'Sanford and Son' Thread

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Rollo and Lamont didn't get along off of camera....crazy I would of never thought that.Rollo was the Eddie Character from leave it to Beaver,the friend who's always got the best ideas til shit goes left.

I knew that Fred had Stymie from the Little Rascals as a recurring character on the show as his friends.

I knew that Fred had to be paid in cash for every ep he did and he wanted all of his cast members to be paid right after they get finished and they say cut.

Lamont said that Fred would show up when he felt like it and leave when he was finished,sometimes they would be waiting for hours and as soon as he hit the set he went right into character.

I know about these show because of my father and family sitting down and watching it even if its a rerun.
My favorite eps
-When Woodrow left Ester and was scared to tell her he wanted a divorce so Fred & Lamont was hyping him up to do it.
-Fred is sick in bed all day and everyone's coming to visit him....and his last visitors are Aunt Ester and her church gang coming up to his room singing.
-When Fred and Lamont goes on a vacation and fred is on the plane and he unwraps some aluminum foil full of fried chicken and Lamont is embarressed.
-Fred is in the court house over a ticket and he says the famous line "There's more N word in here than in a Tarzan movie"
-The Pool Table.....causes Fred to lose all of his friends
-Any eps with May Hopkins....Fred frowning up his face as soon as she walks in the door.

"You better watch it SUCKA!"
Damn. Never knew Rollo and Lamont never got along off the set.

HeDmjG.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
A Lot of people mentioned the traffic court episode. Famous for Fred saying "There's more Niccas in here than a Tarzan movie" in the courtroom scene
That whole bit starting from where Fred asked"Why dont you arrest some White drivers..?"was unscripted..then before he said theTarzan movie line Redd had to wait for both the studio audience and the people on set to quiet down..off camera Demond Wilson and the actor who played the judge almost fell out their chairs laughing after Redd said "Look at all these n----ers in here!" :lol:

Fred hit em with that "Truckin..." at the end. LOL
onion stew .....
Rollo's reaction when he smelled it.."GAWD!!!!" :roflmao2:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That whole bit starting from where Fred asked"Why dont you arrest some White drivers..?"was unscripted..then before he said theTarzan movie line Redd had to wait for both the studio audience and the people on set to quiet down..off camera Demond Wilson and the actor who played the judge almost fell out their chairs laughing after Redd said "Look at all these n----ers in here!" :lol:

Rollo's reaction when he smelled it.."GAWD!!!!" :roflmao2:
Rollo was mad as shit at the end when the girls was feelin' Fred. :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

eFhDBs.jpg

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Never knew Redd Foxx paid out of his own pocket money to sing the Ink Spots songs on the show.

@34real Your right. He mentions Rollo and Lamont not getting along behind the camera.

cHcaOB.jpg

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real question. Is Sanford and Son the funniest show in TV history? I say it is. I watched it when I was a kid and I watch it now and I laugh my ass off just like I did then. It holds up tremendously. I watch other shows from the past and they are not funny cause the humor doesn’t translate to today.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Real question. Is Sanford and Son the funniest show in TV history? I say it is. I watched it when I was a kid and I watch it now and I laugh my ass off just like I did then. It holds up tremendously. I watch other shows from the past and they are not funny cause the humor doesn’t translate to today.
This is actually a very good question you bring up J. I really think it is. This and All In the Family for me are two of the greatest shows in television history. One of my favorite episodes was when Fred called the gameshow host a bigot. SHIT STILL HAS ME IN TEARS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

4YSmv1.jpg

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
if I'm channel surfing, dead stop .....

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
This is actually a very good question you bring up J. I really think it is. This and All In the Family for me are two of the greatest shows in television history. One of my favorite episodes was when Fred called the gameshow host a bigot. SHIT STILL HAS ME IN TEARS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

4YSmv1.jpg

the seriousness in his face tho .....

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's a tough one. I've watched a lot of TV but I haven't seen everything. I've watched "I Love Lucy," "The Honey Mooners," "I Dream of Jeanie" Bewitched, "Get Smart," "The Bill Cosby Show," "Barney Miller," " All in The Family" "Gilligans Island," "Maude," "Soap," "Good Times," "The Jeffersons" just to name a few from the 50s until the late 70s. I would put the best three seasons (2,3,4) of "Sanford and Son" against the best of any Sitcom of the last 50yrs. It's easily a top 5 from the 70s, IMHO. At one point, Sanford & Son was coming on twice a week, and the rerun was winning its timeslot. It has been said that ABC gave Redd Foxx that huge contract so that they wouldn't have to face him every week.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I can't even type thinking about it....LMFAO

The funniest episode ever, was when
Took the Ole Lady out to eat on our Anniversary on the 14th. Was mad as hell that she didnt bring my ripple in her purse. We could have mixed these together....

said Gorilla Cookies.

It stopped being funny to me because I got banned for six months for making that joke.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sanford-and-son-pictured-redd-foxx-as-fred-g-sanford-demond-wilson-as-lamont-sanford.jpg

sanford-and-son-season-1-pictured-redd-foxx-as-fred-g-sanford-demond-wilson-as-lamont-sanford.jpg

sanford-and-son-season-1-pictured-redd-foxx-as-fred-g-sanford-demond-wilson-as-lamont-sanford.jpg

sanford-son-season-1-pictured-redd-foxx-as-fred-g-sanford-demond-wilson-as-lamont-sanford.jpg

SANFORD AND SON -- Season 1 -- Pictured: (l-r) Redd Foxx as Fred G. Sanford, Demond Wilson as Lamont Sanford

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Subjective, but I've never laughed that hard for any other TV show. The only ones close to it for me have been Night Court and Married with Children.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea it might be the best. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is high up their too.