Official 2024 NFL off season Discussion!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Seattle Seahawks waive veteran DT Damon 'Snacks' Harrison

SEATTLE -- The Seattle Seahawks have waived veteran defensive tackle Damon "Snacks" Harrison at his request.
The team announced the move Monday, one day after Harrison was a healthy scratch for Seattle's NFC West-clinching win over the Los Angeles Rams.
"He's decided to stop playing," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "He's done playing. I talked to him this morning. He's in good spirits and all of that. He's really grateful for the opportunity in playing here, and he did really well by us, but he just ... he's done."

Done with the Seahawks, at least. Harrison tweeted Monday that "the plan" is to play for another team this year if he "can work out the logistics of it," although he added that he's not interested in being claimed off waivers.
Harrison indicated on Twitter that his decision was related to his role in Seattle, although his tweets and Carroll's comments suggest an amicable parting.

In one tweet, Harrison thanked the Seahawks and his teammates, writing that he wishes it didn't have to end but that "it's time for both of us to move on." In another, he wrote that he didn't want to take snaps away from a young player "who deserves to be out there." He also requested that media members ask him any questions about his situation as opposed to players and coaches, who "have to remain focused."
"What's next for me? I'm not sure," Harrison tweeted. "I have to make sure my family is good before I do anything. They are my 1st priority. I'd like to keep playing but with Covid and other logistics it's tough to just pack up and immediately leave. I'll keep y'all posted!"

Harrison is subject to waivers. The move leaves the Seahawks with an open roster spot.

"So I don't know what'll happen with any other club, but I know he's got a big family, he's got a bunch of kids, seven kids, to corral and take care of and it's a very trying time and challenging," Carroll told the radio station. "He's going to try to just get them back home and get them safe. He was awesome to have around. We loved him and sorry to see him go, but we've got to keep going."

The Seahawks signed Harrison, 32, to their practice squad Oct. 7 after he decided to play in 2020. He didn't make his Seattle debut until Nov. 15 against the Rams. The 6-foot-5, 350-pound player had to work himself back into football shape and then had to wait for an opening in Seattle's defensive tackle rotation, which he got when Bryan Mone injured an ankle.

Harrison, a first-team All-Pro in 2016, was credited with nine tackles and a forced fumble in six games with Seattle. He averaged 23 defensive snaps per game, according to Pro Football Reference, while playing behind starters Jarran Reed and Poona Ford.

The Seahawks activated Mone off injured reserve Saturday. He played 26 defensive snaps against the Rams. Before the game, Harrison wished Mone and several other teammates good luck against the Rams via Twitter.

Harrison's contract with Seattle included a $1.05 million base salary. That prorated to roughly $370,588 over six games.

Last edited:

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Don't you EVER........EVER type that name again. He and Mark Malone getting fucked up on site if I ever see them on God bruh.

source-4.gif

1qptsl.jpg
:lol:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Naw man they did this dude foul. He fucked himself over in the end but he got fucked over. Rivera never liked him or wanted him. To show the confidence he had in him he went and traded for his replacement. All guys aren't equal. It takes time for QB's to develop. This shit been in play long before now.

I agree that they did him wrong...

But Rivera didn't draft dude...... the new Coach has the right to bring in the guy that they feel works with that System. Just look at Josh Rosen in Arizona.. Rosen was the 10th pick in the draft.. .Next year.. Dude was gone. It's on Washington for not bringing in a Coach that was willing to develop you first round pick.

Haskins fucked up.... but not being a professional off the field and looking bad on the field.

Coaches would give him Chances if his off the field shit was amazing..... especially this year with the way you can stack a QB on your Practice squad and protect them. Some coach would try to see if they can fix him. Like Carson Wentz is going to go to another team because some coach is going to look at his age and his previous work and feel like..... they can fix his shit.

The problem with Haskins is that.... He is doing extremely knucklehead shit that makes the team look bad. Owners aren't going to be able to trust him. I feel for the kid but he fucked up. Missing the presser and going home...... Is like one of the huge rules not to break especially if you started the game. And they said that the Teams PR couldn't immediately reach him after the game either... Dude went home to talk to the press..

There is no way he gets another legit shot.... He might get a Tryout but that's going to be tough.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Miami vs Buffalo next week will be a big game for both.

Miami wins and they are in.

BILLS may sit some players but....Though BILLS already have their spot wrapped up in the playoffs, they may be looking at positioning. Finishing second in the AFC secured at least two home games.

GO BILLS!!! Squish the Fish!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree that they did him wrong...

But Rivera didn't draft dude...... the new Coach has the right to bring in the guy that they feel works with that System. Just look at Josh Rosen in Arizona.. Rosen was the 10th pick in the draft.. .Next year.. Dude was gone. It's on Washington for not bringing in a Coach that was willing to develop you first round pick.

Haskins fucked up.... but not being a professional off the field and looking bad on the field.

Coaches would give him Chances if his off the field shit was amazing..... especially this year with the way you can stack a QB on your Practice squad and protect them. Some coach would try to see if they can fix him. Like Carson Wentz is going to go to another team because some coach is going to look at his age and his previous work and feel like..... they can fix his shit.

The problem with Haskins is that.... He is doing extremely knucklehead shit that makes the team look bad. Owners aren't going to be able to trust him. I feel for the kid but he fucked up. Missing the presser and going home...... Is like one of the huge rules not to break especially if you started the game. And they said that the Teams PR couldn't immediately reach him after the game either... Dude went home to talk to the press..

There is no way he gets another legit shot.... He might get a Tryout but that's going to be tough.

Rosen got fucked over too. Much worse than Haskins did I'll admit but they hoed the shit out of him now he can't stay on a team.

And like I said above man Haskins has to take accountability for how he handled it. He fucked up. But I just think Redskins pushed him to this point. Rivera should've got that job knowing Haskins was the franchise QB. Joe Judge knew that shit about Daniel Jones. McCarthy knew that about Dak. Matt Ruhl knew that about Bridgewater.

Its just bad managing on the Redskins part. They've handled this position foolishly since they had RGIII....the minute they drafted him they drafted Cousins in the same draft. Then of course they fuck that up and end up going with Cousins and he finally shows his worth and they don't want to sign him until its too late....then they trade for Alex Smith fucks himself up and gave him 100 million to boot. Just bad.

Haskins should've been backing someone up and learning. They knew he was raw.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Miami vs Buffalo next week will be a big game for both.

Miami wins and they are in.

BILLS may sit some players but....Though BILLS already have their spot wrapped up in the playoffs, they may be looking at positioning. Finishing second in the AFC secured at least two home games.

GO BILLS!!! Squish the Fish!!
30 degrees is not so bad the Phins should be ready. Tua should be on a shorter leash though, decision before halftime.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Rosen got fucked over too. Much worse than Haskins did I'll admit but they hoed the shit out of him now he can't stay on a team.

And like I said above man Haskins has to take accountability for how he handled it. He fucked up. But I just think Redskins pushed him to this point. Rivera should've got that job knowing Haskins was the franchise QB. Joe Judge knew that shit about Daniel Jones. McCarthy knew that about Dak. Matt Ruhl knew that about Bridgewater.

Its just bad managing on the Redskins part. They've handled this position foolishly since they had RGIII....the minute they drafted him they drafted Cousins in the same draft. Then of course they fuck that up and end up going with Cousins and he finally shows his worth and they don't want to sign him until its too late....then they trade for Alex Smith fucks himself up and gave him 100 million to boot. Just bad.

Haskins should've been backing someone up and learning. They knew he was raw.
watch Wentz go to Indy to re-unite with Frank Reich. My squad stays on that bs...our front is gonna be a problem for years to come. if they EVER get the QB right they will be onto something. McLaurin and Gibson have emerged as legit threats.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
watch Wentz go to Indy to re-unite with Frank Reich. My squad stays on that bs...our front is gonna be a problem for years to come. if they EVER get the QB right they will be onto something. McLaurin and Gibson have emerged as legit threats.
I could see Dak in Washington if he doesn't go to NE. But Dak needs a TE and Logan is basically a receiver, he is not a threat to block on run plays.

Crazy the amount of black QBs have turned TE or receiver. But hey they are in the league.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Booger McFarland doubles down on controversial Dwayne Haskins comments
By Zach Braziller
December 29, 2020 | 3:44pm | Updated

Booger McFarland isn’t backing down.

After catching heat for his rant on ESPN’s “Monday Night Countdown” about the Dwayne Haskins situation and how it related to young African American players in the NFL, the former player and current ESPN analyst didn’t take a step back.

“My message was to all players which I said but specifically to the part of the NFL that’s makes up almost 70% the AA players,” he tweeted, accompanied by the video of his take. “And of course I’m not speaking to ALL but in my 20+ years around the NFL I’ve seen to many cases. I stand by what I said whether u agree or disagree.”

In a roundtable discussion, McFarland said Haskins’ issues — the former first-round draft pick was cut on Monday by the Washington Football Team due to poor performance and violating COVID-19 protocol with a maskless stripper party — are symbolic of other young black players in the league who focus more on growing their brand and image than being a better player and helping their team.

“Oftentimes young players, especially — I’m gonna go ahead — especially young African American players, because they make up 70 percent of this league — they come into this league and ask themselves the wrong thing,” McFarland said. “They come into the league saying not ‘how can I be a better player?’ They don’t say, ‘How can I be a better teammate?’ They don’t say, ‘How can I be a better person; how can get my organization over the hump?’

“Here’s what they come in saying. They come in saying, ‘How can I build my brand better? How can I build my social media following better? How can I work out on Instagram and show everybody that I’m ready to go, but when I get to the game, I don’t perform?’”
His take, generalizing one player into a large group, was harshly criticized. But the next day, instead of walking back his comments, McFarland decided to double down.