Picard Patrick Stewart New Star Trek Series

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why was Picard so hesitant to tell Guinan his name??? She already knew it from a hundred years earlier.

TBH, it didn't make any sense for him to have to reintroduce himself. If she can remember events from her childhood, she should be able to remember a bunch of humans from the future including an albino android being held at gunpoint by Mark Twain.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Why was Picard so hesitant to tell Guinan his name??? She already knew it from a hundred years earlier.

TBH, it didn't make any sense for him to have to reintroduce himself. If she can remember events from her childhood, she should be able to remember a bunch of humans from the future including an albino android being held at gunpoint by Mark Twain.

I was watching the whole episode thinking the exact same thing.
It's as if the writers forgot this ever happened.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Who's O?!?

He's a nigh omnipotent entity more powerful than individual Qs entrapped within the great barrier at the center of the Milky Way galaxy. He appeared in the Star Trek novels. He basically wipes out lesser beings for fun.

Last edited:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Other than the fact that Rios' Com-Badge was sitting on the front desk at that Pop-Up Med Clinic when he was arrested by ICE?
Only for Seven and Raffi trace the signal there, not even noticing the badge via their tricorder, and still able to trace Rios without it?

Did I miss something?

BTW...
Borg Queen is seductive as HELL!!!
I'd easily ASSIMILATE!!!

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Other than the fact that Rios' Com-Badge was sitting on the front desk at that Pop-Up Med Clinic when he was arrested by ICE?
Only for Seven and Raffi trace the signal there, not even noticing the badge via their tricorder, and still able to trace Rios without it?

Did I miss something?

BTW...
I'd easily ASSIMILATE!!!

I was waiting for them to grab the combadge, but they never did.

They were able to track Rios because he was in ICE's system. Raffi was able to hack into the ICE database with the police computer. From there she could see that he was being transferred via bus and track the bus.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was waiting for them to grab the combadge, but they never did.

They were able to track Rios because he was in ICE's system. Raffi was able to hack into the ICE database with the police computer. From there she could see that he was being transferred via bus and track the bus.

Okay.
Not noticing that Police Computer hack was My fault due to being on a phone call for a few minutes.

But that Com-Badge moment is going to end up a huge plot-point on down the line if it's not addressed by season's end.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
BTW...
I'd easily ASSIMILATE!!!
Thought she looked familiar..thats Renee from 24

vkgwquh2st801.jpg

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just got around to season 2 of Picard. So what is this? An entire season of a Mirror universe where the Federation are the bad guys? Interesting spin. First two episodes were solid. I don't remember being impressed with the first season or any the Discovery garbage

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just gonna say it....Patrick Stewart is prohibitively too old to be the star of whats essentially a scifi action story.

when the Original Series had its revival in the early 80s those actors were like in their 50s... Patrick Stewart is 80. He looks like an old man, he moves like an old man and his sounds like an old man. And I KNOW the story is about an older Picard but thats just TOO fuckin old. Like nursing home old.

The funny interesting part about all of this is there are people (on this board too) who complain and have issues with action stories where women who weight 105 pounds are kicking mens asses who are 3 times their size etc etc... yet so far....NO ONE has commented on an 80 year old white man running around the galaxy getting into gun fights and hand to hand combat :hmm::hmm::hmm: 11 pages in and other than me noticing itI haven't seen anyone else chime in on it.

ya'll see how easily and unconsciously white supremacy is accepted?? :smh::smh::smh:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm just gonna say it....Patrick Stewart is prohibitively too old to be the star of whats essentially a scifi action story.

when the Original Series had its revival in the early 80s those actors were like in their 50s... Patrick Stewart is 80. He looks like an old man, he moves like an old man and his sounds like an old man. And I KNOW the story is about an older Picard but thats just TOO fuckin old. Like nursing home old.

The funny interesting part about all of this is there are people (on this board too) who complain and have issues with action stories where women who weight 105 pounds are kicking mens asses who are 3 times their size etc etc... yet so far....NO ONE has commented on an 80 year old white man running around the galaxy getting into gun fights and hand to hand combat :hmm::hmm::hmm: 11 pages in and other than me noticing itI haven't seen anyone else chime in on it.

ya'll see how easily and unconsciously white supremacy is accepted?? :smh::smh::smh:

I grew up with Picard and TNG but I do agree Patrick Stewart is old (still a talented actor) but he is old, I'm glad this series is only going to go three seasons.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I must have missed him doing that stuff, but - yeah, if he was it'd be a hard sell.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just got around to season 2 of Picard. So what is this? An entire season of a Mirror universe where the Federation are the bad guys? Interesting spin. First two episodes were solid. I don't remember being impressed with the first season or any the Discovery garbage
According to them it's not the mirror but the regular universe. Q is messing with them because someone went back in time or, something happened that turned the Federation in that totalitarian regime.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

Let's not act like they are making him look like Superman. They haven't had him do a Bourne vs Desh type fight scene or anything close.

They brought on a young group so that they could do most of the action. Picard is portrayed as the old man he is. Whenever he runs, he's slow, out of breath, and trailing behind whomever he's running with.

I haven't seen anything in this series (specifically with Picard himself) that resembles Michael Burnham from Discovery beating up dudes several times her size.

He fought here for a grand total of a few seconds.

Let's also not forget that 80 for them is not like it is for us. For us, 80 means you could die of natural causes at any time. For people in the 24th century, 80 means they have another ~60 years to go. Mccoy was 137 years old when he talked to Data at Encounter at Farpoint.

Think of a man today in his late 60s or early 70s. Such a man would be old enough to get winded if he had to run, but is still young enough to punch someone in the face if he has to.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's not act like they are making him look like Superman. They haven't had him do a Bourne vs Desh type fight scene or anything close.

They brought on a young group so that they could do most of the action. Picard is portrayed as the old man he is. Whenever he runs, he's slow, out of breath, and trailing behind whomever he's running with.

I haven't seen anything in this series (specifically with Picard himself) that resembles Michael Burnham from Discovery beating up dudes several times her size.

He fought here for a grand total of a few seconds.

Let's also not forget that 80 for them is not like it is for us. For us, 80 means you could die of natural causes at any time. For people in the 24th century, 80 means they have another ~60 years to go. Mccoy was 137 years old when he talked to Data at Encounter at Farpoint.

Think of a man today in his late 60s or early 70s. Such a man would be old enough to get winded if he had to run, but is still young enough to punch someone in the face if he has to.

all these explanation for the old white man but no explanation for a futuristic black women... 80 year old men in the 24th century have all these advancements in health and medicine well into advanced age....

But a 30 year old black woman in the 24th century??? STILL can't do shit. Dont matter that she's trained in combat by vulcans or the impact of living on vulcan may have on her physiology... whether its the 23rd century or the 32nd...bitch can't do shit ever. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A black woman fighting like hell is unbelievable in the 23rd century but an 80 year old white man can take a shove by a muscular vulcan in the 24th century..

white man wins again...:smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
all these explanation for the old white man but no explanation for a futuristic black women... 80 year old men in the 24th century have all these advancements in health and medicine well into advanced age....

But a 30 year old black woman in the 24th century??? STILL can't do shit. Dont matter that she's trained in combat by vulcans or the impact living on vulcan may have on her physiology... whether its the 23rd century or the 32nd...bitch can't do shit ever. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

white man wins again...:smh::smh::smh:

Now post an example of Picard doing something that Patrick Stewart can't do.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now post an example of Picard doing something that Patrick Stewart can't do.

unless your saying stewart could do his own stunt?? or that if you exploded a bomb really close to stewart that blew him literally in the air an 80 year old man would survive?? :dunno::dunno::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

unless your saying stewart could do his own stunt?? or that if you exploded a bomb really close to stewart that blew him literally in the air an 80 year old man would survive?? :dunno::dunno::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, he could do his own stunt. There's a difference between choosing not to do something and not being able to do it. His legs broke his fall, they'd be fucked up, but he could survive that.

You're reaching with this shit man. It's one thing to not like the show, I thought the first season was okay at best. But to say that folks are giving him a pass because he's white is bullshit. Maybe just maybe, folks were fans of TNG.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, he could do his own stunt. There's a difference between choosing not to do something and not being able to do it. His legs broke his fall, they'd be fucked up, but he could survive that.

You're reaching with this shit man. It's one thing to not like the show, I thought the first season was okay at best. But to say that folks are giving him a pass because he's white is bullshit. Maybe just maybe, folks were fans of TNG.
:lol: really?? dude looks fragile as fuck and your saying he could survive an explosion at close range..:roflmao2: and I'm reaching...:rolleyes:

I'm a fan of TNG and picard/stewart is too damn old to be galivanting around like that..

and all I'm saying is its easier to accept an octogenarian men doing action than a young woman in a fictional story. And since we live in a society and world where whites dominate and are constantly presenting themselves as the end all and be all it normalizes the notion that a old as fuck Picard/Stewart can do his own stunts and survive a horrific explosion with no damage.

be honest would you believe the story if it starred say julie andrews (80)

1486766.jpg

Last edited:

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I got 3 episodes into season 3. Idk man I guess modern trek just isn't for me I will check back in season 3 for the tng cast.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
To be honest though I don't love or hate Wesley but Gene Roddenberry would not be cool with them basically erasing him from tng history.