Red Dead Online/BGOL Posse Official Thread

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Ive already done all of the online story missions, but man these stranger missions just suck. And it seems like there's nothing else to do.

damn...that’s a shame...but I’ve heard a lot of folks express the same sentiment...I just started the online story and am enjoying the missions so far...I was hoping they’d have more “meaty” missions once I’m done but I guess that’s asking too much...I’d also like random roadside encounters/attacks from NPCs

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
my character looks like travis scott lol...that’s might fault tho...I was too lazy to customize every aspect of how he looked...they need better facial hair options for black characters tho smh
There's more options at the barber.

Reactions: LSN

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
finished the main online story...that was rather fast...quick gripes...my horse died when it tripped over a fence...that never happened during the regular story but I imagine it’ll be easier to kill your horse online forcing you to need to buy another one...while taking down a hideout...I must’ve dropped 20 bodies...all but the last 2 I killed disappeared which prevented me from looting them...absolute bullshit...again...this never happened during single player mode...bodies stayed were you left em smh...anyway online looks like it’s gonna be fun when it kicks off...the map is so damn huge that I didn’t realize there were other ppl in the lobby...most of them were lumped in saint denis and a few in valentine...I’m not ready for confrontations yet so I chilled @ the saloon in van horn...being able to enter places is an added bonus that I can use to my advantage once I’m ready to engage players...still getting a feel for online play tho

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
also dead eye works differently online...you can slow shit down slightly and shoot but you can’t mark your shots...which I guess makes sense for online play to keep it competitive

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
finished the main online story...that was rather fast...quick gripes...my horse died when it tripped over a fence...that never happened during the regular story but I imagine it’ll be easier to kill your horse online forcing you to need to buy another one...while taking down a hideout...I must’ve dropped 20 bodies...all but the last 2 I killed disappeared which prevented me from looting them...absolute bullshit...again...this never happened during single player mode...bodies stayed were you left em smh...anyway online looks like it’s gonna be fun when it kicks off...the map is so damn huge that I didn’t realize there were other ppl in the lobby...most of them were lumped in saint denis and a few in valentine...I’m not ready for confrontations yet so I chilled @ the saloon in van horn...being able to enter places is an added bonus that I can use to my advantage once I’m ready to engage players...still getting a feel for online play tho
1. The old Nag is meant to be shitty. You get another horse during a mission from those two brothers in Rhodes.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
damn...that’s a shame...but I’ve heard a lot of folks express the same sentiment...I just started the online story and am enjoying the missions so far...I was hoping they’d have more “meaty” missions once I’m done but I guess that’s asking too much...I’d also like random roadside encounters/attacks from NPCs
There's a few scattered about and gang hideouts pop up at random.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
also dead eye works differently online...you can slow shit down slightly and shoot but you can’t mark your shots...which I guess makes sense for online play to keep it competitive
The ability to mark your targets is an ability you have to equip once you've progressed and unlocked it.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
1. The old Nag is meant to be shitty. You get another horse during a mission from those two brothers in Rhodes.

ya I already got that...it was still a shitty way to lose a horse...hopefully that is only the case w/ that one

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
yet so I chilled @ the saloon in van horn...being able to enter places is an added bonus that I can use to my advantage once I’m ready to engage players...still getting a feel for online play tho
Nah what happened to all that talk about not doing missions?:rolleyes:
You don't wanna get into a fight with that weak ass repeater.
:lol:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Nah what happened to all that talk about not doing missions?:rolleyes:
You don't wanna get into a fight with that weak ass repeater.
:lol:

shit I’m have to do the missions to level up unfortunately...in GTA I was able to level up mostly by killing other players but ya these guns are mad weak early on...doing missions is going to be the fastest way for me to level up and get some real fire power then all I’ll need is a good $$$/gold glitch so I can finance my “griefing” wars lol...I swore early on I saw reports that you’d max out @ lvl 50 but I see it goes up to 100

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
shit I’m have to do the missions to level up unfortunately...in GTA I was able to level up mostly by killing other players but ya these guns are mad weak early on...doing missions is going to be the fastest way for me to level up and get some real fire power then all I’ll need is a good $$$/gold glitch so I can finance my “griefing” wars lol...I swore early on I saw reports that you’d max out @ lvl 50 but I see it goes up to 100
Man this ain't GTA. Seems like they want to discourage grifeing. You can get a repeater shotgun at lvl 12. But other players are still going to be using stronger weapons. You probably gonna take more deaths over time than dish them out. I know wanna unlock the explosive ammo.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Man this ain't GTA. Seems like they want to discourage grifeing. You can get a repeater shotgun at lvl 12. But other players are still going to be using stronger weapons. You probably gonna take more deaths over time than dish them out. I know wanna unlock the explosive ammo.

comes w/ the territory...I remember being a lvl 60 in GTA...these two brazilian dudes took turns blowing me up in tanks literally over 100x...I refused to quit tho...eventually got em out the tanks and killed them 30x (combined) in a row before they left lol...no exaggeration...w/ time I eventually became a beast...getting served while learning the ropes is part of the process

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
comes w/ the territory...I remember being a lvl 60 in GTA...these two brazilian dudes took turns blowing me up in tanks literally over 100x...I refused to quit tho...eventually got em out the tanks and killed them 30x (combined) in a row before they left lol...no exaggeration...w/ time I eventually became a beast...getting served while learning the ropes is part of the process
You rank up quick doing the main story missions it seems. I'll be on at some point. Gonna try watch the NBA games tonight. I'll run with you if they end up going south.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm HEATED. :hmm:
  • Ran a few missions out by Tumbleweed & Fort Mercer.
  • My horse gets killed during one of these missions.
  • And it was replaced with a Nag.
  • On my way back to my camp (which was in Lemoyne)... I spot a herd of 4 Mustangs. :eek:
  • So I spend the next 30 minutes tracking/chasing/catching/breaking one of these Mustangs.
  • Now I'm hyped. Finished the day with a MUCH BETTER horse than I started with. :yes:
  • Now I gotta find a Stable. :dunno: Quick.
  • So I spend the next 1.5 hours staying off the main roads... riding all thru the back country.
  • Just to avoid all the griefers who are 'camping' in all the towns, attacking anyone who visits a shop.
  • And they try to chase me.... if I just get "close" by a town... but they can't catch me on a Mustang. :rolleyes:
  • I spend all that time, finally reached a Stable... but could NOT save this damn horse. :hmm:
  • And eventually used Google learn that you cannot 'SAVE' wild horses you capture in the Online Mode. :hmm:
Wish I knew that beforehand. :smh: I wasted all that time. :smh: For Nothing.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm HEATED. :hmm:
  • Ran a few missions out by Tumbleweed & Fort Mercer.
  • My horse gets killed during one of these missions.
  • And it was replaced with a Nag.
  • On my way back to my camp (which was in Lemoyne)... I spot a herd of 4 Mustangs. :eek:
  • So I spend the next 30 minutes tracking/chasing/catching/breaking one of these Mustangs.
  • Now I'm hyped. Finished the day with a MUCH BETTER horse than I started with. :yes:
  • Now I gotta find a Stable. :dunno: Quick.
  • So I spend the next 1.5 hours staying off the main roads... riding all thru the back country.
  • Just to avoid all the griefers who are 'camping' in all the towns, attacking anyone who visits a shop.
  • And they try to chase me.... if I just get "close" by a town... but they can't catch me on a Mustang. :rolleyes:
  • I spend all that time, finally reached a Stable... but could NOT save this damn horse. :hmm:
  • And eventually used Google learn that you cannot 'SAVE' wild horses you capture in the Online Mode. :hmm:
Wish I knew that beforehand. :smh: I wasted all that time. :smh: For Nothing.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

damn...I understand the extra precaution tho...I saw a majority of pink dots lamping hard in saint denis...now I know why lol...I look forward to the day I can ride into town and light these fuckers up like clint eastwood in ‘unforgiven’ lmao...but ya...they’re gonna nickel and dime you w/ the horse shit (no pun)...I realized that when my horse died tripping over a fucking fence...R* owes me a black thoroughbred anyway since I bought the ultimate version...anyway to be fair this was the case in GTA where you could steal certain cars and keep/sell them...but the higher end cars you stole could only be used for a joyride...that’s why I won’t hesitate to exploit the first $$$/gold glitch they find

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Griefers try fuckin with me they gone learn there's STILL a lot of GTA in me and my gameplay.

So that fag Mr Boss FTW posted a spot you can go to in Saint Denis to get a lot of RP. You essentially start a little shit, get a wanted level, then climb this ladder to a roof and pick off cops as they climb the only ladder that leads to the roof.

I'm there doing the lil glitch or whatever and this dude come over there being nosey n shit. I notice he want to come up the ladder but he see me keep dropping cops as they do. So he starts shooting where he thinks I'm at... Just being a bitch...

I take a stick of dynamite, cook it a bit and throw it in the corner he was hiding.

Problem solved

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Apparently you only get gold nuggets is someone is doing a story mission for the first time. Anybody who has done the missions already just join me. I'm gonna try to knock them out this weekend. Think there's only around 6 missions. I've done 2 since the online tutorial.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Got to rank 14 tonight. Got lucky and got put on a solo server so didn't have to worry about players attacking during stranger missions. Picked the pump action shotty. Got a fishing reel even though they reduced the payout. R* gave me the $250 & 15 gold bars. Gonna choose on a rifle. I unlocked the rolling block but the firing rate is slow but its cheaper. The Litchfield rifle does about the same same as the rolling block but has better firing rate and reload. Need to get another horse or saddle upgrade.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
2 pro tips.

#1. Crouching and moving only with the left stick hides your radar from other players in RDR 1. So it should work to lose griefers and or get the drop on them for a sneak attack.

#2. Lock on to a target then slightly pull the stick back to go for a head shot.

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
game is gonna be crazy...just hit armadillo...but had to battle my way there...even tho I last left the game in van horn...I got spawned into this session dead ass in the middle of saint denis and got wrecked by a 3 man crew...but I got some licks in...made it to blackwater and started some shit w/ some dude over there...I need better guns lol...stealth mode helped a lot tho...thanks to @chrislee for the tip...

#1. Crouching and moving only with the left stick hides your radar from other players in RDR 1. So it should work to lose griefers and or get the drop on them for a sneak attack.

^^^ this shit is MAJOR!