Star Wars Episode VII & Beyond On-going Discussion (Disney+ adding 10 NEW STAR WARS SERIES)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How well did that work in The Last Jedi?

I don't feel that movie was any type of "departure " from the usual star wars

It's not Andor or Tag Bink

Or Lower Decks (star trek),

Or heist movie like Antman.

We gotta let uniquely talented artists try to flip these properties into new directions.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They already doing some horror-type stuff in the SW comics

star-wars-dark-droids-marvel-comics-releases-sto.jpeg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Good. He ruined Thor with too much humor. I don't think his style would have worked in the galaxy far far away.

I disagree

You can have different genres tones and takes in star wars

You just have to do it correctly
I wouldn't say he ruined Thor. If anything Ragnarok saved the character after the lackluster outing that was 'The Dark World'.

I just wish he wouldn't have doubled and tripled down on the comedy in the last movie. The humor in that one was so bad it kinda makes me regret liking Ragnarok.

Yoooooo
Is that supposed to be evil C3-PO.
GTFOHWTBS!!!!!! :lol:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I just wish he wouldn't have doubled and tripled down on the comedy in the last movie. The humor in that one was so bad it kinda makes me regret liking Ragnarok.
I liked Ragnarok a lot. But like you said, him doubling and tripling down on that comedy in Thor Love & Thunder just killed the character for me.

Even Chris Hemsworth felt like the humor in Thor 4 was a bit too much and wants the character to be more serious.

Waititi's style just doesn't fit in Star Wars, similar to how Rian Johnson's "humor" made me regret paying to see The Last Jedi.

I'd fear Waititi would go full retard on the humor and jokes in the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^^

Yup yup

They BEEN doing that for decades

they need to bring more of that on the screen.

And also take a little break.

Not super long but just to get all they sh*t on track.

Can we get a minute to miss Star Wars?

These series and movies should be EVENTS.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I liked Ragnarok a lot. But like you said, him doubling and tripling down on that comedy in Thor Love & Thunder just killed the character for me.

Even Chris Hemsworth felt like the humor in Thor 4 was a bit too much and wants the character to be more serious.

Waititi's style just doesn't fit in Star Wars, similar to how Rian Johnson's "humor" made me regret paying to see The Last Jedi.

I'd fear Waititi would go full retard on the humor and jokes in the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Your NOT wrong

Him and Gunn have that same issue they can sometimes go TO FAR INTO THEIR OWN BAG.

When Feige was at his best he was able to rein that in. And then all the Marvel best directors would collaborate and support advise each other.

But Waititi using his unique talents to tell a Star Wars story would have very dope to me. I still would like to see it.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Your NOT wrong

Him and Gunn have that same issue they can sometimes go TO FAR INTO THEIR OWN BAG.

When Feige was at his best he was able to rein that in. And then all the Marvel best directors would collaborate and support advise each other.

But Waititi using his unique talents to tell a Star Wars story would have very dope to me. I still would like to see it.
I was getting the same bad feelings here as I did when they said Quentin Tarantino was going to direct a Star Wars movie. Certain directors are so immersed in their own style that doing a big budget commercial sequel just wouldn't feel right.

How long would it take an alien in the Tarantino's SW movie to call Lando a n****r? Hard 'R' at the end btw.

In Tarantino's SW I'm sure they'd end up on planet n****r, where the aliens all speak like Pokémon and can only say one word.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was getting the same bad feelings here as I did when they said Quentin Tarantino was going to direct a Star Wars movie. Certain directors are so immersed in their own style that doing a big budget commercial sequel just wouldn't feel right.

How long would it take an alien in the Tarantino's SW movie to call Lando a n****r? Hard 'R' at the end btw.

In Tarantino's SW I'm sure they'd end up on planet n****r, where the aliens all speak like Pokémon and can only say one word.

I actually disagree

I'm cool with all that.

These are some of the most talented people in the industry.

Glover and his brother doing the Lando movie

Why not?

Let them have fun be different experiment

Isn't that what this all supposed to be about?

And you KNOW my iron clad rule...

You don't HAVE to watch it

Everything ain't for everybody.

I been reading comics since 7 years ago.

I don't like EVERY artist or writer.

I love Spike Lee I don't love EVERY one of his movies.

But I like that he did a bank heist film then the old boy remake.

Ever movie doesn't have to have some social issue message.

give the John Wick crew a Batman movie. Give the Strike Back crew a GI Joe movie. Let Boots do Moon Girl.

I'm here for all that.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
This is the sequel trilogy we should've got after seeing this it's hard for me to go back for even the force awakens

This is my official head canon for now on out.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Star Wars' Next TV Show Gets Disappointing Release Update (Official)

According to the filing, the "Projected Date of Publication" for the series premiere reads 2024-01, indicating Skeleton Crew has been delayed from its initial 2023 release window.

By Savannah Sanders
Posted: October 09, 2023

jeut.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Star Wars' Next TV Show Gets Disappointing Release Update (Official)

According to the filing, the "Projected Date of Publication" for the series premiere reads 2024-01, indicating Skeleton Crew has been delayed from its initial 2023 release window.

By Savannah Sanders
Posted: October 09, 2023

jeut.jpg
Skeleton Crew sounds like the SW version of
yhjQEoooLRM4muy2hUQ4ZPmfBMwPB0Db.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What is your favorite movie scene to pause?

Here is an innocuous scene in "Return of the Jedi". Leia (Carrie Fisher) puts her hand on the shoulder of Han Solo (Harrison Ford), while they are in the cockpit of their favorite ship.

And fleetingly, we see her "coke finger"...

391645565_275342822140314_6365411725551082846_n.jpg

What is the "coke finger"?

If you wear a single long nail - especially in the 80s - this nail is most likely used to stuff white powder into your nostrils, without the need to roll a banknote...

Carrie has since acknowledged the facts at length.

In an interview, Carrie Fisher explains that this particular scene was filmed the day after a very drunken (and/or powdered) party organized by the Rolling Stones and that she and Harrison Ford were still drunk from the day before :)…..And it shows on screen.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I wouldn't say he ruined Thor. If anything Ragnarok saved the character after the lackluster outing that was 'The Dark World'.

Yoooooo
Is that supposed to be evil C3-PO.
GTFOHWTBS!!!!!! :lol:
He ruined Thor end of discussion

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Star Wars Has the Perfect Enemy for Rey Skywalker's Return

Daisy Ridley will reprise her role as Rey Skywalker in a new Star Wars film -- and The Bad Batch has provided her with a terrifying opponent.

BY KEVIN MELROSE, RENALDO MATADEEN AND JOSHUA M. PATTON
UPDATED OCT 1, 2023

Rey-Skywalker-In-Star-Wars.jpg

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

We gotta let uniquely talented artists try to flip these properties into new directions.
It was a departure though. Luke's main character traits were his faith in his father when no one else believed, and his devotion to his friends.

Last Jedi basically said lol fuck that. Not only does Luke now not have any faith in being able to reach his nephew, he's actually going to try to murder him. And he gives so few fucks about his friends now that he has to be begged to help them.

That is a core betrayal of the Luke Skywalker character.

That's why fans hated that movie.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was a departure though. Luke's main character traits were his faith in his father when no one else believed, and his devotion to his friends.

Last Jedi basically said lol fuck that. Not only does Luke now not have any faith in being able to reach his nephew, he's actually going to try to murder him. And he gives so few fucks about his friends now that he has to be begged to help them.

That is a core betrayal of the Luke Skywalker character.

That's why fans hated that movie.

fair points

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

To be clear I wasn't really targeting last jedi or was more talking OVERALL.