Some of yall still don't pay for music?

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brah the fee I pay for what I obtain through these Internets is the knowledge of how to get what I want without any financial transactions. Oh and I got that Pandora unlocked as well. Almost forgot about that one since I rarely use it. As I tend to want to listen to specific songs or mixes.

Bruh, ever since my last android update I cannot get any pandora apps to work....... really aggravating because I used to have that joint right when they got the video ads and replay feature, skipped all the ads would replay tracks, songs on demand and everything..... now I'm out here getting ads every 4-5 songs like damn no wonder mfkrs just pay

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The cell phone and internet and voice over IP threw the brakes on the landline phone companies and their big pimping. I remember getting my first legit cellphone in 1997. I could make international calls way cheaper than I could with a landline. Then I got with Nextel and by some time around 2001 we were able to chirp nationally. That really changed the game since cell phone calls to other states and towns by that time weren't considered long distance. Ma Bell had no choice but to read the writing on the walls and knock it off with all that long distance billing. To see all that happen in less than a decade was impressive.

Well said. It definitely slowed down landline companies & their bullshit tactics.

If I remember correctly my pops would be calling some relatives 1 province over and paying $0.25 a minute some 20+ years ago. I couldn’t help but think .. “what is this? Some type of party / dating line at that premium?”

In more recent years it’s some 5 cents a minute which is much more reasonsble for older folks.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Bruh, ever since my last android update I cannot get any pandora apps to work....... really aggravating because I used to have that joint right when they got the video ads and replay feature, skipped all the ads would replay tracks, songs on demand and everything..... now I'm out here getting ads every 4-5 songs like damn no wonder mfkrs just pay

If you haven't already done so. Try using the information in the screen shot for your private DNS settings.

611419d82f93bc3eef3a17fcac477965.jpg

Well said. It definitely slowed down landline companies & their bullshit tactics.

If I remember correctly my pops would be calling some relatives 1 province over and paying $0.25 a minute some 20+ years ago. I couldn’t help but think .. “what is this? Some type of party / dating line at that premium?”

In more recent years it’s some 5 cents a minute which is much more reasonsble for older folks.

Aw man. I remember when Sprint came with the 10¢ a minute for long distance calls to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada deal. Then MCI gave me the same reach of calling for 5¢ minute. That was around 1999.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
If you haven't already done so. Try using the information in the screen shot for your private DNS settings.

611419d82f93bc3eef3a17fcac477965.jpg

Aw man. I remember when Sprint came with the 10¢ a minute for long distance calls to anywhere in the U.S. & Canada deal. Then MCI gave me the same reach of calling for 5¢ minute. That was around 1999.

Thanks for the intel re: DNS settings.

Got my first cellphone in 2004. Needed it for oncall work at a few organizations. Gave the number out to a few of my online contacts and I’m leaving my mom’s place driving down the road and a friend of mine in Memphis is calling me. Thought that was cool as fuck. Then a few days later another friend in San Fran called on a Sat morning. Sexiest voice I have ever heard in my life. Told her that. All I could think was ... pure raw vocals energy! My God ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Lexx Diamond

Good callback to WinAmp too! I really liked it as well. Always worked fine and I liked the layout.

Funny side music story that I mentioned on the board a few times. I won a prize pack somewhere around 1999 - 2001. It included CDs, clothes, shoes & an early mp3 player. Rioport ... 32mb or just over of storage, lol. Basically held about 8 songs from P2p downloads.

I kept it in the box for ages. Tried to sell it online or to college friends. No one was too keen and wondered how much 32mb could actually hold. Eventually I said fuck it and loaded 8 songs and would rotate them out a few times weekly. Played the songs while walking to and from streetball, and while playing (one earbud in). Also while doing my little landscaping jobs in college. A simpler time, lol. 32mb storage!

Got my first ipod touch in the summer of 2009.

Played the fuck out of the Rioport for a few years. Prior to that it was the Discman on the bus or skytrain to college.