STAR WARS ANDOR (2022) Disney+ (season 2 Discussion Thread) Jesus Christ this shit is Fantastic!!

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
As much as I enjoyed Andor, I don't quite understand why everyone is acting brand new about the need for the rebellion in the first place. Anakin wiping out a bunch of children, the Empire blowing up entire planets,the way the Storm troopers killed Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, it was pretty obvious the Empire needed to be stopped.

Watch “Tales of the Jedi”.

The Republic was not doing what it was supposed to be doing for the people.

That series will show why majority folks in the galaxy didn’t seem to concern when the Empire took over.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode 10 and 11

Was gonna hold off until next weeks season finale, but I had to watch these two.

Too much temptation.

Episode 10 with the escape going down. The suspense worked out just like the earlier Heist. It looked like the plan was gonna fall apart, but cats held their ground. They all understood they were Dead Men Walking.

Really curious now about Kino now. He claimed he couldn’t swim and we saw him just standing there. I don’t think that is the last we will see of him.

Mon Motha having to work out that deal with that Asshole. At first I thought he was gonna be a perv wanting her daughter, but he wants to follow some tradition hooking up his son with her. Mon Motha looks to be going ahead with it keeping her vow for the Rebellion.

Luthern. That cat is one quick thinker. Loved how he handled Saw liked that. When he arrived at Saw’s base and that guard took that rod. That thing looked like a lightsaber to me.

The ISB agent was a nice twist. Didn’t see that coming. Luthern is the Dude escaping that Imperial Cruiser like that. Starting to think he is a former Jedi or someone heavily Force Sensitive. That laser shit he did with his ship and that rod he had is making me think so. We might not find out until the season finale or next season.

Interesting how everybody knew that Andor’s mother was dead before he found out.

Anybody noticed how when Andor was on the beach, it played out similar to when Luke was still on Tattoine and looked out toward the horizon at the setting suns in Episode 4? Andor is in the same position in his life as Luke. He is all in going forward.

luke-sunset.jpg

FhrBuIVVQAANsiw

Looking forward to the season finale next week!
Actually that scene reminded more of the end of Rogue 1.
Watch “Tales of the Jedi”.

The Republic was not doing what it was supposed to be doing for the people.

That series will show why majority folks in the galaxy didn’t seem to concern when the Empire took over.
To me the prequels did an okay job explaining how Palpatine suckered the Senate and the population at large into letting him become Supreme Chancellor. We see the manipulation at play and how he created a crisis only he could fix.

My comment is based on how some people felt Andor did a good job of explaining why people were fighting against the empire. However, all the movies, books, tv shows, etc. have always showed the heavy handiness of the Empire. I don't think Andor did anything different in that respect. It just showed what was the breaking point for some of folks that decided to fight back that weren't related to the Skywalker mythos.

Now what it did do was take some of the shine off the Rebellion. Up to now, the Rebellion was nothing but good people with good intentions. We actually got to see the good guys playing dirty sometimes.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just watched the Season Finale.

Played out well bringing all the characters together in one episode.

They did a good job showing Fascism and how folks have to stick together to fight it. Maarva gave a good speech pointing that out in her hologram recording.

Was hoping to get more information on Luthern, definitely suspecting more that he must be a former Sith Lord. It would explain why it is so easy for him to hide on Coruscant without being detected by Sidious and Vader.

Syril going all out to rescue Dedra. You could tell she was getting moist. Disney doesn’t do love scenes but you know Syril got a quickie with her. And he will use it for his advantage in season two.

Vel and Cinta, they pretty much confirmed they are carpet munchers. Again, Disney is not gonna show anything graphic with them.

Mon Motha went ahead marrying her daughter off to get what she needs to help the Rebellion.

And it looks like Andor is going to hook up with Luthern and get the 411 on the Big Picture. That was made clear with the after credit scene. Luthern obviously knows that thing is being built and he must be the mastermind behind getting it destroyed.

Overall, definitely a great season and series. It’s a slow burn and different from everything else, but it stands alone and will be a cult classic. Along with being the foundation series for what Disney plans on going forward.

Looking forward to Season 2.
Vel and Cinta were confirmed to be together in earlier episodes...
Mon Motha didnt marry her daughter off; just introduce them as a possible step to a union...
Vader doesnt reside on Coruscant...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
It was... Ok. Waaaaaay too slow, the dialogue wasn't as interesting as they thought it was but the production was top level, the acting was excellent as well. A real shame to waste it on such a long and boring story overfilled with side characters no one cares about. I can see why this wasn't a hit, Mando stands as the only fake star wars I really enjoy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Diego Luna Explains How the Audience Is Part of ‘Andor’ Season 2, Sheds Light on His ‘Star Wars’ Future
Related Videos

By Meredith Woerner
Plus Icon
There may only be one more season of “Andor” to go, but it sounds like it’s exactly what audiences are hoping for.

Diego Luna, who’s currently filming the final season of the Disney+ series in London, opened up about the experience on Friday at the Miami Film Festival, where he accepted Variety’s inaugural Virtuoso Award.

“It’s been bittersweet because every day I know I’m a day closer to the end,” Luna said. “It was really nice to approach a series knowing there’s an ending. It doesn’t happen! The new conversation on set with streaming is people talking about the possible future… Like, ‘Well, there might be a second season or a third season. This thing of leaving everything open I think is bringing anxiety to actors that needs to be treated. We’re all thinking about something that we can’t know.”

Luckily, that’s not the case for “Andor,” a prequel to the 2016 film, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”

“The second season ends where ‘Rogue One’ starts. We’re not changing the ending of ‘Rogue One’ so that’s it. It’s a nice feeling, it’s like a long film… It has a beginning and an end. We all know what’s going to happen,” he said. “There’s something interesting with the second season, which is that I have a different feeling every day I go to set. Now I know, not just that the series was well received and that people liked it, but I know why they liked it. That’s another tool we have these days through social media. We actually listen to audiences and critics. We understand what things connected and what didn’t connect. It’s kind of cool to have an opportunity to go and execute another season having this information. It’s, in a way, a season that will end up representing the audience in a different way. Somehow, the audience is part of this season because the interaction we had served as inspiration.”

Season 2 will be the end of the road for Cassian Andor and creator Tony Gilroy has stated that this is his last “Star Wars” project. However, there could be a different role in the “Star Wars” universe in the future for Luna — possibly as a director.

“You’ll have to ask someone who can actually give me that job, otherwise we’re just talking fantasy. That’s another galaxy, I don’t know how far away it is. I like directing. I can tell you one thing, the next thing I’m doing after this is directing,” he said. “When ‘Rogue One’ ended, my daughter said, ‘Is that it? You’re dead!’ I was like, yeah that’s it… I do film, it always has a beginning and end. And then I went on to do two seasons of a TV show, a prequel, so who knows! I don’t like thinking too far ahead.”

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Now Disney is gonna trace the phone that recorded that and send goons to best up the person who leaked ithst footage.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Andor’: Lucasfilm Debuts First Look at Season 2 of Star Wars Prequel Series

By Adam B. Vary, Amon Warmann
April 7, 2023 3:33am PT

Luscasfilm unveiled its first look at Season 2 of its Disney+ series “Andor” on Friday as part of the Star Wars Celebration fan convention in London.

The 12-episode first season of “Andor,” created and executive produced by “Rogue One” co-writer Tony Gilroy, debuted in September to wide acclaim for its sprawling, ground-level depiction of the formation of the Rebel Alliance. Set five years before the events of “Rogue One,” the first season tracks a year in the life of Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) as he transforms from a cynical, small-time criminal into a man ready to join the fight against the Galactic Empire.

Gilroy explained on Friday that the team is working as quickly as possible to get Season 2 done. Shooting began in November and is expected to wrap in August. The creator predicted the show will hit Disney+ in August 2024.

“If you know your ending, it really helps,” said Gilroy. “We know exactly where we’re going. You know what you have to deliver emotionally and what the story has to do. It’s a decision borne of survival, but it’s good for us creatively.”

Season 2 footage revealed at the event showed Mon Mothma trying to rally a rebellion. Villain Syril Karn (Kyle Soller) also seems to have a bigger role in the show. Meanwhile, Luna’s Cassian Andor was shown with a new hairdo. Season 2 introduces a number of new characters.

The next season of “Andor” is expected to unfold in a much different format from Season 1. Luna is returning, along with Stellan Skarsgård, Genevieve O’Reilly, Kyle Soller, Adria Arjona, Denise Gough, Faye Marsay and Varada Sethu. But rather than take place over a year, the 12-episode season will take place over four years leading up to right before the events of “Rogue One,” in three-episode pods written and directed by the same team. Each of those pods will encapsulate a successive number of days within one of those years.

Fans have long anticipated that Season 2 will depict how Cassian found and reprogramed the Imperial droid K-2SO, voiced by Alan Tudyk in “Rogue One.”

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Andor Season 2: Story, Updates, & Everything We Know

Andor season 2 is expected to be released in 2024, but it may be delayed due to the aftermath of the actors' strike. The plot of Andor season 2 will focus on Cassian Andor becoming a crucial rebel agent and the challenges of building the Rebellion. Andor season 2 will likely feature the first meeting between Cassian and Mon Mothma, as well as explore Mothma's efforts to stay hidden from the Emperor while building the Rebellion.

BY LEWIS GLAZEBROOK
UPDATED NOV 15, 2023

andor-luthen.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Diego Luna Promises Rogue One Cameos In Andor Season 2 & A "Different Perspective" On Disney's Best Star Wars Movie

There will be more Rogue One cameos in Andor season 2, changing how audiences view the 2016 film. Diego Luna hints at a rich second season with resolved stories and new perspectives on the rebellion.

By Matthew Rudoy
June 23, 2024

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Diego Luna Promises Rogue One Cameos In Andor Season 2 & A "Different Perspective" On Disney's Best Star Wars Movie

There will be more Rogue One cameos in Andor season 2, changing how audiences view the 2016 film. Diego Luna hints at a rich second season with resolved stories and new perspectives on the rebellion.

By Matthew Rudoy
June 23, 2024

What made Andor good was it's lack of George Lucas's goofiness. They should reboot the original movies.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
This is why most people on here know you're a fucking idiot who talks out their ass.
Star wars is dead because it doesnt know what it wants to be. Fiiloni, Kathleen Kennedy and that thick necked elton john lookin' thing that wrote the acolyte took a giant shit all over star wars corpse.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Star wars is dead because it doesnt know what it wants to be. Fiiloni, Kathleen Kennedy and that thick necked elton john lookin' thing that wrote the acolyte took a giant shit all over star wars corpse.
Then we have idiots like @blackbull1970 shitting on George Lucas like he isn't one of the most influential filmmakers of all time, especially with the popularity of major franchises like the MCU. I can't take anyone that stupid seriously and it makes sense someone so dumb would have that opinion and like the acolyte.

This is the same dumbass who said that OT has more plot holes then the sequel trilogy, a trilogy that has legendary lines such as "somehow palpatine has returned"... Lmao gtfoh

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Then we have idiots like @blackbull1970 shitting on George Lucas like he isn't one of the most influential filmmakers of all time, especially with the popularity of major franchises like the MCU. I can't take anyone that stupid seriously and it makes sense someone so dumb would have that opinion and like the acolyte.

This is the same dumbass who said that OT has more plot holes then the sequel trilogy, a trilogy that has legendary lines such as "somehow palpatine has returned"... Lmao gtfoh

And I stand by everything I have stated about GL.

One of the biggest plot holes George never closed was why Luke showed up in Episode 6 dressed in all Black like the Sith.

Return of the Jedi debuted in 1983. Here it is 2024 and we still ain’t got a answer. I was 12 years old when I saw that film in theaters and I’m now 54 years old.

And No, the EU book’s explanation does not count, we have to wait for Disney to explain when they will eventually put out projects to fill in between Episodes 4 and 6.

At the slow rate Disney is putting out content, I will probably be in my damn 70s before I get a answer.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

One of the biggest plot holes George never closed was why Luke showed up in Episode 6 dressed in all Black like the Sith.

Return of the Jedi debuted in 1983. Here it is 2024 and we still ain’t got a answer. I was 12 years old when I saw that film in theaters and I’m now 54 years old.

And No, the EU book’s explanation does not count, we have to wait for Disney to explain when they will eventually put out projects to fill in between Episodes 4 and 6.

At the slow rate Disney is putting out content, I will probably be in my damn 70s before I get a answer.
You have to give him props for creating Industrial Light & Magic at least right?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I have pointed out that what GL did with the franchise was not all that great.

Majority of cats on here think his work was the greatest.
this is the equivalent to bitching about McFarlane's writing on Spawn...

good or bad - it was Lucas' IP

look none of the currently popular /favourite characters and stories were created / written by Lucas... but with the exception of Mando - all were created under Lucas' guidelines

Lucas' allowing other's creative work in his sand box
while curating and providing guidelines to maintain canon across all media...

is what you and Kennedy seem not to understand about the core fan base's critiques

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

This fucking idiot smh

See, like I said this nitwit doesn't know what a plot hole is and needs his hand held and things explained to him like he's still 12 and not a nearly 60 year old man lmao

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
You have to give him props for creating Industrial Light & Magic at least right?

this is the equivalent to bitching about McFarlane's writing on Spawn...

good or bad - it was Lucas' IP

look none of the currently popular /favourite characters and stories were created / written by Lucas... but with the exception of Mando - all were created under Lucas' guidelines

Lucas' allowing other's creative work in his sand box
while curating and providing guidelines to maintain canon across all media...

is what you and Kennedy seem not to understand about the core fan base's critiques
You guys are taking a guy seriously who has a star wars avatar and has said the words George Lucas isn't that great land didn't do anything special with star wars. Lmao

Yeah it was Dave filoni, kat Kennedy, Jon favreu, and Leslie headland that changed cinema, revolutionized speciel effects, the blockbuster, turned an indie into a multi billion dollar property and created indiana Jones lmao gtfoh

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

You're like the Trekkies who believe Star Trek was better when it wasn't written by Gene Roddenberry. I mean that probably describes most Trekkies myself included.

The difference is you're angry as fuck. Did Luke wearing a black outfit really bother you that much?

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor