Squid Game (2021) Netflix Asian Drama Series (looks incredible) Drops 9/17

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Sometimes a person has to face extreme circumstances for them to get it.

His daughter was well-taken care of. Therefore, the sense of urgency was different.

However, when you are facing death, you act differently. You move differently. You will work harder in other areas, where you wouldn't have before.

For example, my student. If I don't put in zeroes for missing work, they tend to continue to slack off. But the moment I start to place zeroes in the grade book, I start getting several emails on what they can do to bring it up to make up work. The effort level changes when the results don't favor their potential outcome.

edit: ^^ That was a terrible example after rereading what I said :lol:
example was good cause its true ole pointdexter

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
252741840_4735535569870413_7720589506049859780_n.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
RAAAAAAWWWW!!!!

LV-Ad.jpg

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I’ve seen a lot of Korean movies on Netflix, but I can only give this 5 out of 10…

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m trying. It doesn’t grab me. I hate being that guy but I don’t like it. Maybe it’s the level of death. Taken me two months to watch 7 episodes.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Green light! Netflix boss confirms Squid Game season 2 is 'absolutely' happening

Game on.
By Sydney BucksbaumJanuary 20, 2022 at 07:47 PM EST

Netflix just gave Squid Game season 2 the green light.
During the streaming giant's fourth-quarter 2021 earnings interview Thursday, co-CEO and chief content officer Ted Sarandos was asked if the hit Korean survival drama would be returning for a second season. "Absolutely," Sarandos said. "The Squid Game universe has just begun."
It's no surprise that Netflix renewed Squid Game, given how astronomically the show proved to be. Released in September with little fanfare, it quickly became the platform's biggest series launch ever and the first Korean series to hit No. 1 in the U.S. It topped the charts in all 94 countries where Netflix has a top-10 list as well. It was, in short, an international phenomenon.

Lee Jung-Jae on 'Squid Game'

| CREDIT: NETFLIX
In the wake of that global success, Squid Game creator and director Hwang Dong-hyuk has repeatedly said he's been hard at work developing a second season, despite not having an official renewal until now. Season 1 ended — spoiler alert! — with Seong Gi-hun, a.k.a. Player 456 (Lee Jung-jae), deciding not to get on a plane to see his daughter and instead turning around on the jet bridge to seek revenge on the sadistic game that left 455 other contestants dead and almost cost him his life.
Enter your email to sign up for our daily newsletters.
close dialog
Are you an Academy or Guild member?
Sign up for the Awardist newsletter, featuring expert awards season analysis from EW editors and interviews with top contenders.

COUNT ME IN
Privacy Policy
|
Terms of Service
"As you can imagine, I've been getting so many comments and questions about season 2," Hwang previously told EW. "I do have the basic story line in my head. I am in the process currently of brainstorming the details… In the first season that we saw Gi-hun is a character whose humanity is shown through or exposed in certain situations. In other words, his humanity is shown through a very passive manner. But I would think that in the second season, what he has learned from the games and his experience in the first season, they will all be put to use in a more active manner."

He continued: "At the same time, as for the Front Man [Lee Byung-hun] who was also a past winner but became a Front Man, it's like Darth Vader. Some end up Jedi and some become Darth Vader, right? I think that maybe Gi-hun will go through a certain critical point where he is put through a test as well."

@fonzerrillii

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Green light! Netflix boss confirms Squid Game season 2 is 'absolutely' happening

Game on.

During the streaming giant's fourth-quarter 2021 earnings interview Thursday, co-CEO and chief content officer Ted Sarandos was asked if the hit Korean survival drama would be returning for a second season. "Absolutely," Sarandos said. "The Squid Game universe has just begun."
It's no surprise that Netflix renewed Squid Game, given how astronomically the show proved to be. Released in September with little fanfare, it quickly became the platform's biggest series launch ever and the first Korean series to hit No. 1 in the U.S. It topped the charts in all 94 countries where Netflix has a top-10 list as well. It was, in short, an international phenomenon.

In the wake of that global success, Squid Game creator and director Hwang Dong-hyuk has repeatedly said he's been hard at work developing a second season, despite not having an official renewal until now. Season 1 ended — spoiler alert! — with Seong Gi-hun, a.k.a. Player 456 (Lee Jung-jae), deciding not to get on a plane to see his daughter and instead turning around on the jet bridge to seek revenge on the sadistic game that left 455 other contestants dead and almost cost him his life.
close dialog
Sign up for the Awardist newsletter, featuring expert awards season analysis from EW editors and interviews with top contenders.

COUNT ME IN
Privacy Policy
|
Terms of Service
"As you can imagine, I've been getting so many comments and questions about season 2," Hwang previously told EW. "I do have the basic story line in my head. I am in the process currently of brainstorming the details… In the first season that we saw Gi-hun is a character whose humanity is shown through or exposed in certain situations. In other words, his humanity is shown through a very passive manner. But I would think that in the second season, what he has learned from the games and his experience in the first season, they will all be put to use in a more active manner."

He continued: "At the same time, as for the Front Man [Lee Byung-hun] who was also a past winner but became a Front Man, it's like Darth Vader. Some end up Jedi and some become Darth Vader, right? I think that maybe Gi-hun will go through a certain critical point where he is put through a test as well."

@fonzerrillii

Let that shit breathe fam..... I know he was holding on to this baby for like 10-12 years....but don't rush and put out a shitty product

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Game on.

close dialog

COUNT ME IN
Privacy Policy
|
Terms of Service

@fonzerrillii

Looking forward to the second season.