Squid Game (2021) Netflix Asian Drama Series (looks incredible) Drops 9/17

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I cannot wait for your review

Wealth, power, desperation, relationships, and free will.

This series has touched on a multitude of human sociology and psychology.

Overall, the series is very intriguing—excellent character development, which allows you to see why the people are there in the first place.

First of all, nobody made those people COMEBACK, so they knew what they were facing. Free will.

There is a metaphor of debt, depth, and death, and how they relate to the players. Two games featured the players falling to their death.

They built a level of teamwork in trust, which was eventually the demise of the partners they chose in the next game.

The marble game showed how relationships have a ceiling when faced with decisions that are not good. Because in the end, the first natural human instinct kicks in every time. Self-preservation.

The VIPS are what we think of people in power and their wealth. They are living above all things poor people face, and to them, it's entertaining.

There are lots of aspects of the series you can dive deeper into, so if you have questions, I can give you an opinion.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
if he worked as hard on THAT as he did on the Squid Game?

Sometimes a person has to face extreme circumstances for them to get it.

His daughter was well-taken care of. Therefore, the sense of urgency was different.

However, when you are facing death, you act differently. You move differently. You will work harder in other areas, where you wouldn't have before.

For example, my student. If I don't put in zeroes for missing work, they tend to continue to slack off. But the moment I start to place zeroes in the grade book, I start getting several emails on what they can do to bring it up to make up work. The effort level changes when the results don't favor their potential outcome.

edit: ^^ That was a terrible example after rereading what I said :lol:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wealth, power, desperation, relationships, and free will.

This series has touched on a multitude of human sociology and psychology.

Overall, the series is very intriguing—excellent character development, which allows you to see why the people are there in the first place.

First of all, nobody made those people COMEBACK, so they knew what they were facing. Free will.

There is a metaphor of debt, depth, and death, and how they relate to the players. Two games featured the players falling to their death.

They built a level of teamwork in trust, which was eventually the demise of the partners they chose in the next game.

The marble game showed how relationships have a ceiling when faced with decisions that are not good. Because in the end, the first natural human instinct kicks in every time. Self-preservation.

The VIPS are what we think of people in power and their wealth. They are living above all things poor people face, and to them, it's entertaining.

There are lots of aspects of the series you can dive deeper into, so if you have questions, I can give you an opinion.

as always astute analysis number one

The one thing my cousin dropped on me and I believe I posted already is THAT part

It is a Very American reaction

because I noticed people from OTHER cultures and surprising a whole lot of WHITE folk MISSED it

they CAME BACK

VOLUNTARILY

I understand all the metaphors and deep meaning behind that...

but my cousin point was he was completely devoid of sympathy as SOON as that happened

honestly I don't even think he WATCHED the rest

that ONE act somehow just disgusted him ( I don't know if it is a BLACK man reaction?)

but the fascinating part is how THAT did NOT resonate with EVERYONE

many even missed it or just glossed over it as desperation.

But I think too a certain unique sensibility it hit home

YOU ALL SAW what was THERE on that ISLAND!

and the world OUTSIDE

your situation seemed so dire...

that playing a death filled child game seemed

MORE FAIR MORE PLAUSIBLE MORE HOPEFUL

than living in the real world?

Just WOW.

( I think as a Black man I am SO generalizing here forgive me much like suicide and #metoo? We are a little callous with that)

RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY

We are really into - well its YOUR FAULT NOW!

(interesting is kinda a pull yourself by your own bootstraps mentality!)

Thoughts?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
as always astute analysis number one

The one thing my cousin dropped on me and I believe I posted already is THAT part

It is a Very American reaction

because I noticed people from OTHER cultures and surprising a whole lot of WHITE folk MISSED it

they CAME BACK

VOLUNTARILY

I understand all the metaphors and deep meaning behind that...

but my cousin point was he was completely devoid of sympathy as SOON as that happened

honestly I don't even think he WATCHED the rest

that ONE act somehow just disgusted him ( I don't know if it is a BLACK man reaction?)

but the fascinating part is how THAT did NOT resonate with EVERYONE

many even missed it or just glossed over it as desperation.

But I think a unique sensibility it hit home

YOU ALL SAW what was THERE on that ISLAND!

and the world OUTSIDE

your situation seemed so dire...

that playing a death filled child game seemed

MORE FAIR MORE PLAUSIBLE MORE HOPEFUL

than living in the real world?

Just WOW.

( I think as a Black man I am SO generalizing here forgive me much like suicide and #metoo? We are a little callous with that)

RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY

We are really into - well its YOUR FAULT NOW!

(interesting is kinda a pull yourself by your own bootstraps mentality!)

Thoughts?

Similar to your cousins, I lost all sympathy when they came back. I was just telling my wife, I’d rather be a homeless bum than to be that desperate.

But the idea of them coming back was asinine to me. Even more so, the amount of people that wanted to continue the game after the first round.

Was the world so shitty on the outside, that playing a life and death game was the only other option? Sang Woo was a criminal that didn’t want to face the consequences of his actions and lies. Everyone else, were just in debt.

If I was to make Squid Game myself, I would have eliminated the free will part of it. But that’s just me. However, it would have mimicked more of Saw II and Cube. So maybe the willingness of it all gives a deeper dynamic to the characters. But it’s doesn’t change my lack of sympathy for them.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Similar to your cousins, I lost all sympathy when they came back. I was just telling my wife, I’d rather be a homeless bum than to be that desperate.

But the idea of them coming back was asinine to me. Even more so, the amount of people that wanted to continue the game after the first round.

Was the world so shitty on the outside, that playing a life and death game was the only other option? Sang Woo was a criminal that didn’t want to face the consequences of his actions and lies. Everyone else, where just in debt.

If I was to make Squid Game myself, I would have eliminated the free will part of it. But that’s just me. However, it would have mimicked more of Saw II and Cube. So maybe the willingness of it all gives a deeper dynamic to the characters. But it’s doesn’t change my lack of sympathy for them.

I have spoken to some Korean friends and posted some articles...

Bro debt over there? Is INSANE.

Apparently it aint as far fetched OVER THERE for them to come back

and I bet there a few countries in this world?

Where its similar to that

and probably some places right here.

Last edited:

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fact that people went back to get themselves killed for a grand total of $30K (US) says a lot about the state of Korea's economy and people's lack of making good wages.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Wow wow wow

The stress of being a creative...

@largebillsonlyplease you need to read this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Wow wow wow

The stress of being a creative...

@largebillsonlyplease you need to read this

Netflix is like any place

1st deal is a stupid one unless you're already a star

And there's no guarantee he'll get a reup of anything he'll make money off his next entity from someone else

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fact that people went back to get themselves killed for a grand total of $30K (US) says a lot about the state of Korea's economy and people's lack of making good wages.

You forgot a few zeros. It's $38 million US. Each person was worth roughly $84k. There were flat out people who were over a million dollars in debt. Even if they somehow got a good paying job they still wouldn't have been able to pay it all off.

Was the world so shitty on the outside, that playing a life and death game was the only other option? Sang Woo was a criminal that didn’t want to face the consequences of his actions and lies. Everyone else, were just in debt.

I don't see it as any different than all the people here in America who think that if bad things are happening to you then it's because you aren't working hard enough. They all saw it as the one opportunity to fix everything wrong in their life and they were about to throw it away.

Also free will is an effective way to keep people under control. If they all were there by force, sooner or later one of the groups would have rebelled and organized to find a way off the island.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

good points..

But in reality dont you think there would be people who enjoy the adrenaline

rush of those sick games..

Im telling you a lot of mountain climbin, jumpin out of plane types,
'
will be in mad love with some gatdam

squid games...

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Don't have time to go thru this shit right know but how many ppl watched Alice In Borderland?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I would politely tell this brilliant creator

f*ck off

Cause bigger stars and more established critics then Lebron said this stuff a long time ago

and on even bigger platforms

and he aint say sh*t

maybe Lebron would have PAID YOU MORE THAN NETFLIX did for a new project and now he won't.

good luck on that sequel though

no pressure.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Squid Game’ Halloween Costumes Banned At NY-Area Schools After Kids Mimic Netflix Show’s Competitions At Recess – Update
By Tom Tapp
Tom Tapp
Deputy Managing Editor

squid-game.png

'Squid Game'Netflix
UPDATED with Netflix statement: Americans watched 3 billion minutes of Netflix’s blockbuster hit Squid Game last week. Some of those viewers, apparently, were kids who now are clamoring for Squid-related Halloween costumes.
A study this week found costumes from the smash series are among the most popular looks being hashtagged on Instagram. Early this week, fashion retailer New Look found the term “Squid Game costumes” among the top 10 most-Instagrammed Halloween looks. It had over 2,000 hashtags, according to the survey.
That number had jumped by more than 50% today, with 3,100 such hashtags showing in a similar Instagram search. Many of the photos accompanying the Squid Games hashtagged posts are of children dressed in the show’s trademark green track suits or hooded pink jumpsuits.

RELATED STORY
'Squid Game' Dominates U.S. Streaming Rankings Again, Hits Rare 3 Billion Minutes Milestone

Netflix rates the show for Mature Audiences, meaning it “may not be suitable for ages 17 and under,” according to the streamer’s ratings classification page. The content warning at the beginning of the show’s first episode warns of “language, violence, sex, nudity, suicide, smoking.” In other words, probably not for kids.
“Squid Game is rated TV-MA and intended for mature audiences,” a Netflix spokesperson told Deadline when contacted about the subject. “We offer parents a wide variety of parental controls to make the appropriate choices for their families.”
Fayetteville-Manlius School District Superintendent Dr. Craig Tice made the decision to ban Squid Games Halloween looks after staff noticed students “mimicking” the show’s violent games, he told USA Today, which also notes that the district is near Syracuse and includes three elementary schools.
“Some of our younger students are talking about and mimicking aspects of the show/game at school,” Tice said in a statement. “Parents and guardians … have the opportunity to speak with their children themselves about it and reinforce the school message that games associated with violent behavior are not appropriate for recess.”
The Panama City-area Bay District schools also warned in a Facebook post last week that some of its students “are trying to replicate show scenes at school, but what sounds harmless (who didn’t play Red Light/Green Light as a kid?) is not actually harmless because the game in the television show includes ‘elimination’ (death) and we are seeing kids trying to actually hurt each other in the name of this ‘game.'” It warned of “discipline referrals” for students who reenacted “violent ‘games’ at school.”

Educators in the UK Australia and Belgium have made similar observations and issued similar warnings to parents.
The costume/mimicking concerns sparked by Squid Games are not the only recent controversy over the impact of Netflix’s content in the real world. Earlier this month, comments centered on the trans and LGBTQ+ communities from Dave Chappelle in his latest Netflix special The Closer ignited criticism and protests from trans activists and supporters that prompted a walkout of Netflix employees in L.A. and a statement from co-CEO Ted Sarandos, which he later admitted he “screwed up.”