Some of yall still don't pay for music?

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Apple, YouTube music, Amazon, Spotify, Tidal

At or around
$9.99 for one person
$14.99 for up to six people.

Man that shit is a steal to get any song you want. Further more with YouTube music you get YouTube ad free. That shit is a steal to me.
Shit so cheap it's not worth the hassle of trying to get free music anymore.

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Music has been free since limewire or whatever that shit was called.

I appreciate music better when its free,I choose what I want to hear,when,where and how...

Same with streaming. I choose what I want to hear. When where and how. With no hassles.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member

At or around
$9.99 for one person

Man that shit is a steal to get any song you want. Further more with YouTube music you get YouTube ad free. That shit is a steal to me.
what advantages are there to paying for youtbe music

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I stopped doing the free thing once I got Spotify. It was just so much more convenient to access and discover new stuff. However there is a limitation to that as everything is not available for streaming.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I pay for pandora. It’s 5.34 a month. But the downside is that there are a few. A very small few of songs/play list that are unavailable. I get they there’s contract disputes and whatnot but when I want to hear music I don’t want to wait for the companies to sort it out. I will always be a proponent of free 99.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

At or around
$9.99 for one person

The music industry execs, back in the 2000's did a study about music consumer spending and found that the average music consumer paid $40 a year for music. So they devised a plan around the mp3 market at the time (napster, limewire) to charge $9.99 monthly for the consumer to access any music they wanted, resulting in the consumer paying $120 per year rather than $40. Once they reached a certain number of subscribers worldwide (500 million subscribers), it would not only equal the amount of revenue generated at the height of the CD era, it would also surpass it.

In that same era at the same time, the picture was painted that people were buying less cd's because of online piracy and record labels were "losing money" so they had to start doing 360 deals with artists to recoup this loss in sales from the decline of cd's.

You see what just happened?

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
YouTube to MP3 site, just post your YouTube links and click convert.

You'll be presented with an option to download MP3 file.

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been having YouTube music since it switched over from Google music. But my regular YouTube still shows Ads:confused: I mainly watch it through my Google Chrome so I will only have to see one Ad at the beginning of each video.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Don't forget YouTube will let you create playlists for FREE!

Basically to log into your YouTube account create a playlist by name and add songs/videos to that list. You can make your list visible to the public if you choose.

I have several different playlist for different genres of songs. I got HipHop/Rap, Oldies, R&B, Mellow Mood, and Pop.

For those that like the original quiet storm, this link is FIRE, there are 450 songs in this list.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why pay when you can get things for free with just a little knowledge or effort?

DJ Jazzy Jeff, the Blend Compadres, and The Roots YouTube channels are enough music for me.

I watch any movie or TV show at home free as well.

I don't care if it's a dollar a year, why pay when I know how to get it free?

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
YouTube Music Premium gives you access to a library of 70 million songs, personalized playlists, and music videos. Plus YouTube ad free.
Also the ability to upload up to 100,000 of your own audio files to stream from the cloud if needed for free.

Hope they paying you for pushing their products. Ever since Morpheus and Napster niggaz like me and millions of others have been enjoying music for free. Man especially after torrents came along and you can download whole discographies, it's been a wrap, a nail in the coffin. The only time I pay for music is when I support my young homies who rap. I have been to multiple concerts thanks to my old job and snuck into a few fuckin around outside the venue. But paying for music is silly at this point folks got way bigger fish to fry. I don't even pay for Netflix. Hit up torrent sites and download any show or movie or hit up free movie/show sites.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
I agree with paying for music. However, I haven't paid for music in decades. It's just easier and more convenient for me to get the song for free.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The benefit for me of Youtube Music vs downloading music is that it curates playlists based on your likings. I listen to a wide range of music, so what I like about the playlists are that there's 1 that's a mix of all my likes, then several other mixes based on what I like but broken up into different genres, so it will have a hip hop mix with most of the songs it knows I already like plus others that have similar sounds (helps discover new music), then there'll be a dancehall mix, a rock mix, etc... I just pick which one I'm in the mood for and I'm good to go.

Plus it also downloads music to your phone so you can listen offline, helps a ton when I'm on a flight and there's no wifi. I currently have over 4hrs of music downloaded through Youtube music on my device. And there's no hassle with having to manually download and organize everything yourself.

Then it has playlists made by other people, playlists made for different decades of genres, etc.. Like yesterday I tried the hip hop 00's playlist, nothing but classics, no songs came up I had to skip.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I drive quite a bit and the regular radio sucks so I got the spotify premium. We also use Audible for audio books.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
YouTube to MP3 converter and 2 thumb drives in my car. Last album I bought was Jay Z's last album. Between that and Sirius XM, I'm good. That being said, I mostly play older cuts and live concerts.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm not sure why but I haven't had an ad on youtube in over a decade. And its been even longer than that since I've actually paid for music. Anyone still paying for music in 2023 is pissing in the wind.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Music has been free since limewire or whatever that shit was called.

I appreciate music better when its free,I choose what I want to hear,when,where and how...

This. I spend about an hour a week downloading new shit. 1 song I like, fuck it get their entire catalog and see what they on. I aint paid for music since Sean Paul's "The trinity." :lol:

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
On BGOL everyone is a millionaire, but acts like they're homeless. Ten dollars a month is going to affect your quality of life?

Time has value. I'd rather pay a small amount a month rather than spending time

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Last music I paid for was Dead Prez.

deadprez.jpg

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On BGOL everyone is a millionaire, but acts like they're homeless. Ten dollars a month is going to affect your quality of life?

Time has value. I'd rather pay a small amount a month rather than spending time

Naaa. It's just that typing in someone's name, pushing a few keys/mouse clicks and having most of their work in 30 minutes or less aint time consuming...

humble

Rising Star
Registered

At or around
$9.99 for one person

facts! YouTube Premium is awesome!!!