Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was killed in a car accident today. He was 24

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@woodchuck

I must be the only one that finds the general collective shrug this young man's death received in the media especially ESPN is very very curious.

In my opinion, media-wise there isn’t much to talk about.

He had a short career and was hit by a car. The biggest question is why and what was he doing in the middle of the road?

Most wouldn’t knew who he was if he was standing right next to them so I don’t expect weeks worth of stories and news clips.

I’m saddened just like everyone else, but it seems like people have talked as much about Schefter’s tweet than they have Dwayne. :(

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In my opinion, media-wise there isn’t much to talk about.

He had a short career and was hit by a car. The biggest question is why and what was he doing in the middle of the road?

Most wouldn’t knew who he was if he was standing right next to them so I don’t expect weeks worth of stories and news clips.

I’m saddened just like everyone else, but it seems like people have talked as much about Schefter’s tweet than they have Dwayne. :(

I disagree

Unfortunately most nfl players who are not qbs are not highly recognizable period

And most white qbs are also cookie cutter.

That would not stop espn from talking about this on EVERY PLATFORM

If any other back up with a outstanding college career died and was white?

Trust it WOULD be a bigger deal

I already named specific players earlier I don't want to be morbid so I will not do so again.

But trust Mlb low level players have died with more outpouring.

I believe it is SPECIFICALLY because Shefter fumbled this so badly is why they decided to not go all out.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree

Unfortunately most nfl players who are not qbs are not highly recognizable period

And most white qbs are also cookie cutter.

That would not stop espn from talking about this on EVERY PLATFORM

If any other back up with a outstanding college career died and was white?

Trust it WOULD be a bigger deal

I already named specific players earlier I don't want to be morbid so I will not do so again.

But trust Mlb low level players have died with more outpouring.

I believe it is SPECIFICALLY because Shefter fumbled this so badly is why they decided to not go all out.

Trust me I hear you

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Trust me I hear you

Oh I know YOU know we just talking

all I'm saying

that young black man died...

and consider as you say he aint really famous

but two prominent white sports voices went OUT OF THEIR WAY to sh*t on that dead man name.

now imagine if Case Keenum or Josh Rosen had passed and Bomani and some Black college player said the EXACT same things?

Last edited:

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was so senseless. Use your cell phone :smh:

I got a flat on my drivers side and I didn't feel comfortable changing it, because there wasn't much space from the road. I used my insurance and called someone else to come change it.

I wonder if he had been drinking, since there was a drunk chick passed out in the car. Being drunk or at least buzzed could account for him making some bad decisions.

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor
Drunk as fuck. Comin from the club. Hit a car that was parked on the side of the road. Kept driving because he just got out of jail. His car ran out of antifreeze and overheated. He got out the whip and ran before the cops could get there.

Fam, this made sense if was true as I recall the post... but info released on what exactly happened hasn't matched for some obvious reasons, but curious if you still stand by this info you posted?

Thrill3Seeker

Rising Star
Registered
Fam, this made sense if was true as I recall the post... but info released on what exactly happened hasn't matched for some obvious reasons, but curious if you still stand by this info you posted?

Nah bro.I wasn’t talking about Haskins. I was talking about what happened to my neighbor a few months ago.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

48056f77c0e54208bfd63b736d905d86_md.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think the only thing the news of his intoxication let's you know of his mind state and why he was running out in the middle of the street

Sad ending

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
Wow. Glad this asshole didn't kill someone. Ketamine is some nasty shit. He must have been a real dope fiend.

Crashing your car while high on drugs and alcohol aint gonna make the meida go asay. Next time dont do dumb shit like this with a hooker in the car and shit on your own legacy.

Dwayne only has himself to blame. If his family wanted privacy, maybe they shouldn't have been enablers of the constant dumb shit this nigga was in to.

NFL needs to vet5 it players in check. Otherwise they are just as guilty for bankrolling the bs.

Even Wall St had to scale back salaries because of all the dryg use in the 2000s. They need to put 90% of the money these guys earn into a trust that is accessible after 35.

Iverson had it done for him and it worked out the best. Less dead and broke athletes are a good thing. It wont happen because their are too many parties interested in these guy constantly needing money.

The leech ass agents and owners who bring nothing to the table are ultimately responsible. If you bamkroll it then you are libel.

Corporate America needs to be made responsible for giving money to unreasonable people.