PAY YOUR WORKERS FAIRLY! I.T. guy quits. Costs Employer 40 Millon!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bounced on my job of 7 years last November.

Main math instructor there, but they didn’t bring back full time after being furloughed, so I left.

Fast forward. NC unemployment security hit me with a nasty overpayment bill back in early February. They want over 24k back.

Did some investigation of my own and discovered my former employer was saying I was making 1100 - 1400 a week to unemployment security.

I wrote a thorough appeals letter proving I wasn’t making that much being furloughed and that the employer’s contribution was dead wrong. A month past and now the appeals deadline has passed and I still haven’t heard anything back from the auditor.

I contacted some of my former co-workers and they were also hit with overpayment from unemployment security.

I reinvestigated the audit and notice my employer was still saying I was making a full time salary, which that wasn’t true. My former company took the PPE loans as wel

To protect my bank account from being tampered with because the state failing to do their part, I hired a lawyer.

I think I may have uncovered some major fraud by my company. This wasn’t an accident if it’s happened to multiple co-workers.

if I didn’t get hit with such a nasty overpayment bill, I may would have let it slide, but now this shit has escalated much further than I would like to go with it. :smh:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^ you have to repay unemployment when you get back in the workforce?

Is this a North Carolina thing? I've never heard of such...but I've never been on unemployment so I don't know how it works

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Real talk

I'm sure some of these tales are exaggerated

But overall there is a basic truth

"Support" staff is the life blood of most of these companies

That should be must be properly compensated and respected and appreciated

A whole lot of these so called bosses being exposed as wastes of space especially during this pandemic.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

Main math instructor there, but they didn’t bring back full time after being furloughed, so I left.

Fast forward. NC unemployment security hit me with a nasty overpayment bill back in early February. They want over 24k back.

Did some investigation of my own and discovered my former employer was saying I was making 1100 - 1400 a week to unemployment security.

I wrote a thorough appeals letter proving I wasn’t making that much being furloughed and that the employer’s contribution was dead wrong. A month past and now the appeals deadline has passed and I still haven’t heard anything back from the auditor.

I contacted some of my former co-workers and they were also hit with overpayment from unemployment security.

I reinvestigated the audit and notice my employer was still saying I was making a full time salary, which that wasn’t true. My former company took the PPE loans as wel

To protect my bank account from being tampered with because the state failing to do their part, I hired a lawyer.

I think I may have uncovered some major fraud by my company. This wasn’t an accident if it’s happened to multiple co-workers.

if I didn’t get hit with such a nasty overpayment bill, I may would have let it slide, but now this shit has escalated much further than I would like to go with it. :smh:
Zero Zod Vaseline

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

We got you bro

They mess with the vulcans

They get the death grip.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Is this a North Carolina thing? I've never heard of such...but I've never been on unemployment so I don't know how it works

Naw, I got back in the workforce 3 month before I got hit with that bill.

I wasn’t even expecting it, but this is seemingly an NC thing.

Honestly, because so many people applied for unemployment when the pandemic hit, department of employment security were just rubber stamping applications in the millions.

Now that things are easing up, they don’t have enough staff to thoroughly audit potential fraud from applicants that applied.

So I am thinking they are just hitting most people with an overpayment bill, and then the people will either appeal (settle) or just take the debt because they don’t know what to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Naw, I got back in the workforce 3 month before I got hit with that bill.

I wasn’t even expecting it, but this is seemingly an NC thing.

Honestly, because so many people applied for unemployment when the pandemic hit, department of employment security were just rubber stamping applications in the millions.

Now that things are easing up, they don’t have enough staff to thoroughly audit potential fraud from applicants that applied.

So I am thinking they are just hitting most people with an overpayment bill, and then the people will either appeal (settle) or just take the debt because they don’t know what to do.

I just found out they did the same overpayment bullsh*t to my baby cousin in NJ

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
word. nurses can't find a vein and straight killing people but living the life.

You can't assign all of the blame to the employer. The employee sometimes remain in situations that isn't good for them.

I used to get upset at nurses who only worked at one place. I learned pretty early in my career that switching employers was like giving yourself a raise. Some years I switched employers more than 5 times. And when you run into these nurses you sometimes wonder if they're getting underpaid. Sometimes I feel like a free man talking to someone who couldn't even fathom Juneteeth.

I remember being a student nurse at a local hospital and the registered nurse couldn't even put in a catheter. I remember running into her at a whole foods and shorty had the big body benz. Little 4’10 white girl driving a $100k car and couldn't even do her job.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

It's starting up all over

I just texted my cousin and they pressing folk hard.

And I KNOW they didn't really overpay.

Gonna have to call legal on Monday cause it's not just unemployment it's rent too

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Vulcan king

You should see if any other employees at the old job if they got hit with that overpayment

Maybe you can link up with the same lawyer?

Imma PM you I might need that letter format for my cousin.

I have, but I think they are hesitant to escalate. Their bill wasn’t nearly as high, so they are taking the rape.

I can’t. We in house buying mode and I need to get this dark cloud away.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Had too.

“4 minutes to Wapner.” :lol:
I wish u woulda been my teacher growing up

my 3rd grade teacher gave me PTSD that I still suffer from

bitch used to lock me in a closed off Science room that had spider webs and dust everywhere

once mom found out she transfers me to another teacher.

if I ever see Mrs Christmas again. It won’t christmas

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay I see what the issue is now. Thanks for explaining.

I thought you meant that anyone who gets unemployment has to repay into the fund when you find a job and get back to work.

That would be double dipping by the state cause the unemployment fund is paid into by the companies if I'm not mistaken...not by the employees.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I wish u woulda been my teacher growing up

my 3rd grade teacher gave me PTSD that I still suffer from

bitch used to lock me in a closed off Science room that had spider webs and dust everywhere

once mom found out she transfers me to another teacher.

if I ever see Mrs Christmas again. It won’t christmas

Man, that’s foul as hell. But honestly I would have been a better college instructor for you than a 3rd grade teacher. :lol:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What kinda company did your cousin work for? Some smaller to mid size company or a big well known entity?
What the fuck is going on? Never heard of shit like this.
Good luck and you are a good dude for working to help your cousin out.
I respect that!

It's starting up all over

I just texted my cousin and they pressing folk hard.

And I KNOW they didn't really overpay.

Gonna have to call legal on Monday cause it's not just unemployment it's rent too

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Nigga not saving no jobs for us.. :smh:
Tito said he has his own pampers to nurse pipeline

remember his wife is obygn so has helped her deliver babies. He also said that he grooms and mentors young men to be successful in premed
He then hires them from his firm and replaces the old.

he know they are docile because he taught them at night school and other health clinics he operates in the week.

this guy is beyond amazing at his same 24 hours we all have.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I have, but I think they are hesitant to escalate. Their bill wasn’t nearly as high, so they are taking the rape.

I can’t. We in house buying mode and I need to get this dark cloud away.

As usual you doing the logical smart move

They gonna regret not following your lead.

My cousin was hesitant also, I has to press.

That is a whole other thread

why these humans even when innocent

even when they have the support and resources

Would rather just complain and bend over

And not FIGHT for what is right.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you elaborate this please?

I feel this is VERY important for me to have a clearer understanding on how this works.

Yeah now I'm no expert but I recall from Accounting that every company licensed by the State gets an unemployment fund tax that the COMPANY has to pay. All that money is what makes up the state's unemployment fund which they distribute if the employee meets the requirements.

They set the amount based on what your monthly income was. It sounds like they want you to repay the state and your issue is that you should owe much less than 24k because the employer sent your fulltime monthly incometo the State...never adjusted for the part time amount you were pulling down when you left.

It doesn't seem right to me that they want employees to repay the money but this is NC so I understand if the law was written that way.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How is your cousins handling it?

Silly human sh*t

Ignored it

Didn't tell me

Heard through the grapevine about it

So I had to press

Apparently they did some type of fair hearing? over the phone and it was all just yelling you owe the money you stole the money etc etc

I was like word?

Is this unemployment only or rent too?

It was to repay everything.

Ok I had a friend who works for victims of illegal housing practices and they got involved

But my cousin is "nervous "

You ain't do NOTHING WRONG! Why you nervous?

Folk AFRAID of their employer!

Even after they quit!

I'm going to call now to see what developed.

I'll PM you.