Sci Fi Heads (Star Wars / Star Trek): Federation Vs Dominion Vs The Republic Vs Separatists

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Like Johnathan Frakes,
Visitor has become a "STAR TREK" Standard-Bearer. Of Course most specifically for "DS9".
The show that even many Black Folks initially ripped on.
But as it found new life on Streaming (first NetFlix, now Paramount+),
Everyone is now realizing how GREAT that show was/is.

I truly feel that Visitor has taken that Standard-Bearer role as a respectful tribute to Avery Brooks.
Primarily because of all the shit He went through during that series.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like Johnathan Frakes,
Visitor has become a "STAR TREK" Standard-Bearer. Of Course most specifically for "DS9".
The show that even many Black Folks initially ripped on.
But as it found new life on Streaming (first NetFlix, now Paramount+),
Everyone is now realizing how GREAT that show was/is.

I truly feel that Visitor has taken that Standard-Bearer role as a respectful tribute to Avery Brooks.
Primarily because of all the shit He went through during that series.
Who...Hawk in space? :giggle:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
vulcan-sex-games..gif

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

It can be done if done right like they did with Spock, where the character is relevant and doesn't overshadow the new crew. They can do a story line where they back up their memories or create holograms based on programmable information, like Geordi did for Dr Braham, and keep them coming back in one way or the other for centuries to seek the wisdom of elders. That said, I have not watched one episode of Picard or any of the new ones since Enterprise with Scott Bakula. I know, "BAD CAMILLE!!!!"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It can be done if done right like they did with Spock, where the character is relevant and doesn't overshadow the new crew. They can do a story line where they back up their memories or create holograms based on programmable information, like Geordi did for Dr Braham, and keep them coming back in one way or the other for centuries to seek the wisdom of elders. That said, I have not watched one episode of Picard or any of the new ones since Enterprise with Scott Bakula. I know, "BAD CAMILLE!!!!"

Whelp Bad Playa too then

We can be bad together

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
As I stated years ago, the Star Trek platform, can somewhat be achieved in a few hundred years Star Wars is too much of a fantasy. I just hope we don’t run into no alien species like the Borg or we are screwed.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A general rule with “Star Trek” shows is that they get off to a rough start, and it often isn’t until around the third season that they hit their stride.

There’s the odd exception like the original series or “Strange New Worlds,” but the rule held true for ‘The Next Generation,’ ‘Deep Space Nine,’ ‘Voyager,’ ‘Enterprise,’ ‘Discovery’ and ‘Picard’. The result is a first two seasons that are usually a mixed bag.

“Star Trek: The Next Generation”, for example, had some great ones, including “Conspiracy,” “The Measure of a Man,” and “Q Who”. It also had some cringe-inducing duds like the clip show “Shades of Gray” which came at the end of a season that was a victim of that year’s writer’s strike.

Almost on par with both that episode and the final season’s legendarily terrible “Sub Rosa,” is the third episode of the show’s first season – “Code of Honor”. The episode sees Lt. Tasha Yar fighting for her life after the ruler of Ligon II wants to take her as his new bride (by having Tasha kill his current wife and inherit her holdings).

Multiple confusing creative choices led to an episode chock full of racial stereotypes that were badly dated even back then, along with incredibly misogynist and sexist language (the original plan was rumored to have been a reptilian race with a samurai-style influence). The cast has discussed the episode in the past in a negative light, including franchise mainstay Jonathan Frakes who said back in 2007 he hoped to see the episode struck from reruns and home video.

Sixteen years later, at a time when numerous shows have pulled controversial episodes from their streaming libraries due to derogatory content within, Frakes is repeating that call.

Speaking with TrekMovie this week, he said it was surprising that the episode hadn’t been removed from rotation already. When told the episode was still up on services like Paramount+ and Hulu, he reportedly was a little shocked:

When the interviewer suggested the episode remain but with a disclaimer warning, Frakes was said to have only partly agreed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
\

In the case of Star Trek: Prodigy, the animated series' cancelation comes as it had already been renewed for season 2. That new season will complete post-production, but the studio will be looking for a new home for it. Meanwhile, season 1 will be coming off of the streaming service shortly.