POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
....but come on...when shit is badly written and acted, we shouldn't call it out?
Tyler Perry flicks should go uncritiqued too? :lol:

Yeah, it was cool.

You know niggas just can't take shit at face value.

Poking holes in the shit is redundant at this point.

"Where's the umbilical cord?" ass niggas

Nigga, this is TV!
....but come on...when shit is badly written and acted, we shouldn't call it out?

Some shit just ain't gone make sense, just take it for what it is.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol, but that was a sitcom. Sitcoms almost have to have shit like that. The wacky neighbor, somebody chasing somebody unrequited, etc.

Personally, I thought Jack Tripper not being attracted to Lana was unrealistic.

It was the sexual revolution and Jack was always trynna fuck something, so why wouldn't he fuck Lana, especially since she was essentially throwing it at him..

It's Three's Company, the simplest tv show in history and there's something that makes no sense.

this is the wrong thread isn't it?

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Having unbelievable shit... and the whole premise being poorly done in terms of writing and then poorly delivered in terms of acting are two different things. When Method Man is the best actor on a show, somebody fucked up.

You acting like a TV show must be believable to be good when literally every TV show, including BGOL's crown jewel, The Wire, had it's share of unbelievable shit.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I zone out so much watching this show i actually dont se some of the blatant plot holes
I actually laughed at the whole Jabari debacle oh and Tasha just coming and going as she pleased she did look great though...such a nice piece of chocolate

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chicks either fucking with tops on or the dude covering their tits. Lucky dudes I guess.

That's one of the reason why this show was wack!!..This ain't like the old Power we are use too...We use to see tits,ass,and good sex scenes!!..This show was on some BS!!..Fucking wack!!.. :smh:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Show was entertaining. People no longer expect Power to be great and know its wack from an artistic standpoint. But as mindless entertainment, it did well.

I worry about them and all these planned new shows though. That is a lot of mindless entertainment for people to overcome the essential wackness of the series. I am not sure if the general public can accept so much poor character development. The writer has to make every character so extra just to move the story along. Both professors acting super crazy, people still doing business with Saxe of all people, basketball star acting like he is damn near mentally challenged etc. That might work for a series at a time but a "universe" of that might finally be their undoing.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fucking Saxe continually getting another job is most bullshit as story line. Then again he is white and comes from money. The school storyline is so fucking dumb. An accelerated program to graduate early and they reading fucking Frankenstein with some half rate ass professors. In college Profs were never engaged like that.
who was the chick saxe was fucking?
that judge or that court reporter
either way she had a nice ass

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's a suggestion to everybody who gets butt-hurt by our criticizing the show....just start a thread for good reviews only and only read that thread.
I mean, we talk shit when shit talk is warranted, whether it's GoT, Walking Dead or whatever.

Here’s a suggestion to everyone who is complaining about the unrealistic nature of this show. Just don’t watch it. :rolleyes2:

Gye78

International
International Member
Man, shut the fuck up and get outta here!

You aint telling no one what the fuck they can comment on.

This is a discussion thread.

People gonna discuss.

Piss off.
I’m not telling anyone what they can and can’t comment on. I merely offered a suggestion to all the cats who feel so aggrieved by how unrealistic this show is.

Gye78

International
International Member
Here's a suggestion to everybody who gets butt-hurt by our criticizing the show....just start a thread for good reviews only and only read that thread.
I mean, we talk shit when shit talk is warranted, whether it's GoT, Walking Dead or whatever.
Listen it’s Power. Everyone should already know how garbage it’s gonna be. I only watch it by virtue of the fact that the show is a predominantly a black show and somewhat entertaining. But make no mistake, I’m fully aware of how crap it is.

madgoose

International
International Member
tommy was the best part

Ain't gonna lie, when I saw the back of the blue Mustang driving off the hairs on my arms stood up and I thought "at last this show is going to develop some pace", but no it was just an explaination of his leaving, Sikora played it militant though!

When Method Man is the best actor on a show, somebody fucked up.

It was good to see Meth was able to break free of the "thug" stereotype. He has been acting for a long time and has done alot of work in front of the cameras, probably had some lessons along the way, definetly worked with some people that could have helped develop his skills. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0541218/

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
I watch ep 10 the season finale, It was so so!!..Man, I like i said, it's time to end this show!!..I see they brought Tommy back in the season finale to get ready for his spin off show that's coming soon!!...Overall, This show is getting worst and wack!!.. :smh:..Time to end this BS!!

Tariq went from a scary, bratty, fuck up to a mastermind, hoe playa and a stone cold killer :lol: :hithead:

‘The funniest part of the show is the after show breakdown by Courtney Kemp, chick be all excited talking “this week we wanted to shock the crow blah blah blah”, I just laugh and be like all that shit was totally unbelievable..lol

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh trust, I know this, and I'm happy that he had successfully made that transition. I remember he talked about how people asked how Meth got on the Wire, and he said something along the lines of "meth went to the audition, won the part, showed up on time for read throughs and shoots, etc"... So he has been putting in work, and he was a good performer on this show.
.....but when he is the best on a show with that large of a cast, that's as a problem.
Now Mary J as an actor..... :lol:

It was good to see Meth was able to break free of the "thug" stereotype. He has been acting for a long time and has done alot of work in front of the cameras, probably had some lessons along the way, definetly worked with some people that could have helped develop his skills. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0541218/

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She is really into herself.

Tariq went from a scary, bratty, fuck up to a mastermind, hoe playa and a stone cold killer :lol: :hithead:

‘The funniest part of the show is the after show breakdown by Courtney Kemp, chick be all excited talking “this week we wanted to shock the crow blah blah blah”, I just laugh and be like all that shit was totally unbelievable..lol

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watch it cause I'm forced to but it does have a lot of killing so much killing til Mary J Blidges daughter on the show who looks older than she does killed me right onto sleep.

"Bitch got my Mcdonalds order wrong..."Kill em
"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." Kill em
"I'm bored as hell ...." Kill em

madgoose

International
International Member
Oh trust, I know this, and I'm happy that he had successfully made that transition. I remember he talked about how people asked how Meth got on the Wire, and he said something along the lines of "meth went to the audition, won the part, showed up on time for read throughs and shoots, etc"... So he has been putting in work, and he was a good performer on this show.
.....but when he is the best on a show with that large of a cast, that's as a problem.
Now Mary J as an actor..... :lol:

Yeah , MJB seems to be playing a "one mode" character.

Instead of all the designer clothes, they could use the budget to hire a writer from the Wire.

I noticed that, I was thinking what kind of budget does the warbdrobe have but they could be loans or FOCs. But usually they have more than one of each item in caseof mishaps. Wouldn't surprise me to learn 50 getting a cheque off of the designers for showcasing the apparel.