POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Plus, didn't Angie leave Jamie's life to go to private school at 15? If they lost touch after that, how much mileage can you get out of a show thst will presumably just cover their freshman and sophomore years of high school?
It doesn't sound like they're making a prequel about young Ghost, but if they did they would have way more story for it. How Ghost meets Tommy and become brothers for life. Ghost's upbringing with an alcoholic Dad who's jazz club dreams failed. Tommy growing up with Kate, not knowing he's a made man's kid. Ghost & Tommy meet Kanan, get put on, and become 2 of the biggest dealers in Queens while still in High School. The Ghost/Angie teenage love affair. The whole story about Breeze. Angie leaving for Choate, Ghost meeting Tasha. How Ghost ties into the RSK gang (he mentored Rolla & they held Kanan down while he was locked up). How Tommy gets cool with damn near every ethnic street gang in NY (Cubans, Ricans, Dominicans, Haitians, Serbians, Yakuza, Catholics). Ghost taking out Kanan & Breeze and linking up with Lobos to become the man we meet in the pilot episode.

There's so much story there but the Kanan show is gonna be set in the 80s with a young Kanan, so it's gonna predate most of that except for maybe Breeze.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
It doesn't sound like they're making a prequel about young Ghost, but if they did they would have way more story for it. How Ghost meets Tommy and become brothers for life. Ghost's upbringing with an alcoholic Dad who's jazz club dreams failed. Tommy growing up with Kate, not knowing he's a made man's kid. Ghost & Tommy meet Kanan, get put on, and become 2 of the biggest dealers in Queens while still in High School. The Ghost/Angie teenage love affair. The whole story about Breeze. Angie leaving for Choate, Ghost meeting Tasha. How Ghost ties into the RSK gang (he mentored Rolla & they held Kanan down while he was locked up). How Tommy gets cool with damn near every ethnic street gang in NY (Cubans, Ricans, Dominicans, Haitians, Serbians, Yakuza, Catholics). Ghost taking out Kanan & Breeze and linking up with Lobos to become the man we meet in the pilot episode.

There's so much story there but the Kanan show is gonna be set in the 80s with a young Kanan, so it's gonna predate most of that except for maybe Breeze.

I didn't give a fuck about the older Kanan, why the fuck would I care about the younger version.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
i'm sitting here thinking maybe i missed something, but yeah, what was the point of setting up Q? Dre is dead, he can't defend himself and they knew he was dead, so there was no point in framing him. and uhhh, are we ever gonna find out what that chic from the college was up to? guess they are saving that for next season.

tasha wore black all season, until she was finally arrested.

i'm glad 50 getting these shows made, and i'll watch, but the writing has to get better, seriously.

Power was probably the worse series i have ever watched from start to finish. Worse writing and worse character ever, Blanca. Tariq was leading that category until she showed up.
exactly! who was the school chick working for? i wonder if that somehow ties into the spinoff.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
That last episode was fucking horrible.

Only redeeming part was that Ghost left Tasha nadda. Shit was comedy. Cruel irony though that the person set to profit big time is the one that killed Ghost.

In the end their respective dirt caught up to both of them.

Muthafuckin Simons said he “couldn’t believe he lost James so young”; old slick mouth ass CAC had an equity stake in that man and his family to the damn end. :smh:

Not lost on me; Ghost’s drinking started getting a little bit out of control as the stakes got higher and his ego got bigger. Contributed a lot to how he was coming at Tariq during the last season IMO.

Last edited:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm not waching the sequels. The only 2 characters I cared about:Ghost and Angie, are dead. Don't care about Tariq.

Same here, the constant storyline involving those two why most people became hooked on the show. I sure as hell don’t wanna watch a spinoff based on Tariqs or Tommy’s characters

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Same here, the constant storyline involving those two why most people became hooked on the show. I sure as hell don’t wanna watch a spinoff based on Tariqs or Tommy’s characters

Right; Tariq has had two operations shut down already (one at both high schools); wtf he about to do now? Take over the game at some college? Fuck outta here; this dog needs to be permenatly put to pasture.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
In a real life situation Tasha would’ve been the main suspect with the plan she used. The dude you currently fucking killed your estranged husband, they would’ve had her ass at the station that night saying she had something to do with it

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
That last episode was fucking horrible.

Only redeeming part was that Ghost left Tasha nadda. Shit was comedy. Cruel irony though that the person set to profit big time is the one that killed Ghost.

In the end their respective dirt caught up to both of them.

Muthafuckin Simons said he “couldn’t believe he lost James so young”; old slick mouth ass CAC had an equity stake in that man and his family to the damn end. :smh:

Not lost on me; Ghost’s drinking started getting a little bit out of control as the stakes got higher and his ego got bigger. Contributed a lot to how he was coming at Tariq during the last season IMO.
ghost was feeling himself too hard. not caring what folks were saying to him. white dude he had james in tuck in albany.(big business) and james could rely on his funding and backing when he run and if he needed help. but white man always looked at james beneath him but he respected his mind. tasha been a smut. yeah yeah ghost fucked angela. but tasha fucked like 3-4 dudes . i'm surprised they didn't show ghost knocking down mad chicks. dude was focus.