

Madness, Lunacy, and Utter chaos to follow!

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
btw finally got a chance to watch some of the Day 2 speeches...The energy from the Roll Call was palpable...everybody seemed fired up. really loved the Jasmine Crockett speech, she showed a vulnerable side that we've never seen. Really Loved the Angela Alsobrooks speech.....Anna Navarro, AOC, Hillary, really all of the speakers were solid and effective at varying degrees....

Michelle and Barack Obama are two of the greatest Orators in modern history....The poise, cadence and delivery Barack has is like seeing Steph shooting 3's when he's in the zone. Michelle was as close to perfect as you can get, loved that she completely abandoned the edict of "when they go low we go high". She pulled no punches and had the right balance of optimism, indignation and urgency.

Caught the Wes Moore a.k.a the 48th president speaking with Roland and speaking on stage yesterday, he was on point as usual. Gonna check out last nights speeches etc. when i get home tonight.

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
btw finally got a chance to watch some of the Day 2 speeches...The energy from the Roll Call was palpable...everybody seemed fired up. really loved the Jasmine Crockett speech, she showed a vulnerable side that we've never seen. Really Loved the Angela Alsobrooks speech.....Ann Navarro, AOC, Hillary, really all of the speakers were solid and effective at varying degrees....

Michelle and Barack Obama are two of the greatest Orators in modern history....The poise, cadence and delivery Barack has is like seeing Steph shooting 3's when he's in the zone. Michelle was as close to perfect as you can get, loved that she completely abandoned the edict of "when they go low we go high". She pulled no punches and had the right balance of optimism, indignation and urgency.

Caught the Wes Moore a.k.a the 48th president speaking with Roland and speaking on stage yesterday, he was on point as usual. Gonna check out last nights speeches etc. when i get home tonight.

The roll call was awesome. I missed part of it and actually went back to watch that from beginning to end.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like I was saying to @Camille @DC_Dude this new generation of politics is openly nasty!

Gotta always worry about the clap back.

Is this going to turn into they escalate and we “match that energy?”

Madness, Lunacy, and Utter chaos to follow!
I 100% agree.

Reminds me of when Birdman clapped back at CthaGod on the Breakfast Club lol

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
btw finally got a chance to watch some of the Day 2 speeches...The energy from the Roll Call was palpable...everybody seemed fired up. really loved the Jasmine Crockett speech, she showed a vulnerable side that we've never seen. Really Loved the Angela Alsobrooks speech.....Anna Navarro, AOC, Hillary, really all of the speakers were solid and effective at varying degrees....

I agree. The speeches were great last night.

Off topic: if anyone ever wants to improve their speaking skills, toastmasters is a hidden gem.

They have clubs all over the world.