STAR WARS ANDOR (2022) Disney+ (season 2 Discussion Thread) Jesus Christ this shit is Fantastic!!

Empire

Rising Star
Registered
cfadf8a9b60dea2a38457393dca72cc4dfb014c9.gifv

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
how you give one of the greatest speeches in not just star wars, not just sci-fi, not just prison films with Andi Serkais only to tell him to hold my beer to give an equally if not better speech with Skarsgardd

real talk those 2 scenes should be automactic locks come award seasons for both actors

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Episode 10 and 11

Was gonna hold off until next weeks season finale, but I had to watch these two.

Too much temptation.

Episode 10 with the escape going down. The suspense worked out just like the earlier Heist. It looked like the plan was gonna fall apart, but cats held their ground. They all understood they were Dead Men Walking.

Really curious now about Kino now. He claimed he couldn’t swim and we saw him just standing there. I don’t think that is the last we will see of him.

Mon Motha having to work out that deal with that Asshole. At first I thought he was gonna be a perv wanting her daughter, but he wants to follow some tradition hooking up his son with her. Mon Motha looks to be going ahead with it keeping her vow for the Rebellion.

Luthern. That cat is one quick thinker. Loved how he handled Saw liked that. When he arrived at Saw’s base and that guard took that rod. That thing looked like a lightsaber to me.

The ISB agent was a nice twist. Didn’t see that coming. Luthern is the Dude escaping that Imperial Cruiser like that. Starting to think he is a former Jedi or someone heavily Force Sensitive. That laser shit he did with his ship and that rod he had is making me think so. We might not find out until the season finale or next season.

Interesting how everybody knew that Andor’s mother was dead before he found out.

Anybody noticed how when Andor was on the beach, it played out similar to when Luke was still on Tattoine and looked out toward the horizon at the setting suns in Episode 4? Andor is in the same position in his life as Luke. He is all in going forward.

luke-sunset.jpg

FhrBuIVVQAANsiw

Looking forward to the season finale next week!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Any of ya'll think Luthen might be Ex Jedi?

I’m starting to think he is a former Sith Lord.

He possibly might have some connection to Palpatine and had a difference of opinion on how to take over the Republic.

For whatever reasons they parted ways.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Episode 11 was the BEST episode so far.

Other than Luthen's ship and its laser surprise,
Syril Karn's Mother had what I felt was one of the most Emasculating and Sneering lines I've ever heard on a TV Show...

"THE MYSTERY OF YOUR FORMER TRIUMPHS HAVE BEEN VANQUISHED. I CAN SLEEP PEACEFULLY NOW."

That shit was absolutely BRUTAL!

And the final moments when Cassian finds out about his Mother's fate,
Looking over the Ocean,
With that Musical cue by Nicholas Britell was stunningly Beautiful and Heartbreaking.

And MMMAAAAAANNN...

I got a serious crush on Genevieve O'Reilly.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

Personally episode 10 was my favorite with the prison break & dualing GOAT speeches
but i did love episode 11

Luthen got fucking busy with that ship...took their mother fucking lunch money
and episode 11 really set things up to have a potential explosive finale with alot the major chacters going to Ferrrix

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Other than Luthen's ship and its laser surprise,
Syril Karn's Mother had what I felt was one of the most Emasculating and Sneering lines I've ever heard on a TV Show...

"THE MYSTERY OF YOUR FORMER TRIUMPHS HAVE BEEN VANQUISHED. I CAN SLEEP PEACEFULLY NOW."

That shit was absolutely BRUTAL!

And the final moments when Cassian finds out about his Mother's fate,
Looking over the Ocean,
With that Musical cue by Nicholas Britell was stunningly Beautiful and Heartbreaking.

And MMMAAAAAANNN...

I got a serious crush on Genevieve O'Reilly.
Gen is she the Indian looking chic?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Just watched the Season Finale.

Played out well bringing all the characters together in one episode.

They did a good job showing Fascism and how folks have to stick together to fight it. Maarva gave a good speech pointing that out in her hologram recording.

Was hoping to get more information on Luthern, definitely suspecting more that he must be a former Sith Lord. It would explain why it is so easy for him to hide on Coruscant without being detected by Sidious and Vader.

Syril going all out to rescue Dedra. You could tell she was getting moist. Disney doesn’t do love scenes but you know Syril got a quickie with her. And he will use it for his advantage in season two.

Vel and Cinta, they pretty much confirmed they are carpet munchers. Again, Disney is not gonna show anything graphic with them.

Mon Motha went ahead marrying her daughter off to get what she needs to help the Rebellion.

And it looks like Andor is going to hook up with Luthern and get the 411 on the Big Picture. That was made clear with the after credit scene. Luthern obviously knows that thing is being built and he must be the mastermind behind getting it destroyed.

Overall, definitely a great season and series. It’s a slow burn and different from everything else, but it stands alone and will be a cult classic. Along with being the foundation series for what Disney plans on going forward.

Looking forward to Season 2.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Andor Post Credit Scene

If you didn’t catch it, we found out what those “widgets” they were building in prison were for.

The scene also confirms no people were used in the construction of the Death Star which helped kept it secret.

I always assumed it was built with slave labor and they just worked people until they dropped dead.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This shit was fantastic…..

im so glad that I waited to watch the entire season..

this was probably one of my favorite pieces of Star Wars.. next to Rogue One.. I just love the dirty gritty version of Star Wars.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Shit was boring. Didn't care for any of the characters. Best episode was the second last one where the old guy escapes the tractor beam Star Destroyer.

I just watched it to see what it was all about. I was bored with Rogue One except for the Vader scene, which is probably why I found this one boring as well.

Can't wait for Mando season 3.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I seen the slow and boring with them.

It’s “Slow and Boring” cuz they spending all their time looking and focusing on nonsense….and they can’t find any.

And by the way, I need to correct myself, there is some lesbian action so far. Ver and Cinta are in a relationship. It goes over your head if you are not paying attention, but it’s there.

andor-vel-cinta.jpg
They made it pretty clear they were a couple. Remember when dude told Andor that there was already someone keeping Cinta's bed warm and was nodding towards Ver? The only thing ambiguous was whether or not Cinta was bi.

I think the incels didn't care because she was a side character, and kept it low key.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As much as I enjoyed Andor, I don't quite understand why everyone is acting brand new about the need for the rebellion in the first place. Anakin wiping out a bunch of children, the Empire blowing up entire planets,the way the Storm troopers killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, it was pretty obvious the Empire needed to be stopped.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Andor Post Credit Scene

If you didn’t catch it, we found out what those “widgets” they were building in prison were for.

The scene also confirms no people were used in the construction of the Death Star which helped kept it secret.

I always assumed it was built with slave labor and they just worked people until they dropped dead.

yea thats why they needed all that slave labor...trying to get it back on line asap...

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Andor Post Credit Scene

Technically you were not wrong about the use of labor.

the prison labor was slave labor and they made it clear those prisoners were going to be building those widgets until the day they died