PlayStation ® PS5

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got Assassin Creed Valhalla, it's cool. If they would wait at least 2 or 3 years the game would be a lot better. Sometimes the game play can be a little janky but overall it's solid AC game. It could be better though.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Anybody else have a fucked up controller?

I'm playing Watch Dogs Legion right now and this is the first PS5 game I've played with some driving in it. I'm thinking the driving mechanics is fucked up, but really it's my triggers on my Dualsense. Then on the pause menu with the map, the triggers control the zoom, and the map just be zooming out all on it's own.

I also noticed some drifting when playing Yakuza, I think one of the sticks controls the free camera and sometimes when I sit the controller down, the camera will slowly slide on it's own.

I'm probably going to have to send this shit to PS Support.

I'm seeing online that these controllers are catching L's after a few months of use. I've had mine since late December.

Luckily, the bundle I got came with an extra controller, but I'm turning that haptic shit off. I feel like vibration always fucks up controllers. I went through like 3-4 Xbox One controllers last gen.

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah, my controller was fucking up yesterday when i was playing madden.

I'm playing Watch Dogs Legion right now and this is the first PS5 game I've played with some driving in it. I'm thinking the driving mechanics is fucked up, but really it's my triggers on my Dualsense. Then on the pause menu with the map, the triggers control the zoom, and the map just be zooming out all on it's own.

I also noticed some drifting when playing Yakuza, I think one of the sticks controls the free camera and sometimes when I sit the controller down, the camera will slowly slide on it's own.

I'm seeing online that these controllers are catching L's after a few months of use. I've had mine since late December.

Luckily, the bundle I got came with an extra controller, but I'm turning that haptic shit off. I feel like vibration always fucks up controllers. I went through like 3-4 Xbox One controllers last gen.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Don't turn haptic off. Some phenominal features with games are utilizing it. Just rotate controllers to cut down on wear and tear on them. It'll be aight.

jRskGj.jpg

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
This is only going to get worse.

Can't really speak on the larger node chips (>10nm) for everything from tvs to cars, but according to Lisa Su (Su da Gawd-ess of AMD), she mentioned that she expected the chip shortage for AMD would last through Q2. :dunno:

So there's some hope for those that don't have an XSX or PS5. And if that fails, scalpers are going to rack up.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Don't turn haptic off. Some phenominal features with games are utilizing it. Just rotate controllers to cut down on wear and tear on them. It'll be aight.

jRskGj.jpg

I'm good. I ain't gone miss it.

The way the inside of the controller is designed, the resistance from the haptic feedback will keep making the springs in the triggers keep popping off.

I'm going to use my 2nd one without it, then send my 1st one back to them in a few months hopefully after they done made some modifications to the design.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'm good. I ain't gone miss it.

The way the inside of the controller is designed, the resistance from the haptic feedback will keep making the springs in the triggers keep popping off.

I'm going to use my 2nd one without it, then send my 1st one back to them in a few months hopefully after they done made some modifications to the design.
I hear ya man. I play hockey, and that add a lot of wear and tear to the controller. You push that stick hard than a muthafucka to get up and down the ice. Ion give a fuck though. :dunno: I just rotate the two controllers and keep it pushin. I fucks with the haptic feedback. The vibration features in the new baseball game MLB the Show on PS5 I read are sick!!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Just imagine Resident Evil 8 wit that PS5 controller!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Keep it on bruh. You a good dude. You deserve to enjoy it all. Like Da Walsh bruh.

dAdwxS.jpg

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People waste money on all kinds of stupid shit (Starbucks for instance). A few extra hundred bucks for an item you REALLY want ain't gonna change the culture. Scalpers ain't going no where might as well just chock it to the game and get what you want.
Iook at it as me having to pay someone a cut in order to buy something. No dice

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This crazy! Thing is I always buy both consoles so I have a series X and Game pass Unlimited until late 2023. I don't get caught up in the whole console war thing. On the real tho, the main reason I got that series X was because of Game Pass and I like the PS5 because of the exclusive.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man ya'll can have the PS5 ...

My man just brought this to my attention

And you can't use more than one fuckin external drive! I was thinking of getting a bigger one then having the system copy it all over. Only one can be used at a time. Ugh!

So I looked it up and he is right.... You can't use more then one fucking external drive .

Until this is fixed what's the fucking point ..... Even with an 8tb external..... you aren't going to play Playstation 5 games on it. You will need the external SSD drive and 2TB is the biggest right now. So with the internal .... you would get maybe 2.5 Tbs for storage... MAX

With the size of these games .... This is horse shit....

I'm just going to wait until the PS5 pro...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I hear ya man. I play hockey, and that add a lot of wear and tear to the controller. You push that stick hard than a muthafucka to get up and down the ice. Ion give a fuck though. :dunno: I just rotate the two controllers and keep it pushin. I fucks with the haptic feedback. The vibration features in the new baseball game MLB the Show on PS5 I read are sick!!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Just imagine Resident Evil 8 wit that PS5 controller!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: Keep it on bruh. You a good dude. You deserve to enjoy it all. Like Da Walsh bruh.

dAdwxS.jpg

My major complaint on the PS5 controller is that that battery is going to be complete shit by the end of the year.... There's no way it's going to still keep a 6 Hr charge with everything going on with it during a game.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Man ya'll can have the PS5 ...

My man just brought this to my attention

So I looked it up and he is right.... You can't use more then one fucking external drive .

Until this is fixed what's the fucking point ..... Even with an 8tb external..... you aren't going to play Playstation 5 games on it. You will need the external SSD drive and 2TB is the biggest right now. So with the internal .... you would get maybe 2.5 Tbs for storage... MAX

With the size of these games .... This is horse shit....

I'm just going to wait until the PS5 pro...

Sony. :lol:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I mean seriously it's the exact same problem that I had with my Ps4pro ... exact same thing... Eventually I'm going to have to delete shit to play a game. ... and redownload it if I want to play later

With the size of these next gen games .... I would run out of space in less then a year.

At least with Xbox I can have 3 different externals running without issue ...

This is shit Sony should have fixed.... day one......

Niggas out here paying $500 dollars for this thing without even knowing what they are getting into.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
My major complaint on the PS5 controller is that that battery is going to be complete shit by the end of the year.... There's no way it's going to still keep a 6 Hr charge with everything going on with it during a game.
Good point. They gotta do better wit that. Still the best controller out though.

IB1IdI.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Good point. They gotta do better wit that. Still the best controller out though.

IB1IdI.jpg

I can’t say that yet... I think overall haptic triggers are nice... but if you go that’s route.. you need rechargeable batteries...

Or at least remove some of the other things that drain the battery like the speaker or the light...

It’s just too much going on constantly for a controller battery. Its nice now but eventually you till either need to open the controller and hope to change the battery... always have your controller near a usb cord or buy a new controller... I still have my 360 controller and the only thing slowing it down is that I need a new rechargeable battery..

I just don’t get why Sony added haptics but didn’t care to be concerned about the eventual battery issues... I’ve had every PlayStation but the 5 so far.. and every one of them eventually have the same controller life issues.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I can’t say that yet... I think overall haptic triggers are nice... but if you go that’s route.. you need rechargeable batteries...

Or at least remove some of the other things that drain the battery like the speaker or the light...

It’s just too much going on constantly for a controller battery. Its nice now but eventually you till either need to open the controller and hope to change the battery... always have your controller near a usb cord or buy a new controller... I still have my 360 controller and the only thing slowing it down is that I need a new rechargeable battery..

I just don’t get why Sony added haptics but didn’t care to be concerned about the eventual battery issues... I’ve had every PlayStation but the 5 so far.. and every one of them eventually have the same controller life issues.
I just hate the whole battery change concept on a controller. Seems cheesy. I'd rather plug the muthafucka up. Personally, I was looking forward to wireless charging on a controller somehow with where we are with technology. Just sit the controller on a pad to charge. Would be dope. Now of course you'd have to do what I do with that in mind and have an extra controller handy but that would work for me. Long as I can play two like Ernie Banks said (have another controller handy that is when one's battery is drained and has to charge) Ion give a fuck. :lol: :lol: :lol: Not a big deal.

u09VMH.jpg

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The battery life is better than what it was last Gen but it should be better tho. I don't sweat it too much because I always buy two controllers so as soon as the battery run down, I grab the other one and put the dead one on the charger.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I just hate the whole battery change concept on a controller. Seems cheesy. I'd rather plug the muthafucka up. Personally, I was looking forward to wireless charging on a controller somehow with where we are with technology. Just sit the controller on a pad to charge. Would be dope. Now of course you'd have to do what I do with that in mind and have an extra controller handy but that would work for me. Long as I can play two like Ernie Banks said (have another controller handy that is when one's battery is drained and has to charge) Ion give a fuck. :lol: :lol: :lol: Not a big deal.

u09VMH.jpg

Naw fam... being able to put a rechargeable battery pack in the controller is be way. Why have an entire extra controller to use when the battery drains ... when you can spend like 10 bucks for a new controller pack or if you want use batteries.. the key is having options.

Look at the price for a new PS5 controller.. that shit is crazy. Same for a new Xbox controller.. but the thing is .. I can buy a new Xbox controller if I want to and not because I have to.

I fucking hate the fact that I can’t play 2hrs straight without having to plug my PlayStation to a cord that’s connected to my console (because for some reason the damn controller will not charge unless it’s connected directly to the system)... the battery in this thing is shot.. just like on my PS3 and Ps2... if I don’t play it for a couple days it won’t fire up.. with the Xbox that’s an easy fix... for the PlayStation it’s not.

It’s an unnecessary step...

I just don’t get why... they refuse to fix this...

Being able to have a choice is a consumer friendly option.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
The battery life is better than what it was last Gen but it should be better tho. I don't sweat it too much because I always buy two controllers so as soon as the battery run down, I grab the other one and put the dead one on the charger.

The same for me...

But the problem..

Why... should consumers have to do this.

I only have one Xbox controller... I’ve been using the same Xbox one controller since my original Xbox one... been using it when I upgraded to the One x and been using when I upgraded to the Series X...

I’ve had 3 PlayStation controllers... from my original PS4 to my upgrade to the PS4 pro.

And with everything that this new controller is doing... I just see it having the same problem only quicker.....

Like no matter the battery life of your new phone ... it’s not going to last long if you constantly have the Flash light on every time you use it.