Shogun - New Mini-Series Debut On FX

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Original Shōgun Miniseries Is Finally Streaming

You can watch all 5 episodes (and their cool, vintage, slightly too-long opening credits) on Paramount+.

By Bethy Squires
MAY 26, 2024

p7519_p_v8_aa.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Shōgun Star Moeka Hoshi Reflects On Playing Fan-Favorite Character Usami Fuji In The Hit Series

Shōgun TV show brought 1600 Japan to life with stunning detail & strong performances by a cast which includes Hiroyuki Sanada and Cosmo Jarvis.
Hoshi reflects on portraying Fuji and her experience working with Jarvis, highlighting unique communication on set.

Owen Danoff
June 20, 2024

sho-gun-star-moeka-hoshi-talks-playing-fan-favorite-character-usami-fuji-in-the-hit-series.jpg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
What’s your point in making these posts?

shot for shot remake from the original mini series I'm guessing.
No real point, I'm just rewatching both series on dual monitors and seeing the parallels and differences is crazy.

The 2024 version restructures some plot points to happen at different times in the story, but overall both versions are amazing. There is also much more female samauri action in the modern city. I'm also listening to the audiobook in between viewings.

The 1980 version has WAY more long establishing shots when they're just riding horses thru the countryside while the score plays in the background or the narrator talks to fill in the scene because they don't use any subtitles. If anything else, it highlights just how differently TV worked back then.

If I taken anything from this rewatch and listen is that (and I say it again) this story has a satisfying beginning, middle, & ending and really doesn't need a season 2 but :dunno: whatever

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Also they used real fire and explosions in the 80s version during the ninja attack.

I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but I'm pretty sure a few of those stunt people caught some real injuries while filming that sequence.

I miss the days before CGI when action director had to sacrifice a stunt person or two to get the shot. Now that's real film making :lol:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Also they used real fire and explosions in the 80s version during the ninja attack.

I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but I'm pretty sure a few of those stunt people caught some real injuries while filming that sequence.

I miss the days before CGI when action director had to sacrifice a stunt person or two to get the shot. Now that's real film making :lol:
GiYk.gif