OFFICIAL UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno discussion thread - Dec. 12th, 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1214033-1055628-058779133771-top-down-clean.png.rendition.380.380.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyways, here is my top 5 prediction of big names that will get cut:
Tyron Woodley
Allistair Overeem
Chris Weidman
Luke Rockhold
Jose Aldo

@STAR-69 @killagram @Deezz @stizz3000 @LegendOfLedo

Do you think JDS is at risk of getting cut too? He's 0-4 of late. But his record's a bit of a headscratcher. He was 3-0 prior to that, and traded wins & losses for a few years prior to the stretch of wins, followed by stretch of losses.

He beat Velasquez for the title 9 years ago, but Cain avenged that loss twice over by wrecking him in the trilogy.

21-9 record overall.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Do you think JDS is at risk of getting cut too? He's 0-4 of late. But his record's a bit of a headscratcher. He was 3-0 prior to that, and traded wins & losses for a few years prior to the stretch of wins, followed by stretch of losses.

He beat Velasquez for the title 9 years ago, but Cain avenged that loss twice over by wrecking him in the trilogy.

Yessir...he then been in too many wars.. brah

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
A fighter can't be in too many wars, and still have the same heart, I think a fighters heart has a meter... brah

Agreed. Almost a false sense of confidence too. He caught Cain in just over a minute in the 1st fight. Whereas Cain kicked his ass over 25 mins in the 2nd fight, and TKO'd him in the 5th round in the 3rd fight.

Cain made a serious statement ... unfortunate about his injuries over the years derailing his prime.

Went on a roadtrip with my brother to the Cain-Brock main event in Anaheim back in late-2010. That was fun ... pro-Cain arena ... we were up in the nosebleed seats!

:roflmao3: :cheers:

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

21-9 record overall.

DEFINATELY....JDS looks shot.

I can see him going to Bellator and losing there too. Too many wars

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Almost a false sense of confidence too. He caught Cain in just over a minute in the 1st fight. Whereas Cain kicked his ass over 25 mins in the 2nd fight, and TKO'd him in the 5th round in the 3rd fight.

Cain made a serious statement ... unfortunate about his injuries over the years derailing his prime.

Went on a roadtrip with my brother to the Cain-Brock main event in Anaheim back in late-2010. That was fun ... pro-Cain arena ... we were up in the nosebleed seats!

Saw my first and last live UFC even like this.......NEVER AGAIN. Was at the TD Garden for like 6 hours. Showed up during the prelims. 30 second KOs seems cool when youre home, but if youre there....you gotta wait for like 40 minutes it seems till the next fight. All you can do is drink and eat. I think I spent at least 200.00 that night..LOL

this was the night Browne KOd Overeem

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Saw my first and last live UFC even like this.......NEVER AGAIN. Was at the TD Garden for like 6 hours. Showed up during the prelims. 30 second KOs seems cool when youre home, but if youre there....you gotta wait for like 40 minutes it seems till the next fight. All you can do is drink and eat. I think I spent at least 200.00 that night..LOL

this was the night Browne KOd Overeem

That was a crazy comeback from Browne over Overeem!

I hear you re: quick stoppages ... they really derail the format with the big breaks in between. Lots of fast-forwarding at home, lol. Can't do it in person. Lol @ the $200 ... stadium prices!

We were staying at a Super 8 near Disneyland. Walked over to the Honda Center a few miles away. My brother drank 3 beers walking over. Had them stashed under a 2nd t-shirt he was carrying. I kept telling him to stop drinking in public ... he was asking for trouble. Empty stomach ... drank 1L of beer before he got there. He was loud and obnoxious during early prelims ...

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was a crazy comeback from Browne over Overeem!

I hear you re: quick stoppages ... they really derail the format with the big breaks in between. Lots of fast-forwarding at home, lol. Can't do it in person. Lol @ the $200 ... stadium prices!

We were staying at a Super 8 near Disneyland. Walked over to the Honda Center a few miles away. My brother drank 3 beers walking over. Had them stashed under a 2nd t-shirt he was carrying. I kept telling him to stop drinking in public ... he was asking for trouble. Empty stomach ... drank 1L of beer before he got there. He was loud and obnoxious during early prelims ...

Next time is definitely cageside. I just need to justify spending the bread...LOL

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Not related to this weekend, but this is hilarious

Gonna be a great card this coming Saturday!

Preliminary card (ESPN+)
WelterweightStephen Thompsonvs.Geoff Neal
BantamweightJosé Aldovs.Marlon Vera
WelterweightMichel Pereiravs.Khaos Williams
BantamweightMarlon Moraesvs.Rob Font
HeavyweightMarcin Tyburavs.Greg Hardy
WelterweightAnthony Pettisvs.Alex Morono
WelterweightBelal Muhammadvs.Dhiego Lima
Women's BantamweightSijara Eubanksvs.Pannie Kianzad
Catchweight (195 lb)Deron Winnvs.Antônio Arroyo
BantamweightAiemann Zahabivs.Drako Rodriguez
MiddleweightTafon Nchukwivs.Jamie Pickett
LightweightRick Glennvs.Carlton Minus

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like Wonderboy but I always bet on black..LOL

Neal is a beast. His brother is too

I always root for Aldo since he got screwed out of his rematch with Mcgregor, but his time may be up too

Why does the UFC have the weak Lima brother..LOL

Khaos gonna smash too

u right...this card looks sick

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I like Wonderboy but I always bet on black..LOL

Neal is a beast. His brother is too

I always root for Aldo since he got screwed out of his rematch with Mcgregor, but his time may be up too

Why does the UFC have the weak Lima brother..LOL

Khaos gonna smash too

u right...this card looks sick

Agreed - solid names on this card to close the year! Khaos-Pereira gonna be wild for as long as it lasts. Yeah - wish the UFC had Douglas Lima. He's making good $ over in Bellator as one of their faces (alongside the Pitbull brother). Neal is the truth. Great to see him headlining a good event. Glad he was able to beat that serious health scare earlier this year!

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed - solid names on this card to close the year! Khaos-Pereira gonna be wild for as long as it lasts. Yeah - wish the UFC had Douglas Lima. He's making good $ over in Bellator as one of their faces (alongside the Pitbull brother). Neal is the truth. Great to see him headlining a good event. Glad he was able to beat that serious health scare earlier this year!

I usually don't watch fight night..brah

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

21-9 record overall.

I’m looking forward to watching Bellator next year, they will Rumble Johnson, Yoel Romero, and possibly JDS...they should all be better than they were in the UFC because there’s no USADA.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I’m looking forward to watching Bellator next year, they will Rumble Johnson, Yoel Romero, and possibly JDS...they should all be better than they were in the UFC because there’s no USADA.

I’m hearing Bellator isn’t with DAZN anymore. Just CBS Sports and maybe someone else? Hopefully they leave that Thurs night timeslot. Even the MMA media is forgetting about their cards of late. I just check highlights on Youtube