Picard Patrick Stewart New Star Trek Series

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

191673637_10226891760106813_6386911923061697897_n.jpg

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Avery Brooks is retired and doesn't really even like trek like that.

Then get someone new, plenty of brothers who like and follow the genre as actors. This mf got one foot in and still stepping in the gas. Shit make Pickard black, I really don’t care.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah I disagree with that her character was never meant to be like that she was supposed to be mysterious
You can maintain mystique while also exploring her back story and further developing her as an active cast member. Also, dont give a huge tease between her and Q, build tension and anticipation and then pretend like it never happened. That was horrible writing.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
You can maintain mystique while also exploring her back story and further developing her as an active cast member. Also, dont give a huge tease between her and Q, build tension and anticipation and then pretend like it never happened. That was horrible writing.
Nah I disagree lol I liked the way they handled the character very similar to Garak it was things we had to guess that were never explained with him also I like that.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Man I such a TNG fan and DS9 fan.
I took three quizzes yesterday and respectfully scored 70, 77 and 90 on the most difficult.

The ones difficult to answer had to do with production features and episode numbers.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

The character of Q is an easy one to mess up. Writers from TNG wanted to have a meaningless episode where Q was just pissing Picard off the whole episode but Gene Roddenberry pulled the plug on that.

Q's interest in Picard always had a larger purpose. I hope they don't fuck this up.

Same thing with the borg queen. If they just have her say the words futile, resistance, assimilate, etc 50 times and nothing more, that'll be a waste.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
To hell with Patrick Stewart. He is 80+ and trying to get one last glorious ride.
He killed the Next Generation franchise, when he refused to participate in any
more movies because he said he did not want to get involved in any more "dark
themed" films. He went out to seek glory elsewhere, and when he was an old and
whizzened after thought, he decided to try and make a come back as a shell of his
former glorious Capt Pickard

christop

Rising Star
Registered

Yep I think about this quote all the time and a lot of other picard quotes. I wish star trek was still like this I don't like these nu treks because they don't even try to be intelligent imo and never drop jewels. Trek has gone downhill like rap has imo.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There are a lot of quotes from the show that stuck with me forever.

I'm going with this one.
This moment after Ro Laren defected to The Marquis was CLASSIC Patrick Stewart.
He didn't have to say a thing.
This is right behind the final scene of "THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" for Me...

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Yep I think about this quote all the time and a lot of other picard quotes. I wish star trek was still like this I don't like these nu treks because they don't even try to be intelligent imo and never drop jewels. Trek has gone downhill like rap has imo.
No actually lower decks is pretty good And it’s a star trek cartoon.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I'm going with this one.
This moment after Ro Laren defected to The Marquis was CLASSIC Patrick Stewart.
He didn't have to say a thing.
This is right behind the final scene of "THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" for Me...

Yep Ioved his acting in this scene.