OHHH, SHHHIT... Robert Glasper Drags Lauryn Hill Straight To the Gates of Hell (No Lies Detected)

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
memphis.. and nope ain't nobody around here eating beef patties on the regular

they never sold those nowhere around here
man you the only NY dude around here talk like you got some sense lol..

Bruh I never heard of one til 2003. These mafuggas act like Jamaicans took over every hood in the US.

The first one I had was in Montego Bay and it tasted like a beef pot pie with curry in it.

What kind of fisher price packaging shit is this?!?! :roflmao::roflmao:

And if I didn't have a real one on the islands, I would think this is some East coast trick like White Castle. I heard all about that shit for years and I had that nasty shit y'all swore by. Fucking pickle bigger than the patty and the meat was like un seasoned pork breakfast patties. Simply disgusting.

Goddamn, y'all need to order some curry goat this weekend and repent :smh:

sharkbait28

International Member
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore but I think it has something to do with Otis Redding III being spotted eating microwaveable Fisher Price Jamaican beef pattys:confused:

This thread is about how Lauryn Hill is verifiably nuts (via a music legend in the making) and also how some of y'all need to step y'all roti, saltfish and patty game up. Blouse an skirt *sucks teeth* :lol:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

Homie I have eaten curry goat, jerk chicken all that. I had never heard of people calling black Empanadas "Meat Patty's".

Where I'm from a Patty is the shit inside the meal. Chicken patty, ground beef patty, turkey patty, Pork patty are all shit you put inside a burger/sandwich.

British fucks call meat pies "patty", Cali ninjas call meat pies, meat pies.

Y'all sound like a british cat talking crazy about "can I get a fag from you" and wondering why he's ready to kick your ass?

sharkbait28

International Member
Homie I have eaten curry goat, jerk chicken all that. I had never heard of people calling black Empanadas "Meat Patty's".

Where I'm from a Patty is the shit inside the meal. Chicken patty, ground beef patty, turkey patty, Pork patty are all shit you put inside a burger/sandwich.

Y'all sound like a british cat talking crazy about "can I get a fag from you" and wondering why he's ready to kick your ass?

Relax man it's all jokes :cool:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

West indians in ny got every bizz trying to duplicate their patties... From the pizza shops, to the cornerstores, to the chicken spots...when it's all said and done you gonna eat a beef patty, drink a smoothie, and start saying brethren with a deep voice and accent

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yep.
How do you make one incredible iconic album and then never make another album pretty much again and tour off that first album but can't play it anything other than live and have to change the lyrics lol
huge fraud

damn cuz...

isn't FRAUD a little TONG?

She was an AMAZING rapper and singer and wrote her own rhymes...

we GOTTA give her that much.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/15-years-of-the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill.747806/

She also endured an arduous legal battle after four musicians sued her for failure to properly credit their songwriting and production on The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill.

The details of that lawsuit, which reportedly settled for $5 million, never fully surfaced. Some believe Hill caved despite her legal representation’s objections in order to put an end to a tumultuous fight.

Meanwhile, her skeptics claimed she should have given those musicians co-songwriting and production credit on 13 of the album’s 14 tracks (the liner notes state that Hill was the sole songwriter on 12 tracks). Few know what truly happened, but it the tussle cast a shadow on her musical legacy.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
I was playing for Otis Redding, III, and during rehearsals, he'd make a mistake and look in my direction. After the 3rd time, I was like "Nah, pimp. It ain't going down like that!", and I bounced, with the trumpeter running after me asking me to reconsider. I told one of my bass playing friends in The Chi this story, and he said, "Bruh, you dodged a bullet! I know 4 people that played for him, and after the gig,
he don't pay. He'll collect the money and leave while the band is waiting for him."
:smh: ganksta-sh!t

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
I can't believe some of you Brothers never had a box of these and threw them in the oven. These were almost restaurant-quality

usa-1-0-trans-fat-jamaican-style-patties-beef-cocktail-patty.jpg
never heard of 'em fam

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
What kind of fisher price packaging shit is this?!?! :roflmao::roflmao:

And if I didn't have a real one on the islands, I would think this is some East coast trick like White Castle. I heard all about that shit for years and I had that nasty shit y'all swore by. Fucking pickle bigger than the patty and the meat was like un seasoned pork breakfast patties. Simply disgusting.
lol

Man that's the old packaging from the 80s and 90s I have no idea how the packaging looks today. But go to your local grocery store and buy them. they're' not restaurant quality but they're close and get the job done

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I had to log on from my cell phone for this one. Someone from BGOL may or may not have successfully sued Lauryn Hill, her touring company and others for not paying an artist for a tour. Let me know of artists that don’t get paid. Actually, let me know of anyone that doesn’t get properly paid. I’m kind of nice in federal and state courts. Y’all know how to reach me on some Black Panther Batman Quaid shit.

Damn it's been rumors about this for years and what he just said explains why she only had one album.

Yeah I agree, Fuck Lauryn.

Musicians, niggas that actually know music theory and play instruments, are like janitors in the music industry.

Peace,

Wow. People have talked about Lauryn stealing the music for TMOLH for decades; it’s not a secret. It’s just disappointing that she still refuses to acknowledge it and still treats people so disrespectfully.

Can’t even tune her own guitar. :smh:

It's all true. Cats told me years ago about the dumb shit she pulled in the studio. she wanted to have a drum track behind her playing guitar, but she wanted to lay the guitar track first without a metronome or click track. When she was finished, have the drummer try and lock up to her. :smh::smh:

Just musically dumb shit like that.

She had tuning issues with her guitar in her MTV Unplugged show and clearly only knew 3 or 4 chords tops.

l-boogie say it aint so smh

Peace,

Jesus.

As a professional musician, how much theft like what he describes would you say takes place in the industry?

Damn...

Well that explains only ONE monster album and a whole shit load of live shit...

*two cents*

As nyers we've been spoiled by many things we take for granted that is common for us that others never had

i read a lil bit

when i got to some japan shit i driffted off

i always give ming threads a chance

“Ms. Hill”????? Lmbao!

anigif_enhanced-11885-1459263594-8.gif

So much Lauryn being this crazy genius. The bitch just crazy.

I know a dude that got hired to play for her, and he told me the exact same shit about changing up shows she never listened to, and replacing whole bands a day or 2 before the gig. She did that to justify shorting them on the pay. He said he bounced, and then learned the gig got canceled anyway. She's, by far, NOT the only one.

I was playing for Otis Redding, III, and during rehearsals, he'd make a mistake and look in my direction. After the 3rd time, I was like "Nah, pimp. It ain't going down like that!", and I bounced, with the trumpeter running after me asking me to reconsider. I told one of my bass playing friends in The Chi this story, and he said, "Bruh, you dodged a bullet! I know 4 people that played for him, and after the gig, he don't pay. He'll collect the money and leave while the band is waiting for him."

I respect Glasper and understand that he’s warning other serious musicians to stay away from Ms.Hill and her unearned booshiggetty. So much talent and so little music to show for it. It’s like she got shot out of a bazooka named Sister Act and so much was expected after the Fugees. And, y’all been saying that Badu is crazy. Btw, now I’ve got to stop by Little Jamaica and get me some veggie patties for dinner.

Maybe because I'm West Indian. Roti and beef patties I grew up with.

Man y’all wiiiiiiiiode da fuck open up in here

Icb...._________

heard some stories about lauryn over the years...so this just confirms it. she got a diva complex but is nowhere near being one.

I had two chicken patties and a coco bread today from Scotch Bonnet.

I stopped eating red meat

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
The Reddings

The Reddings, a funk, soul disco band from Macon, Georgia, were founded by Otis Redding's sons Dexter Redding and Otis Redding III together with their cousin Mark Lockett. Dexter provided vocals & bass, Otis Redding III played guitar, and Mark provided keyboards. The Reddings recorded for Believe In A Dream Records/CBS & Polydor. Their biggest hit was "Remote Control" in 1980.

The Reddings Discography of Albums

reddings_theawakening.jpg

The Awakening
US Believe in a Dream 36875 (in Europe by Epic), 1980
Reissue CD on EU Vinyl-Masterpiece/PTG, 2010
1) Remote Control 2) Funkin' on the One 3) Come in out the Rain 4) It's Friday Night 5) The Awakening Pt. 1 6) I Want It 7) Doin' It 8) Lady be My Lovesong 9) The Awakening Pt. 2

reddings_class.jpg

Class
US Believe in a Dream 37175 (in Europe by Epic), 1981
1) Class (Is What You Got) 2) If You Feel It 3) Seriously 4) Main Nerve 5) You're the Only One 6) Hurts So Bad 7) Love Is Over 8) Love Dance

reddings_steaminhot.jpg

Steamin' Hot
US Believe in a Dream 37974 (in Europe by Epic), 1982
1) I Know You Got Another (Don't Matter) 2) (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay 3) You Bring Me Joy 4) Follow Me 5) Steamin' Hot 6) For You 7) You Can Be a Star 8) Time Won't Wait

reddings_backtobasics.jpg

Back to Basics
US Believe in a Dream 38690 (in Europe by Epic), 1983
1) Hand Dance 2) On the Outside Looking In 3) Who You Think You're Messing with 4) Back to the Basics (With Our Love) 5) Erotic Groove 6) Moon Rock 7) I'm Ready 8) Make Plans for Me too

reddings_iflookscouldkill.jpg

If Looks Could Kill
US Polydor LP 823324, 1985
1) In My Pants 2) Where Did Our Love Go 3) Didn't Want to Fall in Love 4) Parasite 5) I Don't Understand It 6) Talk's All Over Town 7) If Looks Could Kill 8) Third Party

reddings_reddings.jpg

The Reddings
US Polydor LP/CD 835292, 1988
1) It's a Feeling 2) So In Love with You 3) Come Back to Me 4) Jealous Heart 5) R.O.C.C. 6) Serious 7) Let's Stop Pretending 8) Company 9) This Is My Life 10) Call the Law
CD bonus track:
11) So In Love with You (12" Mix)

FUN FACT: Otis Redding III also wrote "The Smurf" for Tyrone Brunson in 1982
(OLDHEAD ALERT!) :yes: