Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 6!!!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Landy is our best pure pass rusher, but they drop him in coverage way too damn much

Landry is a Swiss army knife and I completely agree.... they have the dude playing everywhere the entire game ... He needs help

This off season.... We have to resign Jonnu, Jayon, I pray Corey Davis and I would like Desmond King back

Then the first 4 picks of the draft... NOTHING BUT DEFENSE ... the first two have to be pass rushers

It's easily the one thing that JROB hasn't solidified.... It's like he drafted Harold and felt like we are good.. but you can't have a good 3-4 defense without depth at the outside linebacker spot... You really need Speedy Stocky James Harrison type dudes... and you need D ends with range... Like we need someone on the other side of Simmons that can at least do something... this is where we miss Casey. That Casey, Jones, and Simmons Front...was a tough front.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Pees defense the past 2 years played lights out, he knew how to scheme up coverages and pressure. The defense kept us in every game except for KC. This year we lost 2 starters from that D but the biggest loss was Pees retiring. Shit is shameful of how bad the defense has been this year with a coach with a defensive background.

When Pees was there.. We would give up yards... but that Goalline Defense was fucking insane and no matter what... You always felt like Pees was going to make adjustments in the second half. His defense against Baltimore and Brady were things of beauty.

If we had the offense that have now with last years defense.... It's a Super bowl team.

Vrabel's insistence on being the DC and Jrob not drafting Pass rushers in year... in a Draft full of pass rushers is killing me.

I know they figured that we would get Clowney and hoping that Beasley would produce like Correa did when he first got here... but at that point... We still had no depth.

Last edited:

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Pees was there.. We would give up yards... but that Goalline Defense was fucking insane and no matter what... You always felt like Pees was going to make adjustments in the second half. His defense against Baltimore and Brady were things of beauty.

If we had the offense that have now with last years defense.... It's a Super bowl team.

Vrabel's insistence on being the DC and Jrob not drafting Pass rushers in year... in a Draft full of pass rushers is killing me.

I know they figured that we would be Clowney and hoping that Beasley would produce like Correa did when he first got here... but at that point... We still had no depth.

They paid Beasley fucking 9 million man. They could have used that $ to reup one of their own players.

The defense is so predictable, they will leave the corners 9 to 10 yards off the receiver and send a blitz that doesn't have time because they refuse to jam the receivers.

On most of the 3rd downs they look clueless and how the fuck did Evans regress so much this year after getting a new LB coach.

Davis, Brown and Jonu and king at the right price. Im with you we need all the high picks on defense or switch to a 4-3 to get a simpler attacking scheme. And i will blow a fuse if they try and bring Matt Patricia anywhere near the coaching staff

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
132311072_3998713686841956_5908966641010149819_o.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@jack walsh13

Ben still a drama queen

Looked washed last weak gave that press conference about thr tram playing like poo juju had to stop dancing

And tada!!!!!

Ben looking like mvp team hitting on all cylinders.

I swear that man got a flair for the dramatic
I blame that 1st half on Randy. I hate that pussy I swear. I can't wait till Mike fires his fuckin ass and promotes Matt Canada to call plays. All that rapin' crakkkka had to ever do is throw the ball downfield a bit more often. Will open up the run and those short passes more. Have to throw to Claypool more often. Teams cannot guard him. He's either gonna catch it or there's gonna be a pass interference call.

JVS1VN.jpg

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

Wow!!!

I hope he saved his paper. His career has been a disaster; taking selfie with fans instead of being on the field for the final series of knee downs last year; this seasons horrible play; getting caught in the strip club; losing the captaincy; getting yanked yesterday, but goddamn; a win and you’re in game next week and they’ve just cut ties with him COMPLETELY; ole buddy who replaced him yesterday looked good enough to become the #2 just that quick.

He didn’t even play well enough to get a training camp invite next season; it might be OVER for him after two years. Wow.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Dwyane Haskins cut by the Washington Football Team (usatoday.com)

NFC East News: Washington Football Team releases QB Dwayne Haskins before season finale against the Eagles
Dwayne-Haskins-Washington-Football-Team-released-Eagles-season-finale.jpg

The Washington Football Team will face the Eagles on Sunday Night Football with a chance to win the division and they’ll do without the services of quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Haskins has been waived by Washington after a tumultuous week that started with a viral photo of the quarterback maskless in a strip club.

Haskins was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, 15th overall after finishing third in the Heisman Trophy race at Ohio State.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
They paid Beasley fucking 9 million man. They could have used that $ to reup one of their own players.

The defense is so predictable, they will leave the corners 9 to 10 yards off the receiver and send a blitz that doesn't have time because they refuse to jam the receivers.

On most of the 3rd downs they look clueless and how the fuck did Evans regress so much this year after getting a new LB coach.

Davis, Brown and Jonu and king at the right price. Im with you we need all the high picks on defense or switch to a 4-3 to get a simpler attacking scheme. And i will blow a fuse if they try and bring Matt Patricia anywhere near the coaching staff

--- It drives me nuts... but even when we do.. we still don't have the horses to reach the qb. We also blitz on obvious blitzing downs.. I think the big problem is how Vrabel calls defensive plays. Bowen... is in the box .. he sees the offense and gives vrabel the plays and then vrabel chooses the play to run.. then that play goes to the linebacker with the green dot on the field. That's just too many mutherfucking cooks in the kitchen. Vrabel says that he is involved in every defensive decision ...

And the thing that fucking kills me the most... You have Jim Haslett on the Staff.. A dude who has decades of DC and HC experience. Why isn't he in the booth calling plays. When we hired him this year.... My thought was well if Jim is up there ... we might be ok. But you have a dude up there now in Shane Bowen who has never fucking done this.

Also... Yeah I have no clue what is going on with Evans... but to be Honest it's the entire defense. No one seems to be communicating. Just look at Byard ... the last 4 years of his career my man was allowed to roam all over the field .... Now he looks like a free safety playing the Strong Nickel Safety role and you can tell that he is off. He is a second slow because he doesn't know what the other are doing.

...... Off all of the Free agents that we have coming up.. Jayon is priority number 1 ... You aren't going to find a inside linebacker who can play the pass like him in the draft. You put Jayon and David Long together and you have a fucking tandem. I just don't know how long David is going to hold up at his size but man I loved dude last year and I love him now.. He makes plays.

Whatever happens this year... I know one thing..

Vrabel is going to need to eat that fucking Crow and hire a DC.... and beg Dean Pees to come back in some kind of role. I don't care if the man is calling shit in from Home. We need him or at least someone from his coaching tree.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man Haskins got fucked over....I never thought he was going to ball there but he got a head coach who never wanted him to begin with. But Haskins handled it wrong too.....that might be it for him in the NFL. They like their clipboard holders to be choir boys and film studiers.

Haskins fucked this one over .... it was a complete wrap for him when he didn't come out for the presser after the game. Even with that bad game... somebody would have at least taken a flyer on dude... gone with the He's young.. Washington wasn't the right fit.. Look what he did at Ohio...

But to be irresponsible and unprofessional and have a bad game... I think it's a wrap for him.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Haskins fucked this one over .... it was a complete wrap for him when he didn't come out for the presser after the game. Even with that bad game... somebody would have at least taken a flyer on dude... gone with the He's young.. Washington wasn't the right fit.. Look what he did at Ohio...

But to be irresponsible and unprofessional and have a bad game... I think it's a wrap for him.
Couldn't have said it better. He already fucked up in most ppl's eyes by what he did last week and putting everyone at risk as a result but then to compound it with a shitty game and even shittier response afterwards was the nail in the coffin.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yep, I don't see another team picking him up at this point. His career is probably a wrap.
He's going to be put in the Jamarcus Russell category of busts and pretty much untouchable to all the other GMs in the league.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yep, I don't see another team picking him up at this point. His career is probably a wrap.
He's going to be put in the Jamarcus Russell category of busts and pretty much untouchable to all the other GMs in the league.

Or Rookie Offensive tackle, Isiah Wilson, is probably going to be the Gold Standard of busts if he doesn't get it together next year....

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I'm sure he'll get picked up but it won't be at anything but as a backup who'll have to fight to make a roster

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Lowkey I wonder if the Haskins situation fucks with Justin Fields money. Ohio State has had a bunch of black QBs who either switched positions in the NFL (Pryor, Miller), or who were just not good (Haskins, Jones). And where is JT Barrett now? I like Fields but he needs to have a fantastic CFP and pro day to help separate him from the lineage of OSU NFL QBs.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Nathan Petermn is still in the league as a backup. Haskins needs to talk to some vets and get his mind right. Spend January having fun vacation what not. Then cleanse that mess away come back in February and train.

The man skipping a mandatory presser after the game and left the stadium because he got benched

---- VY did something similar which lead to him getting cut.. but VY won games so he got one more chance...

I just don't see Haskins coming back from this one... If he just did the presser ..... I would have said definitely be with another team..

But man.. to do this right after saying you took responsibility and was immature for having a maskless stripper party.. No one is going to trust you.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Lowkey I wonder if the Haskins situation fucks with Justin Fields money. Ohio State has had a bunch of black QBs who either switched positions in the NFL (Pryor, Miller), or who were just not good (Haskins, Jones). And where is JT Barrett now? I like Fields but he needs to have a fantastic CFP and pro day to help separate him from the lineage of OSU NFL QBs.

I definitely feel like this is going to hit Justin Fields for the exact same reason..

the good thing for Fields is that.... He has a better Pro-styled game then either Miller or Pryor...

but Man.... I can't remember the last time a Ohio State qb had true success at QB in the Nfl.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

that's a trifecta even a a young WHITE QB can;t have.